Official February 2014 Thread...

Might be a dumb question, but are you able to book out that far yet? When looking on the WDW website, it is showing nothing available for the resorts I am looking at.
You definitely can book over the phone for February now. However, it will be a room only reservation. You pay a deposit ($200 I think) and when Disney releases package pricing in the summer you can call and change it to a package reservation. I suggest using an online travel agent. It makes things soooo much easier. Plus if Disney releases something like Free Dining after you book, your travel agent can easily get you the deal. It's harder when dealing with Disney directly. I had a great experience with the Small World Vacations (smallworldvacations.com) and it's free.

So I've got WDW fever and I really want to talk Disney! Let's get some conversations going! Where is everyone staying? Is it a first trip for anyone? Any one have questions or advice to share? :)

Trying to plan a trip for late January/early February. BUt not sure yet. I want to go when crowds are low, but I also don't want to run into alot of ride closures. We will be celebrating my kids birthdays, My one son will be turning 13 (that will probably be a day in Universal), my youngest will be turning 4, bith in Early Feb, and my middle son will be truning 10 in April, but that is fine. He is happy about going:)

Is there anywhere I can find a list of the ride closures for refurbishment here or online? I have looked but have had no luck.

We will be driving to save alot of money since airfare is insane. Probably only hitting DHS and MK and two Universal days and a day at Lego Land. Resting in between, so we are not wearing ourselves out too much. Last day will also be a chill day. Not sure of where we are staying yet.

Still in the thought process...

Is there anywhere I can find a list of the ride closures for refurbishment here or online? I have looked but have had no luck.
Allears.net keeps track of ride closures here: http://allears.net/tp/rehabs.htm. There's not much for February now, but I'm sure they'll be adding stuff.

If you're still up in the air about which date, this site ranks every week in order based on crowds, price, weather, and other factors such as ride closures. http://**************.net/2012/10/15/2014-weeks-visit-walt-disney-world-ranked-order/

Is this your first trip?

So I've got WDW fever and I really want to talk Disney! Let's get some conversations going! Where is everyone staying? Is it a first trip for anyone? Any one have questions or advice to share? :)

We plan on staying at Pop right now as it is our go to value. But we are going in September too and it looks like it may be cheaper to upgrade to a annual pass since we are going again in Feb. if we do that we may explore staying at a deluxe. Moderates don't appeal to me because they still have the motel feel. if we upgade it will be something deluxe or nada. I'm inherently obsessed with getting a deal so we'd only do deluxe if there is good a room discount.

We are planning on staying at POR in a Royal Guest Room. My DD are tween and a new "teen" and this will be our very first trip.

We are coming from the West Coast so this will be quite a long flight and I am considering an overnight flight so we don't waste a day. We will not be going to the parks the day we arrive and will instead have relaxed plans that may include going to downtown Disney, exploring the resort grounds, swimming, resting, etc.

I have already bought our tickets through undercover tourist, need to book rooms and airfare.

ADRs though are a different story....the girl's really want to go to a princess breakfast at Cinderella's Castle but does anyone know the cost? Also, I would like to go to one other...I am not sure if it should be hoop dee doo review or something else? I really do not want to go to Wishes dessert party.

Looking forward to responses and to see what other posters' plans are..popcorn::

We're going either the 10th-17th or the 11th-18th of Feb next year and staying at CBR hopefully!

Super excited because we'll have the QSDP for plenty of yummy snacks.

We plan on staying at Pop right now as it is our go to value.

I love Pop! I've stayed there on my last two trips, and that's where we'd stay this time, too. We almost stayed at AoA last time, but I'm glad we didn't. There's just that "something" that makes me love Pop Century! Also, I agree that there's really no point in staying in a moderate over a value. They really are not worth the extra money. But staying in a deluxe would be awesome! Which one do you have your eye on?

Super excited because we'll have the QSDP for plenty of yummy snacks.

I LOVED having the QSDP on my last trip! All I could talk about was the delicious food when I got home! I wouldn't do it again, however, unless I got another deal on it. For me, it was too much food and what I would spend OOP would not equal the cost of the QSDP.

ADRs though are a different story....the girl's really want to go to a princess breakfast at Cinderella's Castle but does anyone know the cost? Also, I would like to go to one other...I am not sure if it should be hoop dee doo review or something else? I really do not want to go to Wishes dessert party.

Allears.net has some info about Cinderella's Royal Table: http://allears.net/menu/menu_crb.htm
Check out the whole list of menus to help out with the rest of your meal planning: http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

I LOVED having the QSDP on my last trip! All I could talk about was the delicious food when I got home! I wouldn't do it again, however, unless I got another deal on it. For me, it was too much food and what I would spend OOP would not equal the cost of the QSDP.

We're getting it free with staying at a moderate resort. We would have stayed at a value and added it on but it was just as much money to just upgrade the resort and get it free.

We are booked for 1/29 to 2/12 and I'm so excited! We had a bit of a disastrous trip in October and I wasn't sure if we'd go back until we had school-age children, but we just find that with very small people it's the only place that ticks all the boxes for this neurotic mama. :crazy2:

Woohoo! It's official, we're going to CBR from the 10th to the 17th of Feb 2014!!! :cool1::yay::woohoo:

I love Pop! I've stayed there on my last two trips, and that's where we'd stay this time, too. We almost stayed at AoA last time, but I'm glad we didn't. There's just that "something" that makes me love Pop Century! Also, I agree that there's really no point in staying in a moderate over a value. They really are not worth the extra money. But staying in a deluxe would be awesome! Which one do you have your eye on?

Yeah we love Pop too think it has just the right amount of Disney to it but even amongst the larger than life theming still has class. If we go deluxe right now I'm thinking wilderness lodge, Like the idea of the boat to MK since that is likely where we will spend the majority of our time. May consider one of the monorail resorts but the prices tend to be a bit out of hand so WL is the top contender at the moment. Hoping for a bounceback offer when we go in Sep to tempt me.

You planning Pop in Feb?

Allears.net keeps track of ride closures here: http://allears.net/tp/rehabs.htm. There's not much for February now, but I'm sure they'll be adding stuff.

If you're still up in the air about which date, this site ranks every week in order based on crowds, price, weather, and other factors such as ride closures. http://**************.net/2012/10/15/2014-weeks-visit-walt-disney-world-ranked-order/

Is this your first trip?

Oh no!!! Been there many times. See my signature line:) Thanks for the tip...I have checked there and nothing yet for closures. I also spoke to my friend who works for Disney and she said they are not out yet. I'm really only worried about the Rockin Roller Coaster and Toy Story Mania. My 9 year old was just a half inch too short to ride RRC last time we were there, and they wouldn't let him on. He was so bummed, so I need to make sure he can get on it this time around since this will probably be our last visit to WDW since we are hoping to move to CA...but we have been hoping and trying for that for years and it hasn't happened yet. Who knows if we will even still be here in Feb, but we are still thinking about it if we are. And of course the lines were insane for TSM last time and we could not get anywhere near it or even get a fast pass.

We are trying to go when the crowds are low and the prices are too. September is just too hot for us. Would love to tack on some free dining, but I don't think they offer that then. It would save us alot of money since there are five of us.

Thanks for the tips!

[/B]

Oh no!!! Been there many times. See my signature line:) Thanks for the tip...I have checked there and nothing yet for closures. I also spoke to my friend who works for Disney and she said they are not out yet. I'm really only worried about the Rockin Roller Coaster and Toy Story Mania. My 9 year old was just a half inch too short to ride RRC last time we were there, and they wouldn't let him on. He was so bummed, so I need to make sure he can get on it this time around since this will probably be our last visit to WDW since we are hoping to move to CA...but we have been hoping and trying for that for years and it hasn't happened yet. Who knows if we will even still be here in Feb, but we are still thinking about it if we are. And of course the lines were insane for TSM last time and we could not get anywhere near it or even get a fast pass.

We are trying to go when the crowds are low and the prices are too. September is just too hot for us. Would love to tack on some free dining, but I don't think they offer that then. It would save us alot of money since there are five of us.

Thanks for the tips!

Oops, didn't see your signature! :p When I was there this past February, they were refurbishing the guitar on RRC - it was open but the front was covered in a scrim. So maybe they won't be doing anything else with it in the near future? All speculation, of course. I have no idea about TSM, though.

Yeah we love Pop too think it has just the right amount of Disney to it but even amongst the larger than life theming still has class. If we go deluxe right now I'm thinking wilderness lodge, Like the idea of the boat to MK since that is likely where we will spend the majority of our time. May consider one of the monorail resorts but the prices tend to be a bit out of hand so WL is the top contender at the moment. Hoping for a bounceback offer when we go in Sep to tempt me.

You planning Pop in Feb?

We'd most likely stay at Pop if we go. Our plans are sooooo tentative right now. :(

We'd most likely stay at Pop if we go. Our plans are sooooo tentative right now. :(

Ours are also very tentative. Still in the thought process. Don't want to book anything until it gets closer and we are sure of closures. We will more than likely stay at a value as well, but weighing it out with renting outside the parks. I love staying on property though. My dream is AKL...never gonna happen though, too much $$$.

Still fun to plan and something to possibly look forward to.

Hi all! We are planning on going over Presidents Week. We went at that time two years ago and had a great time! I haven't decided on a resort yet- we stayed at POFQ last time because we had free dining and loved it. But, if we have to pay for dining we will most likely end up at a value because it's so expensive that week. We have done POP 4 times, thinking about trying AoA. Waiting patiently for airfare to be released on SW before we book!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter