Official Fantasyland Expansion Q & A (Mickey gets evicted) PART II

Plans for Goofy's Barnstormer:

Will the ride be torn down? Or will it be re-themed? I have seen one sentence on a site somewhere (very specific, I know) that said it would be re-themed as a clown coaster. Every other link I can find simply says the ride will be closed when Toontown closes. Thanks for the info or links.

There was a rumor going around that it was going to be rethemed as a clown coaster, but not from any reputable site.

A more reputable rumor is that it is still going to be themed with Goofy... but as some sort of ring master theme, I've heard, "The Great Goofini."

A Google search with several Great Goofini references.

The only announcement from Disney is that it is being saved and rethemed, but as what remains unknown.

There was a rumor going around that it was going to be rethemed as a clown coaster, but not from any reputable site.

A more reputable rumor is that it is still going to be themed with Goofy... but as some sort of magician theme, I've heard, "The Great Goofino."

The only announcement from Disney is that it is being saved and rethemed, but as what remains unknown.

Thanks for the answer. My boys (ages 6, 3, 3) love the ride and would be sad if it was gone for good. I will miss the Goofy airplane cut-out in the wall of the barn, but I'm glad it will be saved in some form. That was a pretty good theme for a kiddy coaster.

Me obsessing over our fall trip again. :-)

If they are moving Dumbo, then it will have to be closed at some point, right? Any idea on when that would happen. (Hopefully not before September!)

Me obsessing over our fall trip again. :-)

If they are moving Dumbo, then it will have to be closed at some point, right? Any idea on when that would happen. (Hopefully not before September!)

They have not said. I like to think that they will put the new one in place before closing the old one, but there's no way to know yet. For me, Dumbo was never about the ride itself, but the view of the castle and Fantasyland, the heart and soul of the Magic Kingdom. Now that it's moving away from the castle, I'm just not that excited about it any more. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it is.

RE: Ariel's attraction -- I watched the video -- does anyone else get the feeling that it's a lot like Nemo & Friends but without the real water & fish? :confused3 Maybe it's just the clam-mobiles but I'm getting a kind of copycat feel. Is there anything to indicate that this will be a really fresh new ride? It seems surprising that a brand-new, expensive-to-build E-Ticket attraction would be basically the same thing that already exists just one park away.

We went to Disneyland this past summer and the video reminds me a whole lot like the submarine attraction. (which was very lame). It seems to me to be a cross between Nemo & Friends, the Submarine ride, Pooh & Snow White. Not at all what I expected. However, I don't know what I expected.

I didn't realize Disney made that announcement as a part of the expansion. I know it's never been as popular as Peter Pan. We went to Disneyland this past summer. Got there early. Peter Pan was packed imediately. We went to Snow White instead, we litterally were the only people in the entire attraction. We thought it was closed. Disneyland's version is much darker than the World's and there's no happy ending at the end. The last thing you see is the witch. Strange.

Got there early. Peter Pan was packed imediately.

PP at DL is the recommended "GO TO" ride first thing, much like Dumbo is in the MK. There is no FP for PP at DL so it's the only hope you have of doing it with a reasonable wait.

PP at DL is the recommended "GO TO" ride first thing, much like Dumbo is in the MK. There is no FP for PP at DL so it's the only hope you have of doing it with a reasonable wait.

After Snow White, we did go back and do Peter Pan at Disneyland. 45 minute waite, early in the morning. We couldn't understand why there wasn't a FP for the attraction.

After Snow White, we did go back and do Peter Pan at Disneyland. 45 minute waite, early in the morning. We couldn't understand why there wasn't a FP for the attraction.

They don't have FP for Toy Story Mania in DLR either. I'm not sure what their thinking was. Maybe they think there's just enough other stuff to do in close proximity????? There certainly is a lot more to do in a smaller area there. But that dang PP line stays long ALL DAY there.

A bit OT but I thought perhaps you nicely informed folks may be able to help me out! We will be in WDW from 1/23-1/29 (woo-hoo less then 2 weeks)

Where in all the world do we have our best chance of seeing Tnkerbell or any fairies for that matter? Not counting tink over the castle at end of night in MK or in a box in the gift shop of course:rotfl:

I fear we may need to make do with the Princesses. . .and sad to say but Ariel is my DD5's favorite one of those! oh my!

Can anyone point me in the right direction for Tink at least?

At least Minnie and Mickeys house will still be there for the DS7 who truly believes they go there to sleep at night! oiy. Whoever said that Mickey likes to sleep in Cinderellas castle while he is in WDW on vacation? Ingenious! I will be using that one for sure.

A bit OT but I thought perhaps you nicely informed folks may be able to help me out! We will be in WDW from 1/23-1/29 (woo-hoo less then 2 weeks)

Where in all the world do we have our best chance of seeing Tnkerbell or any fairies for that matter? Not counting tink over the castle at end of night in MK or in a box in the gift shop of course:rotfl:

I fear we may need to make do with the Princesses. . .and sad to say but Ariel is my DD5's favorite one of those! oh my!

Can anyone point me in the right direction for Tink at least?

At least Minnie and Mickeys house will still be there for the DS7 who truly believes they go there to sleep at night! oiy. Whoever said that Mickey likes to sleep in Cinderellas castle while he is in WDW on vacation? Ingenious! I will be using that one for sure.

There is only ONE place to meet Tink, and luckily you're going to be there before she disappears from Toontown. Pixie Hollow is back where the princesses are, just a different line. Beware that it moves FAR more slowly than the princess line. So wait at the entrance to Toontown at 9:30. It opens at 9:45. If you're there in the first few groups, you can see them with a minimal wait. Later in the day it takes much longer and hardly ever lets up.

Once Toontown is closed, it is rumored that Tink will go to DHS and the other fairies will go to Epcot, but this is not certain. And while there is a date certain for them leaving (2/11 is their last day) there is no date certain yet for them to reappear.

Enjoy!

They have not said. I like to think that they will put the new one in place before closing the old one, but there's no way to know yet. For me, Dumbo was never about the ride itself, but the view of the castle and Fantasyland, the heart and soul of the Magic Kingdom. Now that it's moving away from the castle, I'm just not that excited about it any more. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it is.

i agree with this completely! flying over Fantasyland has a magic to it that moving it to the back of (what is now) Toontown completely lacks. look at Aladdin's Magic Carpets--the line is never as long as Dumbo. the same goes for Triceratops Spin at AK--it never has a super long line like Dumbo. not that they would, but if they only built one Dumbo in back and left the other, i'd almost guarantee that the original Dumbo would be the one with the long line.

i'd be sad to see Snow White disappear too. it was bad enough that they were ignoring her in the original expansion plans. but to take more away from her? i'd LOVE a dwarves mine coaster. but i don't see why that means we can't have a (what is essentially the Evil Queen ride) Snow White ride too.

i'd be sad to see Snow White disappear too. it was bad enough that they were ignoring her in the original expansion plans. but to take more away from her? i'd LOVE a dwarves mine coaster. but i don't see why that means we can't have a (what is essentially the Evil Queen ride) Snow White ride too.

Haven't you heard? There are too many girl attractions in the Magic Kingdom.

Cinderella's carousel had to be made into Prince Charming's Regal Carousel. Snow White is being replaced by a 7 Dwarf Mine Coaster. They are building Prince Eric's Castle, the Beast's Castle and Gaston is getting a tavern.

Maybe they'd consider keeping the ride if Snow White's prince even HAD a name to name it after! :lmao:

Haven't you heard? There are too many girl attractions in the Magic Kingdom.

Cinderella's carousel had to be made into Prince Charming's Regal Carousel. Snow White is being replaced by a 7 Dwarf Mine Coaster. They are building Prince Eric's Castle, the Beast's Castle and Gaston is getting a tavern.

Maybe they'd consider keeping the ride if Snow White's prince even HAD a name to name it after! :lmao:

i know you're joking. :) but i have always found that argument to be pretty pathetic. i mean. hello? adventureland? frontierland? tomorrowland? those lands' attractions are either geared towards boys or are gender-neutral.

i will admit that the expansion was pretty much geared toward girls. and i can see shaking it up a bit. i don't think a separate princess M&G for each princess was necessary. the princess line is not very long anymore. the fairy line is always long. i can more see keeping their area versus the individual princess areas (which excluded Snow White).

but can we just have some loyalty for the original Disney princess? please? ;)

aahh, thanks so much! last time we went (fall 08) my littlest princess was just 3yrs old and had a fever that day so did not even get to see her then beloved Princesses (no way we wanted her making them sick or anyone elses kiddos coming behind us) so we wait in line just like the prinesses or I get on the stick and decide to book Akerhous breakfast. oh boy. My DH and sons will love that! :rotfl: At least Airiel may be there.

So sounds like I better make a bee line for dumbo as well. her Daddy usually has us in line no later then the second group tyo ride so she gets her "special pink elephant", oh my! Never thought about the view but it really is my favorite part of that ride! Hope it doesn't move to far away, I was just thinking how nice double dumbos would be for wait time or is it just a bigger dumbo? Guess I need to really read the thread all the way through!

Thanks again for the heads up!

i know you're joking. :) but i have always found that argument to be pretty pathetic. i mean. hello? adventureland? frontierland? tomorrowland? those lands' attractions are either geared towards boys or are gender-neutral.

i will admit that the expansion was pretty much geared toward girls. and i can see shaking it up a bit. i don't think a separate princess M&G for each princess was necessary. the princess line is not very long anymore. the fairy line is always long. i can more see keeping their area versus the individual princess areas (which excluded Snow White).

Yep, you're preaching to the choir here. I've been making that point for the past year, and getting beat up by the princess haters here.

And yes, I do think the original expansion was geared more toward girls, but saw nothing wrong with that since so much of the rest of the park is geared toward boys.

I was poking fun at what is seeming more and more like a real effort on Disney's part to strip the park of anything girl specific!

And FWIW....... I was really excited about the new interactive meet & greets. I couldn't WAIT to see the new twist the imagineers could lend to their classics.... you know....... Disney magic at its finest. Then we saw the new interactive Tangled meet & greet. Coloring and a quick dance around the table?? Seriously? My daughter and I simultaneously decided if that's what they had in mind......... then ditching it was a good idea.......

I think that is the part that was concerning people. Like you said, many other areas are gender neutral (maybe a little boyish), but to have one of the biggest construction projects in the history of the park (and possible the most important given the Harry Potter world @ Universal) and on the surface it looks like and extra dumbo, a little mermaid clam ride, a land of fairies and 14 princess meet and greets, it did seem a little, well, girly

But they might now have gone too far the other way and I do think Snow White deserve a place of her own (not just a dwarves mine ride) given that other than Mickey, she is probably the most important character to the Disney success.

Yep, you're preaching to the choir here. I've been making that point for the past year, and getting beat up by the princess haters here.

And yes, I do think the original expansion was geared more toward girls, but saw nothing wrong with that since so much of the rest of the park is geared toward boys.

I was poking fun at what is seeming more and more like a real effort on Disney's part to strip the park of anything girl specific!

And FWIW....... I was really excited about the new interactive meet & greets. I couldn't WAIT to see the new twist the imagineers could lend to their classics.... you know....... Disney magic at its finest. Then we saw the new interactive Tangled meet & greet. Coloring and a quick dance around the table?? Seriously? My daughter and I simultaneously decided if that's what they had in mind......... then ditching it was a good idea.......

reading this makes me think that no matter what they do (whether it is for boys or girls or whatever), if it is done with classic Disney imagineering and attention to detail, it will be great and people will love it. If it is done in a quick, no special effort way, it doesn't matter who it is geared at, people will hate it

14 princess meet and greets

Seriously?

And yes....... not only did they go too far.... but it honestly appears to be part of an overall plan to rid the park of any of that nasty girl specific stuff. I wondered what the heck was up with renaming the carousel, but it seems to fit now.

Someone........ email Disney quick! Remind them they don't have to close Snow White! Maybe it can be the Snow Prince ride!

My understanding is that Pixie Hollow has bitten the dust now too.

But is anyone surprised? This all started after they got a new head of Parks. He has 3 boys. No girls.

I said it before. I'll say it again. The expansion did not NEED equal time. It WAS equal time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter