******Official DLR May 2021 Check In Thread*******

I’m nervous after seeing the Touch of Disney process yesterday. If the parks aren’t open, we’ll want to do this. Trying not to worry about what I cant control.... but still excited something is happening!

I’m nervous after seeing the Touch of Disney process yesterday. If the parks aren’t open, we’ll want to do this. Trying not to worry about what I cant control.... but still excited something is happening!
I suspect the future dates won't be as crazy to get tickets to. Yesterday was a year of pent-up local demand unleashing itself, it was so funny to me checking the computer at midnight and all the hours before 9a, seeing the DL site not working just from people trying to check and see if they were on sale yet.

I just cancelled May 28 in a studio of anyone wants to snag it! We are still going 5/29-6/1. With the possibility of AZ residents not being allowed in the park plus a big swim meet that weekend here at home, we decided to just do it and cancel Friday vs endlessly debating. We decided that if we change our minds again, we can stay somewhere else and check into VGC early Saturday morning.

So we aren’t DVC members (yet...) so we’re planning a stay at the Grand Legacy 5/6-5/9. Their discounts were amazing!

Very much hoping to get Touch of Disney tickets, but if not, we’ll be happy with DTD and exploring Anaheim. Our last trip was the weekend before the parks closed last year. And we’ve been to F&W every year since 2016, so ToD would be a nice continuation.

Welcome! Yay it’s fun to see other people joining besides us DVC members with points to use. It makes it feel real!

EwDwJAwUcAAfzTN.jpg

So.... the park reopens 4/30! VGC on 4/29!

Both pieces of news are super exciting! I’m going to give it a couple weeks before deciding what to do since we are in AZ and can’t go into the parks. Maybe by late May? But probably not. It feels so close yet so far! We are leaning towards keeping the reservation and doing a resort/beach stay, but I might try to get a great rate and rent out the stay.

We are looking to be "at" Disney May 29, as we've "use it or lose it" DVC points at The Grand Californian (which we LOVE). Hoping to snag park tix/reservations for May 29 when they become available...

My wait list for a 1 bedroom came through so we're back to May 28-31 at the VGC. :woohoo:

Now the nail biting will be to see if we can get park reservations for those dates, and also how much tickets will cost. If they don't come out with multiday ticket options that last more than 13 days from first entry (or APs), not sure what we'll do. Cancel some later trips in the year for sure. I've got a budget that is somewhat larger than our AP's cost in 2019 from the refund + a little more socked away, but that won't last for more than a couple of trips if the only way to enter the parks is to buy a 2 day ticket each time ...

I'd still be happy with a resort-only trip for May if we lose the get-a-park-reservation lottery.

Last edited:
Love it, we did the 2/2011 Westbound repo that same year! Good times, good times...
Itinerary-wise, the repositioning cruises have been my favorite! I love starting in a new city and getting to explore before my cruise then ending it close to home so I can just work on getting my land legs back before ending my trip. I have the EB Transatlantic on my bucket list, and I'm thinking we'll book the EB Panama Canal cruise when my DS14 graduates since that will be the first year we'll be able to afford that much time during the school year to travel.

If the Wonder doesn’t spend long in CA after Alaska 2022... the EB repositioning could fall over a two week period in mid October with only 4 school days! I suspect it won’t work out.... but I’m hopeful until I know for sure!

And now this thread has gone from DLR to ships through the Panama Canal. Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon...
Well, we have to have something to talk :boat: about while wait for news about tickets and park reservations! :laughing:

Why is there no nail-biting emoji?

Soooo who is getting tickets?

We can’t, so this is our plan
Sat May 29, drive from Phoenix after kids swim meet, arrive late at VGC
Sun May 30, Bowers Museum Disney Archives exhibit at opening, pool afternoon, if chairs are an issue, we’ll go to DTD first. Dinner at Tortilla Jos (reserved), shop or pool after dinner, depending on what we did in the afternoon
Mon May 31, Huntington Beach. Surf lessons for the kids, beach till we are tired of it, then back to resort. Hopefully it’s not raining! Dinner at Craftsman Grill for that amazing poke bowl!
Tuesday June 1 drive home in time for my daughters dance classes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts