OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called the other day for two cakes...spoke to Cindy at Yacht & Beach for my in-laws 50th annivesary cake (all set!). Then on to the next cake, called Grand Floridian and left a message...how long should I wait for a call back before I call back :confused3

I know they are extremely busy was just wondering how long it took for any of you to receive a call back.

Thanks.:goodvibes

Yes! Call Private Dining at the Yacht & Beach Club: 407-934-3105

There's no way a non-Dolphin staffer would be let into your room to deliver a cake. Why not make a dining reservation at one of the Yacht & Beach Club restaurants and have it delivered there?

We'll be eating at Sci Fi on our first evening. Do you think i could get the SW cake from the Yatch Club Bakery delivered to the Sci Fi? Thanks again!!!:)

You could call Yacht & Beach Club bakery to ask, but since they stopped delivering cakes to Downtown Disney last year, I wonder if DHS would be out of the question too. Lately they only seem willing to deliver to Epcot. Worth a shot, though!

Usually SciFi's cakes are made by Hollywood Studios' bakery, which doesn't do elaborate fondant designs.

You could call Yacht & Beach Club bakery to ask, but since they stopped delivering cakes to Downtown Disney last year, I wonder if DHS would be out of the question too. Lately they only seem willing to deliver to Epcot. Worth a shot, though!

Usually SciFi's cakes are made by Hollywood Studios' bakery, which doesn't do elaborate fondant designs.

Thank you! I just called the Yatch Club bakery and they said they might be able to arrange something but the Jedi mickey fig alone is $150! + the price of the cake + decorations etc. Thats CRAZY! I dont know if the price goes up because of the SWW?????!!!!!

So i asked if they could do a SW themed cake WITHOUT the fig. She will call me back to see if HS can make that cake for me! Will let you know! thanks again!

quick question: I want to order THE Haunted Mansion cake for our anniversary, but our trip isn't until the end of August? Is it too soon to put an order in?

Hi, sorry if this has been on any of the cake threads, but I want to order a cake for my parents 30th anniversary. We are staying at the BWV and my siblings want to surprise them with it on our pool day. What number should I call to get more information?? There just seems to be many different numbers floating around. Thanks!

The 2nd post on this thread will have the info you need. I hope their anniversary trip is perfect. Congrats to them.

Hi, sorry if this has been on any of the cake threads, but I want to order a cake for my parents 30th anniversary. We are staying at the BWV and my siblings want to surprise them with it on our pool day. What number should I call to get more information?? There just seems to be many different numbers floating around. Thanks!

Sounds like my post is well-timed! First, here's the cake we ordered for our 30th Anniversary.

030.jpg

We ordered it from Private Dining at the Contemporary. 10" Cake, all vanilla, for $125 (they delivered it to Artist Point for our dinner).

DisRunnerGal, I understand your confusion. I, too, didn't know who to call because there seemed to be so many possibilities. But in true WDW fashion, if who you call first isn't correct, they'll send you there. I'd suggest starting with the Boardwalk Bakery if you're planning to pick it up there. If that's not the place, they'll tell you who is!
I shouldn't have ordered such a big cake, and I wish it had had more Mickey heads, but otherwise, perfect.

Not sure what to do... I emailed Brian at the Contemporary on Monday about having a cake made for my anniversary w/an attachment of a picture I had drawn up for a cake idea. The email was sent back to me saying it was undeliverable because of the attachment, so I rewrote the email w/o the picture and sent it. When I checked my "sent item's" folder it says both emails were sent! I have not had a response from Brian either, now I don't know if he got any of the emails. Should I resend the email and apologize for resending and explain the problem or should I just wait a while longer?

Not sure what to do... I emailed Brian at the Contemporary on Monday about having a cake made for my anniversary w/an attachment of a picture I had drawn up for a cake idea. The email was sent back to me saying it was undeliverable because of the attachment, so I rewrote the email w/o the picture and sent it. When I checked my "sent item's" folder it says both emails were sent! I have not had a response from Brian either, now I don't know if he got any of the emails. Should I resend the email and apologize for resending and explain the problem or should I just wait a while longer?

Yikes! When I Emailed Chef Brian a couple weeks ago, he got back to me within 24 hours. At this point, I'd suggest trying again.

Yikes! When I Emailed Chef Brian a couple weeks ago, he got back to me within 24 hours. At this point, I'd suggest trying again.

Agreed!!! He was very prompt with his replies when I worked with him and he usually emailed early in the morning...i.e. like around 6am. I know when I emailed him my sketches I had to send them as jpeg files. Is it possible for you to try emailing from another email address or different computer?

Agreed!!! He was very prompt with his replies when I worked with him and he usually emailed early in the morning...i.e. like around 6am. I know when I emailed him my sketches I had to send them as jpeg files. Is it possible for you to try emailing from another email address or different computer?

Thanks I'll try again. When I called private dining to get his email, the woman told me they had just changed the email address to be more "user friendly". I wonder if she just didn't give me the wrong one! :confused3

Thanks I'll try again. When I called private dining to get his email, the woman told me they had just changed the email address to be more "user friendly". I wonder if she just didn't give me the wrong one! :confused3

Sounds like she gave you the wrong one. They gave me a long one and appologized for the fact that it was so long. They said they were going to have a new Email address "soon" that was more user-friendly, but it wasn't ready yet. And this was only a few weeks ago.

I'm in the same boat - I emailed Brian on Thursday and haven't heard back. Maybe he is out for a few days? :confused3. I'll probably try again on Monday if I don't hear anything.

Was considering ordering the "your highness pkg" at CRT but would rather order mini cake for daughter turning 8. Any pics of just mini cakes anywhere? She loves princesses but don't know what they can do on a mini. Can it be delivered to CRT or can you only buy the package? TIA for any help.

quick question: I want to order THE Haunted Mansion cake for our anniversary, but our trip isn't until the end of August? Is it too soon to put an order in?

anyone? Just wondering when everyone typically puts their cake order in...

anyone? Just wondering when everyone typically puts their cake order in...

I think most people put in their cake orders within about 2 weeks of the date in which they need the cake. The fear is that the cake order will get lost in the shuffle if it's done too far out. On the flip side, if it's a very involved cake with all kinds of highly labor intensive hand made elements- then they may need more time.

We needed our last cake on Aug 16th and I believe I started working with Chef Brian around Aug 2nd. The cake involved a bunch of sugar flowers, edible images w/golden frames, a white chocolate topper, etc.

If you're worried about them having enought time for your concept, you can always try reaching out to the chef to see if there are any special elements involved in your request that would require more than 2 weeks notice.

I think most people put in their cake orders within about 2 weeks of the date in which they need the cake. The fear is that the cake order will get lost in the shuffle if it's done too far out. On the flip side, if it's a very involved cake with all kinds of highly labor intensive hand made elements- then they may need more time.

We needed our last cake on Aug 16th and I believe I started working with Chef Brian around Aug 2nd. The cake involved a bunch of sugar flowers, edible images w/golden frames, a white chocolate topper, etc.

If you're worried about them having enought time for your concept, you can always try reaching out to the chef to see if there are any special elements involved in your request that would require more than 2 weeks notice.

Thank you for your reply :goodvibes I will probably contact them the first week of August then!

Was considering ordering the "your highness pkg" at CRT but would rather order mini cake for daughter turning 8. Any pics of just mini cakes anywhere? She loves princesses but don't know what they can do on a mini. Can it be delivered to CRT or can you only buy the package? TIA for any help.

To order a minicake for CRT you would need to call Private Dining at the Contemporary (see Post #2). There are really no standard designs, other than the one with tiny piped Mickey heads that you see a lot. You'd just need to find out from the pastry chef what is possible.

I'll post some mini cake ideas they had on display at last year's Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings' Bridal Showcase below. There's also a selection of minicakes pictured linked to in THIS LIST of cake photos from the last Cake Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter