Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got off the phone with someone from private dining at the Beach Club. My DH and I are celebrating our 15th anniversary so I ordered us a mini wedding cake, the really small one that feeds 2 people. I told her I really loved the wedding cakes with the fondant and the stamped Mickey heads on them. She said she could make our mini cake just like that. I've never seen a pic of them done that way. I'm so excited to see it. It's going to be covered in white fondant with gold stamped Mickey heads and chocolate cake inside. :cool1:

Going to order a cake for my Daughter's 13th birthday. I've settled on a Haunted mansion themed cake. She loves that ride.

We are eating at O'hanas, nothing at the Contemporary...

Can I get the cake delivered from the Contemporary? And where do I need to call to order?

TIA!!!

I ordered the haunted mansion cake from Brian to be delivered to the Cal. Grille last May. I emailed him the picture. The cake was awesome. He did such a great job. Many of the employees came by to look at it. They, too, were very impressed with the cake. My husband was floored when they brought it to our table. It was a great experience.

Hi everyone! I appreciate all of time people put in here to help others make their events special! We are celebrating with my parents and I want to surprise them with a cake on our last night together at 1900 park fair. I guess I'm not sure if I should call the cake hotline or the private dining number for Grand Floridian (or how to get that number). I don't know if the cake I'm thinking of is a "fancy" cake or not. I just want a cake that tastes good, has some yummy filling, is decorated with white frosting/yellow roses and has some writing on it. Any advice for me is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!! Diane

Hi everyone! I appreciate all of time people put in here to help others make their events special! We are celebrating with my parents and I want to surprise them with a cake on our last night together at 1900 park fair. I guess I'm not sure if I should call the cake hotline or the private dining number for Grand Floridian (or how to get that number). I don't know if the cake I'm thinking of is a "fancy" cake or not. I just want a cake that tastes good, has some yummy filling, is decorated with white frosting/yellow roses and has some writing on it. Any advice for me is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!! Diane

Call the Cake Hotline, listen to the prompts to get you to the Grand Floridian...it will direct you to the right location...you can ask for Pat..she's amazing and will help you so much! Tell her what you are wanting and she will make great suggestions! She's helped me with at least 3 cakes and has never let me down!

Here's our cake:
8" Red Velvet w/cream cheese frosting
Ordered from the contemporary, delivered to WCC on Christmas eve
Sorry the photo is not great...it's from my phone. I'll post more once I upload photos from my camera. The cake looked and tasted great! Cost was $100 plus tax.
cake.jpg

We are heading back to the World in August and the whole family will be there for my daughter's 5th birthday and my parents 32 Anniversary. I am going to order a cake and would like to have it delivered to CRT. Can I have the Contemporary Bakery do it? The cakes out of there look amazing!! We are all staying at BLT so I guess I could have it sent to our room but I really want the experience at the Castle for my daughter. Any suggestions?

Thank you!!:thumbsup2

Call the Cake Hotline, listen to the prompts to get you to the Grand Floridian...it will direct you to the right location...you can ask for Pat..she's amazing and will help you so much! Tell her what you are wanting and she will make great suggestions! She's helped me with at least 3 cakes and has never let me down!

Do you have the # to the Cake hotline I cant find it anywhere

thanks

We are heading back to the World in August and the whole family will be there for my daughter's 5th birthday and my parents 32 Anniversary. I am going to order a cake and would like to have it delivered to CRT. Can I have the Contemporary Bakery do it? The cakes out of there look amazing!! We are all staying at BLT so I guess I could have it sent to our room but I really want the experience at the Castle for my daughter. Any suggestions?

Thank you!!:thumbsup2
Yes. Call the hotline and ask for the email address.

Am looking at ordering 2 Cinderella Slipper desserts for My DGS ( Twins) who will celebrate their 16th Birthday at CRT !!!I just spotted the Cake Hotline # here and am looking for anymore info on this that you can offer !!!

Does Publix always have cakes ready for purchase? Any suggestions on flavours if they do? Also what Publix is closest to Old Key West? We are going next week and I'd like a cake. Should I pre order or is it unnecessary?

Pics of my daughter's 14th birthday cake. I worked with Brian at CR and had it delivered to the TOTWL at BLT. It was a mad hatters cake/red velvet w/cream cheese icing. It looked great and tasted delicious- I was very pleased with the cake and working with Brian.

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

Here's our cake:
8" Red Velvet w/cream cheese frosting
Ordered from the contemporary, delivered to WCC on Christmas eve
Sorry the photo is not great...it's from my phone. I'll post more once I upload photos from my camera. The cake looked and tasted great! Cost was $100 plus tax.
cake.jpg

Say, that cake looks vaguely familiar! :cutie: I love it—great snowman!

Does Publix always have cakes ready for purchase? Any suggestions on flavours if they do? Also what Publix is closest to Old Key West? We are going next week and I'd like a cake. Should I pre order or is it unnecessary?

I've only been once, but yes—like any other supermarket, they had whole cakes and cake slices for sale in the bakery. The flavors I remember were chocolate, vanilla, marble and red velvet. You don't really need to preorder unless you want something customized.

Here are Mousesavers.com's directions to Publix:

To get to Publix from Downtown Disney, take Hotel Plaza Blvd to Apopka/Vineland Road (SR 535) and turn right (south). Go about 1/2 mile to Vineland and turn left. Drive about 3 miles up Vineland Avenue and the store is on the left.

Pics of my daughter's 14th birthday cake. I worked with Brian at CR and had it delivered to the TOTWL at BLT. It was a mad hatters cake/red velvet w/cream cheese icing. It looked great and tasted delicious- I was very pleased with the cake and working with Brian.

IMG_0146.jpg

What a great looking cake! It *just* dawned on me while looking at your pix that the reason they call that style of cake a "Mad Hatter" is it's shaped like the Mad Hatter's hat - DUH!!! I'm not sure what I thought it meant all these years... :rotfl2:

:cool1: I just got off the phone with Chef Yolanda from the BW Bakery. I ordered our cake which I am going to pick up on 1/18. The smallest they would customize is 10 inches. While it's just DH and myself we are expecting some company as well (now I really hope they come up!).

It is going to be a 10 inch round vanilla cake with dark chocolate mousse filling, white buttercream, fondant, gold Mickey stamps, a white chocolate banner saying "Welcome to Disney", and a white chocolate Mickey topper.

She said the fondant was $30 and the topper $25. She quoted me about $100 + tax. She was very helpful and patient on the phone making suggestions. She was also just very nice!

I will post pics after our trip. Thank you to lurkyloo for answering my question about the email problem!

-Lisa

I'm so glad you got this worked out—I can't wait to see your cake!

Does anyone know if you can get the white chocolate statues in Snow White and Ariel? If so where? Also, chef Brian's email address???
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter