Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

For anybody who has successfully ordered a cake recently: What number are you using and what options did you choose to get to a person? I’m staying at Pop which would use Boardwalk Bakery, but I get nowhere with their number and then when I try the main cake hotline, there are no options for resorts, only parks. I just keep hitting dead ends! I’m willing to pickup wherever I need to! Any suggestions?
I called the number for the bakery at the Contemporary and left a voicemail last week. They called me back the next day. If you're open to picking up a cake, an order from the Contemporary would be picked up at The Wave.

I had the best luck calling the resort I was staying at (using the number on post #2)
I told them I wanted to get a custom cake and asking who I should speak with
I did not ask to be connected to the bakery (I think those ending up connected there are getting the we aren’t doing custom cakes right now answer)
If you get connected from Pop to Boardwalk, if you get the bakery, and they don’t offer the grand Floridian for a custom, I would (politely of course) finish that call and then call the number for Boardwalk directly (again post 2). Don’t ask for the bakery, explain you want a custom cake, one that private dining would eventually help coordinate. Hopefully that will get you to the GF. You might have to go to the GF to pick it up, but hopefully that will get you started.

good luck! Let us know how it goes!

I had the best luck calling the resort I was staying at (using the number on post #2)
I told them I wanted to get a custom cake and asking who I should speak with
I did not ask to be connected to the bakery (I think those ending up connected there are getting the we aren’t doing custom cakes right now answer)
If you get connected from Pop to Boardwalk, if you get the bakery, and they don’t offer the grand Floridian for a custom, I would (politely of course) finish that call and then call the number for Boardwalk directly (again post 2). Don’t ask for the bakery, explain you want a custom cake, one that private dining would eventually help coordinate. Hopefully that will get you to the GF. You might have to go to the GF to pick it up, but hopefully that will get you started.

good luck! Let us know how it goes!
Success!! I called the Pop number from Post 2, talked to a super nice lady who couldn’t get her hands on the direct number (she was looking so hard and very apologetic) but gave me an email address to use. I sent the email about 10am, and got a call back from a super nice lady at the Grand Flo about 1pm. Their options were limited so I couldn’t do the 2 tier mini cake I was aiming for, but we’re doing a 6 inch with a second tier quoted at $115. My original email request was for a Baby Yoda theme but at the time of my call, she said they had submitted a request to higher ups about permissions to do Baby Yoda because I had not been the first person today to request it, and so I had said in my email if that wasn’t available we would like classic Mickey. She said she would notate that and if they got permission do Baby Yoda, do it and if not, Mickey was good. She emailed me my receipt just now and said in the email they did hear back and can do Baby Yoda so I was super excited! It’s a happy retirement cake for my roommate’s dad (basically my extra dad), and he’s obsessed with Baby Yoda so he’ll be so surprised! (This will be his first weeklong Disney trip and first Disney trip with no kids so it’s going to be so great for him to kick off retirement!) We pick up after 4pm at the Grand Flo on our arrival day. I’m so excited!

While I know this thread is for ordering cakes directly from Disney, I just thought I'd mention the FB group Ear for Each Other that highlights laid off/furloughed CMs who are offering all types of services to generate income. Many are former Disney pastry chefs that can do cakes, so I thought I'd bring it up in case your Disney resort isn't able to make a cake for you right now. You would have to verify delivery options. But it does sound like the resort kitchens are opening back up. we're planning to order charcuterie from Journey Across the Board instead of a celebration cake.

I started by calling Caribbean Beach (where we will be staying. There was a wonderful CM who provided an email address for ordering. From there, I was told Grand Floridian is handling all custom cakes. It took a while to get in contact but everyone was so helpful.

Success!! I called the Pop number from Post 2, talked to a super nice lady who couldn’t get her hands on the direct number (she was looking so hard and very apologetic) but gave me an email address to use. I sent the email about 10am, and got a call back from a super nice lady at the Grand Flo about 1pm. Their options were limited so I couldn’t do the 2 tier mini cake I was aiming for, but we’re doing a 6 inch with a second tier quoted at $115. My original email request was for a Baby Yoda theme but at the time of my call, she said they had submitted a request to higher ups about permissions to do Baby Yoda because I had not been the first person today to request it, and so I had said in my email if that wasn’t available we would like classic Mickey. She said she would notate that and if they got permission do Baby Yoda, do it and if not, Mickey was good. She emailed me my receipt just now and said in the email they did hear back and can do Baby Yoda so I was super excited! It’s a happy retirement cake for my roommate’s dad (basically my extra dad), and he’s obsessed with Baby Yoda so he’ll be so surprised! (This will be his first weeklong Disney trip and first Disney trip with no kids so it’s going to be so great for him to kick off retirement!) We pick up after 4pm at the Grand Flo on our arrival day. I’m so excited!
Awesome to hear! We are celebrating my husbands retirement! At Disney in 3 days. I was told at first GF wasn’t able to deliver, but was called back and they can deliver to our resort. Congrats!

Awesome to hear! We are celebrating my husbands retirement! At Disney in 3 days. I was told at first GF wasn’t able to deliver, but was called back and they can deliver to our resort. Congrats!

Hmmm...wonder if they can help me. Caribbean Beach is normally serviced by the BW Bakery. We're staying at Boardwalk Villas. Wonder if GF will also deliver there. Hmmmm...

Hmmm...wonder if they can help me. Caribbean Beach is normally serviced by the BW Bakery. We're staying at Boardwalk Villas. Wonder if GF will also deliver there. Hmmmm...
I started with BW bakery - Heather was the CM. She was the one who told me all custom cakes are being made by GF. They cannot deliver to the room, but will deliver to CBR front desk. I was calling GF multiple times a day and never reached anyone. Heather emailed me to make sure I was able to order, and when I explained I wasn’t able to get through on phone she had them call me. Super impressed with the follow up. I received a call from Glorimar who works in private dining at GF and ended up ordering 2 cakes. One for my husbands retirement and one for my birthday.
Try calling the main resort number and ask for private dining. I’m new to the forum so I am not sure if it’s appropriate to post the CM’s email address.

I started with BW bakery - Heather was the CM. She was the one who told me all custom cakes are being made by GF. They cannot deliver to the room, but will deliver to CBR front desk. I was calling GF multiple times a day and never reached anyone. Heather emailed me to make sure I was able to order, and when I explained I wasn’t able to get through on phone she had them call me. Super impressed with the follow up. I received a call from Glorimar who works in private dining at GF and ended up ordering 2 cakes. One for my husbands retirement and one for my birthday.
Try calling the main resort number and ask for private dining. I’m new to the forum so I am not sure if it’s appropriate to post the CM’s email address.

Thanks! I called BW last week. They told me no cakes from them, but it was a guy I spoke with and he didn't pass on the info about the GF. I've called a few numbers so far at the GF. One of the numbers gave me a line and extension for ordering cakes that is part of in-room dining, but each time I try, it rings and then gives me a "your call can't be completed" message. I'm tempted to select option 1 for actual in-room dining to see if they will get me in touch with someone, but we'll see if I have to resort to that. It sounds like you received some excellent service. :)

Thanks! I called BW last week. They told me no cakes from them, but it was a guy I spoke with and he didn't pass on the info about the GF. I've called a few numbers so far at the GF. One of the numbers gave me a line and extension for ordering cakes that is part of in-room dining, but each time I try, it rings and then gives me a "your call can't be completed" message. I'm tempted to select option 1 for actual in-room dining to see if they will get me in touch with someone, but we'll see if I have to resort to that. It sounds like you received some excellent service. :)
I received that message for 2 days and had given up when Heather followed up. I would try pressing the in room dining option or calling the GF front desk directly. The worst that can happen is you call the wrong number. I figure with decreased guests at the hotels, Disney would want to make sure the guests that are staying on property are completely satisfied. You’re gracing them with spending your vacation dollars there- don’t give up or settle. IMO - any little thing you can do to make your visit special is worth it during COVID.

Cake orders have been placed :) Now just waiting for a call back so someone can take my payment info. I wound up calling the GF's in-room dining line again and selecting option 1. The guy who answered transferred me to the bakery. I talked to two different people in the bakery, but one of them took down all of my cake order info and is going to have my cakes delivered to the Boardwalk lobby. We have two milestone birthdays we're celebrating and one bday that's about a week before the trip. So, I just decided to get three mini wedding cakes. I had all kinds of sketches, but I'm just not in the mood for making this difficult, so I'm going to leave the artistic license up to the pastry chefs.

Cake 1- Stich- blue buttercream/chocolate cake-mousse
Cake 2- Elastagirl- red buttercream/vanilla cake-mousse
Cake 3- Captain Hook- black buttercream/chocolate cake-mousse

Simple stuff, but I think it's the best way to cover everyone, since these characters don't live in the same story universes :)

We are staying at the contemporary and I wanted to see if I could get the glass slipper dessert delivered to our room. Does anyone know if CRs private dining is doing these again?

We are staying at the contemporary and I wanted to see if I could get the glass slipper dessert delivered to our room. Does anyone know if CRs private dining is doing these again?
I don't know about the glass slipper dessert, but I know that they will not deliver cakes to your room at the moment. I was asked to pick ours up at The Wave.

While I'm sure this isn't really news, I tried calling the line at Boardwalk to see if they'd started doing cakes yet and the answer is still no. :( We're staying at BWV and a cake back at the room was really my favorite option. I'm not liking the cost to satisfaction ratios with some of the outside bakery reviews, I canceled my one ADR at the GF and our ADRs at YC and Contemporary are kind of iffy...so I think I'm just going to get domes at Amorette's and be done with my cake quest. Heck, I'll have my car...I might even go to Publix.

You can pick up a dome cake at the Beach Club, they sell them every day in the marketplace grab n go area. Dark chocolate or White Chocolate. If you want writing on the ears, you need to give them a few hours notice as the bakery cast who do that have different hours that pre-covid.

Has anyone been able to add on a mickey ear cake to your ADR by calling the Disney dining number? I called just now but was told that currently the Mickey ears cakes are unavailable and I could only get a standard 6” birthday cake at podium check in and that I couldn’t add on a cake in advance. So I’m just checking in here to see if that’s correct or if I should bother calling back for a different person.

Has anyone been able to add on a mickey ear cake to your ADR by calling the Disney dining number? I called just now but was told that currently the Mickey ears cakes are unavailable and I could only get a standard 6” birthday cake at podium check in and that I couldn’t add on a cake in advance. So I’m just checking in here to see if that’s correct or if I should bother calling back for a different person.

We got one at BW bakery last month. No call ahead, just walked in and picked it up. You can also mobile order them at several of the quick services so it seems like you got some bad info.

Since GF is doing all custom cakes, does that mean they will deliver to all restaurants and resorts?

We are staying at AKLKV in mid March and my son LOVES Baby Yoda and I was contemplating getting him a cake. I had to come here to see what the new protocols are and where they can still be delivered.

Since GF is doing all custom cakes, does that mean they will deliver to all restaurants and resorts?

We are staying at AKLKV in mid March and my son LOVES Baby Yoda and I was contemplating getting him a cake. I had to come here to see what the new protocols are and where they can still be delivered.
Not sure about all resorts, but the cake I've ordered for 2/6 I'm having to pick up at GF. They wouldn't deliver to me at Pop.

Not sure about all resorts, but the cake I've ordered for 2/6 I'm having to pick up at GF. They wouldn't deliver to me at Pop.

Does anyone know which restaurants they deliver to? We are having dinner one night at Hollywood and Vine and that would be a great place to have it delivered if they will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter