Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Does anyone know which restaurants they deliver to? We are having dinner one night at Hollywood and Vine and that would be a great place to have it delivered if they will.

The Grand Floridian bakery only delivers to restaurants at the Grand and the Polynesian. But it's great that they're finally allowing pickup of cakes—that's something people have been wanting for years! Hopefully it remains when things become more normal...

I wanted to report back that my husband's cake from the Contemporary came out great! I picked it up at The Wave after ordering by phone. I just had to go to the podium to pick it up and bring it back to Bay Lake Tower since they are not delivering cakes to rooms at the moment. The chocolate cake was super moist and a great contrast to the peanut butter filling. Love that they were able to add the white chocolate monorail too!

Attachments

• IMG-4508.JPEG
    IMG-4508.JPEG
    85.3 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG-4944.JPG
    IMG-4944.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 238
Success!! I called the Pop number from Post 2, talked to a super nice lady who couldn’t get her hands on the direct number (she was looking so hard and very apologetic) but gave me an email address to use. I sent the email about 10am, and got a call back from a super nice lady at the Grand Flo about 1pm. Their options were limited so I couldn’t do the 2 tier mini cake I was aiming for, but we’re doing a 6 inch with a second tier quoted at $115. My original email request was for a Baby Yoda theme but at the time of my call, she said they had submitted a request to higher ups about permissions to do Baby Yoda because I had not been the first person today to request it, and so I had said in my email if that wasn’t available we would like classic Mickey. She said she would notate that and if they got permission do Baby Yoda, do it and if not, Mickey was good. She emailed me my receipt just now and said in the email they did hear back and can do Baby Yoda so I was super excited! It’s a happy retirement cake for my roommate’s dad (basically my extra dad), and he’s obsessed with Baby Yoda so he’ll be so surprised! (This will be his first weeklong Disney trip and first Disney trip with no kids so it’s going to be so great for him to kick off retirement!) We pick up after 4pm at the Grand Flo on our arrival day. I’m so excited!
Here he is! It is so stinking cute!!!!36C03854-B960-486D-9596-C16A056B7440.jpeg

Has anyone ever tried the smores flavored cake? Also I double checked post #1 but I figured I'd ask again here can you order strawberry flavored cake?

Has anyone ever tried the smores flavored cake? Also I double checked post #1 but I figured I'd ask again here can you order strawberry flavored cake?

I've tried the s'mores and found it kind of meh. The whole point of s'mores is the creaminess of the chocolate and the meltyness of the marshmallow against a crisp graham cracker. I don't think graham-flavored cake really captures that. Disney doesn't offer strawberry as a standard cake flavor, but they have plenty of strawberry filling flavors. And, who knows, maybe they'd take a special request for a new cake flavor these days!

I thought you guys might get a kick out of our Haunted Mansion-themed 13th anniversary cake. Since we couldn't be at Disney to celebrate, I found a wedding cake baker who was excited to take on a slightly different project, as well as a florist who gamely created a coordinating haunted floral arrangement. I created one of my patented crazy-detailed cake mockups and sent one of our MNSSHP photos of us dressed up as Haunted Mansion Constance and Tokyo Tower of Terror's Harrison Hightower. She even took a crack at re-creating Disney's Churro Crunch Mousse for me!

IMG_9271.jpg

IMG_9266.jpg

IMG_9265.jpg

IMG_9263.jpg

IMG_9260.jpg

IMG_9246.jpg

Hayward_13th_Anniversary_Cake.png

Cake_Portrait.jpg

We just got back from WDW and I wanted to share the three mini cakes we ordered. I really wanted to keep things simple and see what they decided to do. We were celebrating a 50th bday, a 70th bday, and a 72nd bday. I really thought they were just going to pipe 50 and 70 on the cake boards for those two cakes, but instead, they made decorative white chocolate numbers. I guess the one without the number (I didn't want to put 72) looked too plain, so they threw in a coin filled chocolate treasure chest. The Captain Hook cake was supposed to be black, but I am glad they opted for different colors to make it pop. I also really like the water/wave style marbling they did with the frosting on the Stitch cake. Nothing fancy with the flavors...two chocolate and one vanilla. I think each was about $43. The cakes were good, but it's been warm in Orlando, so you can see the buttercream is already sweating.

They were made by the GF Bakery and delivered to Boardwalk (lobby/front desk).

50935958798_0e8ba50254_z.jpg

50936758502_0e821bbac0_z.jpg

50935959133_f851930d07_z.jpg

50936645906_1a1da1a53b_z.jpg

50933708173_0db566e04d_z.jpg

50933708103_a80a36c039_z.jpg

50933707963_81ca2f2915_z.jpg

50933708128_c3b24b4e14_z.jpg

50936970277_3bc93daac7_z.jpg

50936173423_f58419529e_z.jpg

@TiggerTrigger the cakes look fun and it sounds like you were happy with them which is the most important part!

When we’re there in 2 weeks, I’ll have a similar sequence as you...cake baked at the GF delivered to the BW front desk.
I noticed in your pictures that there were plates and forks. Can I ask if those were delivered as well or did you make other arrangements for them? I know when Private dining at the resorts were delivering to a room (pre-Covid) that they brought them. How did that work for you?

@TiggerTrigger the cakes look fun and it sounds like you were happy with them which is the most important part!

When we’re there in 2 weeks, I’ll have a similar sequence as you...cake baked at the GF delivered to the BW front desk.
I noticed in your pictures that there were plates and forks. Can I ask if those were delivered as well or did you make other arrangements for them? I know when Private dining at the resorts were delivering to a room (pre-Covid) that they brought them. How did that work for you?

We were staying in a villa, so we had a full kitchen with lots of silverware and plates.

Planning 30th anniversary dinner late April at Narcoossee’s 🥂 !! Is it possible to contact GF for a mini tier cake to be delivered to the table? Can you request them to be more decorated and just not stamped Mickey heads, would love edible sugar pearls and such since pearls are the traditional 30 year anniversary gift.
:lovestruc

Last edited:
Makes total sense...we’re in a DVC studio this trip so I’ll have to keep working on a plan. The studios have paper plates, but I really want real plates and forks for this cake

Sorry...I meant to say 1 BR. I think my brain is still exhausted from the trip. 🤪

New here but starting to plan a Disney Wedding! Does anyone have any photos of successful buttercream-only wedding cakes? I'm not too picky about fancy decorations on my cake, I just want it to be white and tasty! Just listened to an old episode of @lurkyloo's podcast and the Guest said hers was a mess. Hoping it's possible to have something pretty!

New here but starting to plan a Disney Wedding! Does anyone have any photos of successful buttercream-only wedding cakes? I'm not too picky about fancy decorations on my cake, I just want it to be white and tasty! Just listened to an old episode of @lurkyloo's podcast and the Guest said hers was a mess. Hoping it's possible to have something pretty!

Welcome! I think that guest's cake was a mess because it was outdoors in the heat too long (which is why Disney recommends you get a fondant-covered cake). Also, there is a nice thick layer of buttercream under the fondant on all of Disney's wedding cakes, and it is super-easy to peel off the fondant—just in case that's the reason you want an all-buttercream cake.

Here are some photos of buttercream Disney wedding cakes...

rosette-buttercream-wedding-cake.jpg

rustic-wedding-cake.jpg

Buttercream_Disney_Wedding_Cake.jpg

Escape_Buttercream_Cake.jpg

Buttercream_Spaceship_Earth_Cake.jpg

Buttercream_Precious_Moments_Cake.jpg

Escape_Mickey_Swiss_Dots.jpg

Buttercream_Disney_Wedding_Cake_2.jpg

@lurkyloo Thanks for those! So pretty! Glad to know that there is a good amount of frosting under the fondant, I guess I just don't want to waste the fondant just for a few photos, you know? Not sure if would make a huge difference price-wise but just seems overall less wasteful...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter