Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They said there was some copyright issues in regards to some of our ideas so they gave us a nice R2-D2 inspired cake.

1969238_10203577097494610_1268100178_n.jpg

Has anyone used an outside cake vendor delivered to their resort? Any recommendations/cake examples are welcome! I'm looking to have cake delivered for breakfast one morning and trying to save some money by not going the Disney-baker route since there are a few birthdays on our upcoming trip!

Has anyone used an outside cake vendor delivered to their resort? Any recommendations/cake examples are welcome! I'm looking to have cake delivered for breakfast one morning and trying to save some money by not going the Disney-baker route since there are a few birthdays on our upcoming trip!

Many of the brides I've interviewed have ordered through It's Tasty Too and really liked their cakes. They definitely deliver. Some other local options that may or may not deliver are Sprinkles Custom Cakes, Party Flavors, and Anna Cakes.

Many of the brides I've interviewed have ordered through It's Tasty Too and really liked their cakes. They definitely deliver. Some other local options that may or may not deliver are Sprinkles Custom Cakes, Party Flavors, and Anna Cakes.

Thanks lurkyloo, I'll check out It's Tasty Too!

Ok. I feel like I'm going crazy....

I saw a small cake that was basically a Mickey Mouse (read semi circle base with white buttons and ears on top) but now I can't find it. I have it in my head that I saw it as a special order from Sprinkles, but I can't find anything to indicate I'm right about that.

Does this kind of cake sound familiar at all? I thought it would be a fun little smash cake for my youngest on our trip since it's a few weeks before her bday!

Ok. I feel like I'm going crazy....

I saw a small cake that was basically a Mickey Mouse (read semi circle base with white buttons and ears on top) but now I can't find it. I have it in my head that I saw it as a special order from Sprinkles, but I can't find anything to indicate I'm right about that.

Does this kind of cake sound familiar at all? I thought it would be a fun little smash cake for my youngest on our trip since it's a few weeks before her bday!
It's at Amorette's in Disney Springs the information is on the first page and here: https://www.disneysprings.com/dining/amorettes-patisserie/menus/Snack/

I ordered an 8" cake for Be Our Guest for my son's 2nd birthday and it turned out great! Forgive me for I forgot to get a picture of the inside of the cake. Here are the details:

8" marble cake with peanut butter mousse filling and chocolate icing
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme with "Happy Birthday Brayden" written on it. They also put a 2D image of the characters coming down the clubhouse slide. $141 total

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 229
I have read this cake thread so much my eyes have crossed:( We are going to AKL the first week in October, which is my sons 4th birthday. He has decided that there will be a birthday cake in the "igerator" for his birthday. Luckily, he just wants a Mickey cake. But, he has a dairy allergy. He does okay with dairy items baked in to things, like the cake. But not so much with the icing. I talked to private dining at AKL and they were very helpful and informed me that the icing has butter and cream in it. Any ideas where/how I can get a Mickey cake that is atleast dairy free in the icing? I checked Babycakes and I don't think they can do disney characters? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kristen

I have read this thread pretty much from beginning to end but maybe I'm misunderstanding. I do not have any dining reservations for my trip in Oct but I wanted to get a mini cake delivered to Pop. Please tell me if I'm wrong, I was my understanding that if I order from the Boardwalk bakery they would deliver it to Pop?

I called the boardwalk # and they told me they did not deliver to Pop.

Edit....Nevermind. I am a dummy...it says to call Pop. :scared:

I have read this cake thread so much my eyes have crossed:( We are going to AKL the first week in October, which is my sons 4th birthday. He has decided that there will be a birthday cake in the "igerator" for his birthday. Luckily, he just wants a Mickey cake. But, he has a dairy allergy. He does okay with dairy items baked in to things, like the cake. But not so much with the icing. I talked to private dining at AKL and they were very helpful and informed me that the icing has butter and cream in it. Any ideas where/how I can get a Mickey cake that is atleast dairy free in the icing? I checked Babycakes and I don't think they can do disney characters? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kristen

Try Erin McKenna's they will deliver to the restaurants.

I'm ordering a cake from an outside bakery and they told me that they cannot deliver to Pop Century unless I am there. Do you know if this is true?

I'm ordering a cake from an outside bakery and they told me that they cannot deliver to Pop Century unless I am there. Do you know if this is true?

Well Disney is not going to let a stranger into your room to drop off a cake, if that's what you mean. I suppose they could try to leave the cake with Bell Services for you.

Well Disney is not going to let a stranger into your room to drop off a cake, if that's what you mean. I suppose they could try to leave the cake with Bell Services for you.
Yes, that's totally understandable. They said they won't be able to deliver to the front desk unless I am there. I was hoping they could at least deliver and then I could arrange with the front desk to have it delivered to our room.

Yes, that's totally understandable. They said they won't be able to deliver to the front desk unless I am there. I was hoping they could at least deliver and then I could arrange with the front desk to have it delivered to our room.
It could be they've had past problems with cakes getting lost or not being properly handled by front desk staff. I know it happens with brides' guest welcome bags all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter