***Official December 2017 thread!

Anyone else get really peeved that Disney requires (well, not requires but it pretty much is mandatory) that we make our reservations months and months and months in advance, but yet they will continuously change their calendar up to our travel day? We had a couple coveted ADRs become useless after last minute time changes last year :(

Totally agree!!

Welcome everyone!!! I will update the list tomorrow!!!

I know what you mean about the changes, we were all set with the big flop Rivers of Light last year and then that changed and then multiple hurricanes we have been in WDW through! LOL! We go with the flow, because we usually have 3-6 places that DO NOT make the list when we are booking and don't mind going to those instead, but it can be a pain! However I will admit that we discovered our now all time favorite restaurant the Spice Road Table due to a mix up with stuff!!

I am in! Plan while I am in the World in April will be purchasing an AP and headed back 2nd week of December to see the World all decorated for Christmas. Going as a solo this time around and staying offsite. Probably wil spend a couple of days at Univeral as have not been since the hog warts express expansion.

Hi everyone! We booked today for Dec. 16th -23rd, staying at CBR. This was our first resort 17 years ago. We haven't been in almost 4 years and never at Christmas so we are very excited. It will be myself, DH, DD, DGD (11), DGD (13) and my mom (1st trip).

We are hoping for free dining and are already thinking about our ADR list.

How far out do the Candle light processional bookings open?

We are undecided on MVMCP, we have been to MNSSHP and loved it.

Hi all, we bought a VWL resale a few years back mainly envisioning a visit during Christmas time. Well it looks like Dec 2017 might finally be that time but I'm somewhat hesitant mainly due to what I know is likely to be some crowd level that I might not even be able to fathom.

Anyone feel like schooling me on what to expect? 2 adults, no kids, so we'll be at the parks early (if not first!) and will stay late as well. For reference, our other trips have been during Star Wars weekend (about 6 years ago) and have been during first week of October for F&W 2 of the last 4 years. I'm assuming whatever we experienced then is nowhere near like what will be going on in December. Thanks!

Expected dates would be 12/23 - 12/28 before hopping over to Universal for a few nights.

Hi all, we bought a VWL resale a few years back mainly envisioning a visit during Christmas time. Well it looks like Dec 2017 might finally be that time but I'm somewhat hesitant mainly due to what I know is likely to be some crowd level that I might not even be able to fathom.

Anyone feel like schooling me on what to expect? 2 adults, no kids, so we'll be at the parks early (if not first!) and will stay late as well. For reference, our other trips have been during Star Wars weekend (about 6 years ago) and have been during first week of October for F&W 2 of the last 4 years. I'm assuming whatever we experienced then is nowhere near like what will be going on in December. Thanks!

Expected dates would be 12/23 - 12/28 before hopping over to Universal for a few nights.
It'll be crowded but with enough planning and the right attitude it'll be fine. With no kids you'll be just fine, assuming you're ok with rope dropping and staying out late. Make your fast passes for late morning and use the early morning to ride at will before the families arrive.

We're planning a grandparent holiday Dec 21-jan1
We're booked at AKV-Kidani the whole stay will be me, DH, dd(12 then) ds (10 then) and dd (9 then)
And then we're bringing in a different set of grandparents (DH's parents and mine are divorced and remarried) every 2 nights
All the grandparents in out and done
And then our family of 5 will have 2 nights all to ourselves

Oh boy...the planning for this one is nuts!

Pandora will officially be open May 27th!! So excited :hyper:

Now if only they could figure out that pesky Rivers of Light :scratchin

I was so excited to hear about Pandora! I told my husband, who responded by saying "Oh. Good." Such enthusiasm. :sad2: I should say he will love it, but he gets no joy from the planning/dreaming stage. I'm glad I can share my excitement here!

And fingers crossed for ROL.

I was so excited to hear about Pandora! I told my husband, who responded by saying "Oh. Good." Such enthusiasm. :sad2: I should say he will love it, but he gets no joy from the planning/dreaming stage. I'm glad I can share my excitement here!

And fingers crossed for ROL.
They actually did a preview of RoL for the Social Media Moms night so I think we will be seeing it sooner than later!!

December can't come fast enough! I am going through withdrawal. Please add me to your list. We are doing a split stay. 12/16-12/18 at Bay Lake Tower and 12/18-12/22 at BWV. I am traveling with my two daughters (10 & 11) and my mom. I am hoping to extend through Christmas, but I will need a lot of pixie dust to make that happen!

Please add me to the December list! It will be me, DH, DD19 and DS17 staying at AKV Kidani from 12/17 to 12/22. This is our first Christmas trip, so we're very excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter