*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

Not sure if this has been asked yet. What are you guys planning on wearing? I mean weather wise I know the days are warm but cooler nights.

I am watching the weather. We went in January a couple years ago and one day it was 80 degrees, the rest of the week we were FREEZING! We had to buy sweatshirts and hats it was so cold! I'll keep watching the weather the closer it gets.

Not sure if this has been asked yet. What are you guys planning on wearing? I mean weather wise I know the days are warm but cooler nights.

I like to pack a mixture of everything. Last December the first 3 days there were soooo hot! but then our last few days were pretty cold. At night time I was wearing a thin jacket with another jacket on top of that one with both hoods up and gloves and I was still freezing. Even with the cold nights though those days were comfortable enough to wear a tank top and jeans while the sun was out. I'm from Ohio so I know cold but I felt like we had a couple rough nights last year.

Thanks for the replies about Ohana guys! I feel more relieved now! And I'm really excited to finally try it!

While I'm on the topic of restaurants I was checking out Homecomings menu today and see they serve fried catfish. I'm really debating a lunch or dinner there now! I've seen great reviews from this place so I'm wondering now where to fit in a possible meal there...

We have been the past several years in December and it is really a shot in the dark to guess this far out. I would plan to wear layers. Check the forecast about 10 days from the beginning of your trip to get a more accurate estimate of the highs and lows for each day. I would say plan on light jackets or hoodies for early mornings and after sunset.

As far as the weather goes, December can be all over the place. Actually, Thanksgiving can be all over the place too. One year it bit us back because we checked previous thanksgiving photos and brought only shorts, capris and short sleeves, and then it was cold. We ended up having to wash and rewash the only pair of jeans we brought (the ones we wore in the car driving) and buy jackets and gloves. Now we just bring a little bit of everything. We've had warm and cold. I was there the 2nd week of January THIS year, and I was wearing capris, short sleeve dress (for Akershus) and needed a light jacket during the mornings and evenings. That was warmer than the Christmas we were there a few years ago. You just never know. Bring some of everything. I just folded up my favorite capris and put them in my "large" packing cube. And added one favorite top to the medium packing cube. I'll be working packing more tops later. I will also plan to bring a couple a pairs of my LuLaroe leggings and Perfect T's, and possibly an Irma.

I see nobody addressed the Memory Maker share so I want to mention a few things about memory maker. I get memory maker included with my annual pass, and I have "shared" with my sister. So, my sister has been invited to plan and share and the selection for sharing photos has been made. I had to call tech support to do this because originally my sister and brother in-law were managed guests on MY MDE account, and she subsequently has finally gone to Disney without me and made her own account...so then there were two of them...my managed version and their own version. That happened too when my husband created his own MDE account. In those instances, you need to call tech support. But once we were properly connected, she was able to take her photopass pictures, and they showed up in MY memory Maker/photopass account. ONLY I can actually download her photos though. She cannot. When you are connected to someone's memory maker, ONLY the "entitlement holder" or the one in whose account the memory maker product is linked, can download the pictures. So, as my sister was at WDW for Food & Wine in early October, I was not there, but as she took pics, they showed up in my account, and I was able to edit them, and download them. She can see them in her own account, because they are her photopass pictures, but since she does not have the memory maker entitlement in her own account, she cannot download them. So if you are planning to share memory maker with other families, know that one person only, will be able to add the memory maker entitlement to their account, and only that person can download the pictures, unless that person is willing to share the password. Now, I have heard of groups setting up a dummy MDE account just to hold the memory maker, and giving the password to everyone in the group...but I"m not completely familiar with that as I haven't done it. Considering the price of professional photography though, the memory maker at $149 or $169 whatever it is now, is really a great value.

Now..... I need to go figure out what color magic bands we need to order for my daughter and husband. I accidentally over ordered red last time.

Not sure if this will help, we've gone to WDW in Dec in 2010, 2012 & 2014 and have packed differently each time.

2010- I was in football and hockey jerseys while BDLsgal was in sweatshirts and windbreakers. Even during the day.

2012- I was in my t-shirts and jorts, and when I got too hot, I switched to cut up gym tees and gym shorts.

2014- I was in jorts and tees, but didn't have to worry about overheating in them.

Best advice I can give you, is follow weather.com a full 10 days before your trip. And don't put away the summer clothes just yet.

Looking for a few more families to share in our Memory Maker! I have our family and one more so far. Between the two of us, I believe our dates are Dec 17-31. Anyone?

I'm interested but my dates are 12/1-12/5, is that too early for you guys? I'm fine waiting to download for a little bit after we get back if needed so that you guys have more time on your end after your trip.

28 Days to go. Wooooo hoooo.
December is just around the corner for everyone so i hope you all have a safe trip.

Heres a rundown of our trip for our adventure with my Fiancee and 6 yr old daughter. This may be long.

12/12
Early morning Stretch Limo pick up to get to Melbourne Airport. Something we wanted to do to surprise my daughter.
We leave melbourne airport Australia about 11am and arrive in Los Angeles at about 6am. Fly from LA to Orlando and arrive about 6pm. A fun 25 hours and still arrive on sameday. Private shuttle to Royal Pacific to check in and sleeeeeeep.

13/12
Rise and shine early. Suit up. Uber or taxi to Kissimmee courthouse to get Marriage license and get married on same day. Woooo. Head to Disney springs and hand over our vouchers for our Annual passes. Do some shopping.

14/12
My Daughters birthday. Universal studios.

15/12
Islands of Adventure day.

16/12
Universal studios. Superstar breakfast.

17/12
Islands of Adventure. Last park day.

18/12
Check out and head to Pop century resort.

19/12
Animal Kingdom.
FP Primevil whirl , Everest , Dinosaur
6:30pm Rainforest cafe

20/12
Epcot
FP Test track , spaceship earth , Figment
7:50pm Tepan Edo dinner.
Hang around for extra hours

21/12
Rest day. See the sites or relax all day.Go with flow.

22/12
Magic Kingdom.
Christmas party night. Still arrive lunch time.
FP Meet mickey , Big thunder , Seven dwarfs
Enjoy christmas party. Will not stress about meeting characters or rides. Just there to soak up the atmosphere of being in Disney World.

23/12
Hollywood studios
Arrive in afternoon
FP Toy story , TOT , Star tours
Stay for late extra hours. Star wars it up. We are all star wars crazy.

24/12
Rest day. Call home as it will be christmas day back in Australia.

25/12
Animal Kingdom Christmas day.
FP Kilimanjaro safari , Everest , Meet disney pals
Christmas lunch at Tusker house

26/12
Rest on up again.

27/12
Epcot . Arrive in afternoon.
FP Mission space , Living with the land , FEA
Extra hours till early morning

28/12
Rest day again.

29/12
Hollywood studios
FP Rock n rollercoaster, Star tours , little mermaid
Dinner Sci fi dine in
Stare at everything in Launch bay. haha

30/12
Magic Kingdom
FP Pirates , HM , Meet tinkerbell
Stay for extra hours late.

31/12
Staying away from parks. Rest day and relax

1/1
Disney springs. shop relax and lunch at T Rex.

2/1
Animal Kingdom
FP Kali river , Primevil whirl , Everest
Hoping to get drenched on Kali as we love water rides even if its winter.

3/1
Epcot
FP Nemo , Soarin and Disney pals.
Try and meet the one and only Baymax.
Stay for extra hours

4/1
Magic Kingdom
FP Tales with belle , Splash mountain Seven dwarfs
Be our guest dinner
Stay for extra hours

5/1
Rest day.

6/1
Hollywood studios
FP Great movie ride , Star tours , TOT
Fantasmic dinner package.
Stay for extra hours

7/1
Rest day. Aware that its the Marathon weekend but not worried about extra crowds. It is what it is.

8/1
Epcot
FP Test track , Spaceship earth and Nemo
Stay for extra hours

9/1
Rest day.

10/1
Magic Kingdom
Early Morning Magic.
FP HM Splash Meet Ariel

11/1
Epcot
PPO reservation at Garden Grill
FP FEA Figment Living with the land

12/1
Hollywood studios
FP Toy story Star tours and Frozen sing along
More staring in Launch bay.

13/1
Animal Kingdom
FP Dinosaur , Kilimanjaro , Everest

14/1
Rest day . Maybe head to check out Kennedy Space center.

15/1
Rest day. Relax

16/1
Animal Kingdom
FP Kilimanjaro , Everest , Primevil whirl

17/1
Epcot
FP FEA , Spaceship earth Nemo
Stay for extra hours

18/1
Magic Kingdom
FP Space mountain , Pirates HM
Stay for extra hours

19/1
Rest day

20/1
Hollywood studios
PPO Reservation for Hollywood and vine
Hopefully allowed to sign up for Jedi. If not will line up after and go with the flow. No biggie if it doesnt happen.
FP Toy story , Star tours , TOT
Stay for extra hours

21/1
Epcot
PPO reservation Akershus
FP Test track , spaceship earth ,living with the land

22/1
Magic Kingdom
No fastpasses booked. Relax day walking around

23/1
Rest day. Maybe park day.

24/1
Pick a park day or see a few of them. Begin to pack and cry like a baby.

25/1
Time to go home. Booooo.
Fly from orlando to Los angeles. Leave los Angeles at 10:50pm back to melbourne.
Arrive a few days ahead.
Home sweet home.

There are a few things we want to see. Kennedy space center , Gatorland . I know its late in the season but would love to see an NFL game as we love American football. Go Raiders , sorry had to throw that one in.
Thinking Tampa Bay on the 1st is our only option for a Nfl game.
And sad the baseball season is over as would love to have seen a game.
Any suggestions on other tourist things or places would be good.
Be it museums , shopping or whatever.

Its a long stay but being so far away we wanted to make it worth the travel distance.
We did 12 days in Disneyland last year and it was over too quick.

Anyway hope everyones December holiday is awesome and a safe one.
:)

December is just around the corner for everyone so i hope you all have a safe trip.

Heres a rundown of our trip for our adventure with my Fiancee and 6 yr old daughter. This may be long.

12/12
Early morning Stretch Limo pick up to get to Melbourne Airport. Something we wanted to do to surprise my daughter.
We leave melbourne airport Australia about 11am and arrive in Los Angeles at about 6am. Fly from LA to Orlando and arrive about 6pm. A fun 25 hours and still arrive on sameday. Private shuttle to Royal Pacific to check in and sleeeeeeep.

13/12
Rise and shine early. Suit up. Uber or taxi to Kissimmee courthouse to get Marriage license and get married on same day. Woooo. Head to Disney springs and hand over our vouchers for our Annual passes. Do some shopping.

14/12

15/12

16/12

17/12

18/12

19/12
Animal Kingdom.

20/12
Epcot

21/12

22/12
Magic Kingdom.
Enjoy christmas party. Will not stress about meeting characters or rides. Just there to soak up the atmosphere of being in Disney World.

23/12
Hollywood studios
Arrive in afternoon

24/12

25/12

26/12
Rest on up again.

27/12

28/12
Rest day again.

29/12
Hollywood studios
Dinner Sci fi dine in

30/12
Magic Kingdom

31/12

1/1

2/1
Animal Kingdom

3/1
Epcot
Stay for extra hours

4/1
Magic Kingdom
Be our guest dinner
Stay for extra hours

5/1
Rest day.

6/1
Hollywood studios
Stay for extra hours

7/1
Rest day. Aware that its the Marathon weekend but not worried about extra crowds. It is what it is.

8/1
Epcot
Stay for extra hours

9/1
Rest day.

10/1
Magic Kingdom
Early Morning Magic.
FP HM Splash Meet Ariel

11/1
Epcot

12/1
Hollywood studios

13/1
Animal Kingdom

14/1

15/1
Rest day. Relax

16/1
Animal Kingdom

17/1
Epcot
Stay for extra hours

18/1
Magic Kingdom
Stay for extra hours

19/1
Rest day

20/1
Hollywood studios
Hopefully allowed to sign up for Jedi. If not will line up after and go with the flow. No biggie if it doesnt happen.
Stay for extra hours

21/1
Epcot
PPO reservation Akershus

22/1
Magic Kingdom

23/1

24/1

25/1
Time to go home. Booooo.
Fly from orlando to Los angeles. Leave los Angeles at 10:50pm back to melbourne.
Arrive a few days ahead.
Home sweet home.

There are a few things we want to see. Kennedy space center , Gatorland . I know its late in the season but would love to see an NFL game as we love American football. Go Raiders , sorry had to throw that one in.

Its a long stay but being so far away we wanted to make it worth the travel distance.

What an amazing trip! :worship:

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! Sounds like your daughter will have a fantastic birthday too! Spending a month at Disney is on my bucket list, and you get to do it over the holidays! Soak up all those magical memories. Woo hoo! :woohoo:

12/12

13/12

14/12

15/12

16/12

17/12

18/12

19/12
Animal Kingdom.

20/12
Epcot

21/12

22/12
Magic Kingdom.

23/12
Hollywood studios
Arrive in afternoon

24/12

25/12

26/12
Rest on up again.

27/12

28/12
Rest day again.

29/12
Hollywood studios
Dinner Sci fi dine in

30/12
Magic Kingdom

31/12

1/1

2/1
Animal Kingdom

3/1
Epcot
Stay for extra hours

4/1
Magic Kingdom
Be our guest dinner
Stay for extra hours

5/1
Rest day.

6/1
Hollywood studios
Stay for extra hours

7/1

8/1
Epcot
Stay for extra hours

9/1
Rest day.

10/1
Magic Kingdom
Early Morning Magic.
FP HM Splash Meet Ariel

11/1
Epcot

12/1
Hollywood studios

13/1
Animal Kingdom

14/1

15/1
Rest day. Relax

16/1
Animal Kingdom

17/1
Epcot
Stay for extra hours

18/1
Magic Kingdom
Stay for extra hours

19/1
Rest day

20/1
Hollywood studios
Stay for extra hours

21/1
Epcot
PPO reservation Akershus

22/1
Magic Kingdom

23/1

24/1

25/1
Time to go home. Booooo.
Arrive a few days ahead.
Home sweet home.

Happy to see there is another awesome Aussie family spending a crazy amount of time at Disneyworld! :p We are over there from the 27th Nov till 30th Dec and may run in to you guys at Universal (our dates there are 12-16) and at Pop afterwards (we'll be there till the 30th until our flights back to Brisbane) :D

Happy to see there is another awesome Aussie family spending a crazy amount of time at Disneyworld! :p We are over there from the 27th Nov till 30th Dec and may run in to you guys at Universal (our dates there are 12-16) and at Pop afterwards (we'll be there till the 30th until our flights back to Brisbane) :D

Yes its a crazy amount of time and you guys seem to have the same idea as us. Being so far away you gotta get your moneys worth.
We will be easy to spot, Bb8 backpack and stormtrooper backpack.
Have a safe and enjoyable trip with your family.

I'm kind of stressing about what to wear as well. When we were there around Thanksgiving of 2013, there was a huge cold front that came in the week we were there with freezing temperatures - we packed layers, but not enough. Splash Mountain never had a line, though. :D This year seems really unseasonably warm where I am right now.

It's officially 30 days until we arrive in Florida! Magic Bands haven't shipped yet, but I did get a cool magic band personalization gift for renting through David's Vacation Rentals in my email today, so that was a nice plus!

I've been a thread slacker again!! I will go back and update the list again if we have new friends with us :-)

Sooo...I hear the guest at Jingle Bell Jingle Bam dessert party was Santa Goofy!! I am ridiculously excited about that!! The only thing that would have been better for me would have been Jack Skellington. I read on the JBJB party thread that people were disappointed by it being him, and I was baffled, because I was thrilled!
It means I won't have to stand in line for him at MVMCP, and that's a huge time saver.

Long Live Santa Goofy!!

I've been a thread slacker again!! I will go back and update the list again if we have new friends with us :-)

Sooo...I hear the guest at Jingle Bell Jingle Bam dessert party was Santa Goofy!! I am ridiculously excited about that!! The only thing that would have been better for me would have been Jack Skellington. I read on the JBJB party thread that people were disappointed by it being him, and I was baffled, because I was thrilled!
It means I won't have to stand in line for him at MVMCP, and that's a huge time saver.

Long Live Santa Goofy!!

This!

I'm playing catch-up too!- i'll try to get a question of the day going in Facebook today!

Hi I thought I would add my name to the list. We have not been since 2010 and I didn't think we were EVER going to get back. Before that we had gone in 02, 05 and 08. We had trips planned in 14 and then again this past summer of 16 but both had to be cancelled. The most recent at only 90 days out. But we decided to go and I hope we aren't crazy but we are going the week between xmas and new years which I KNOW is the worst time to go but we know that and the only thing I regret is we have always gone at off season and enjoyed being able to leisurly tour. Now we haven't been in 6 years and so much new to see and I am worried we won't be able to but I AM excited to see the xmas. We leave on Dec 24th and don't get in till really late as we are coming from CA. Then we are just touring resorts and having dinner at DTD on xmas day and then start in on the 26th. Our last day is NYE which is also my daughter's 17th birthday and we are having lunch and cake at Brown Derby. We are also doing a few days at Universal. Can't wait!!!

First page is updated again!! I love that so many new faces are joining us now that we're all in the home stretch!!

:welcome: to everyone!!

Long Live Santa Goofy!!

I read a review that it was Santa Goofy too. I'm not sure why people would be disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter