OFFICIAL December 2009!! Celebrating the Holidays.. ADR list page 41 :)

We are leaving on Christmas day and staying at the CR thru Jan. 2nd. Shhhhhhhhhh, it's a surprise. Kids don't know. Christmas present. :santa:

It is so far away but I am so excited. Worried about the crowds, but I plan on just taking it all in and enjoying the magic of it all.:woohoo:

have been during both times and both are great times. Beginning of Dec. has no crowds but you have the beauty of all of the Christmas decorations and happenings. October is much warmer for swimming/water parks, still no crowds. Can't go wrong with either one!

We are going Dec 20-29. It is our first trip at Christmas time, we are so excited to see everything with a Christmas feel to it. :woohoo::dance3::woohoo:

We are booked for our 4th December trip Dec 16-21 as of right now, I would love to add a few more days, if I get brave and rich enough. We have never stayed past the Sunday before Christmas and the crowd on that Saturday night last year scared me, it wouldn't have been so bad, except I had someone else's child in tow.

We love December and the Christmas Decorations, it helps me to not be quite so sad.

Suzanne

Has anyone been to DW the beginning of Dec.? We are planning a trip 12/5-12/12 and I am so worried about crowds. I went 3/08 and the crowds were so bad...I can't go through that again! What about crowds at Universal? I'd appreciate any and all help.

FYI...For those planning to go over x-mas, I read that if you don't get to the park when it opens, you might not get in. It's very crowded.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Has anyone been to DW the beginning of Dec.? We are planning a trip 12/5-12/12 and I am so worried about crowds. I went 3/08 and the crowds were so bad...I can't go through that again! What about crowds at Universal? I'd appreciate any and all help.

FYI...For those planning to go over x-mas, I read that if you don't get to the park when it opens, you might not get in. It's very crowded.

Thank you in advance for your help!

I'm not sure when the Pop Warner Super Bowl Week is this year, but it made for a very crowded trip in 2008 and it coinsiided with Mousefest(which is no longer). We we went the week after, Dec 13-21 and it was very pleasant and the crowds didn't seem to come in until Dec 20 for Christmas week, but I expected that. We went Dec 3-10, 2006 and I won't go during Pop Warner again, it just isn't a time for me to go.

Besides, if you go later in December there are alot of sales, if you like to shop like I do.

Suzanne

We went in Early December of 07 and it didn't seem crowded at all...It was very nice.

I went to Disney last year 12/5-12/13 and we are going the same time this year. It is Pop Warner week, but it was not nearly as bad as what I expected. I like this week because it is not crowded, prices are low, and the Christmas decorations are beautiful. :)

I also lucked out with flights. I can't believe how the prices change every day. I live 5 minutes from Lehigh Valley Airport - but they do not have a direct flight to MCO and the flights are always more expensive than Newark and Philly. This week, for whatever reason, the flight was cheaper from Lehigh Valley. Having a layover stinks, but you can't beat being able to get home in 5 minutes after coming home from vacation.

I also booked thru AAA. They were able to save me another $75 compared to the on-line price.

I am wondering if Disney is going to extend any of their specials till December. My AAA TA did say she would be able to honor any new specials that come out. Is that true?

I went to Disney last year 12/5-12/13 and we are going the same time this year. It is Pop Warner week, but it was not nearly as bad as what I expected. I like this week because it is not crowded, prices are low, and the Christmas decorations are beautiful. :)

I also lucked out with flights. I can't believe how the prices change every day. I live 5 minutes from Lehigh Valley Airport - but they do not have a direct flight to MCO and the flights are always more expensive than Newark and Philly. This week, for whatever reason, the flight was cheaper from Lehigh Valley. Having a layover stinks, but you can't beat being able to get home in 5 minutes after coming home from vacation.

I also booked thru AAA. They were able to save me another $75 compared to the on-line price.

I am wondering if Disney is going to extend any of their specials till December. My AAA TA did say she would be able to honor any new specials that come out. Is that true?

They usually do have some great offers for December, but last year they didn't for the time you are going because of Pop Warner and the heavy bookings during that time. There were some great specials for the week after, some included free dining. And yes, you can change as many times as you want up until your final payment is due, I know that because I always change my resort several times. There were 3 of us last year and we got AKL pool view 3 adults plus regular dining plan for $2600 for 8 nights/9 days, that was an AP rate, so no tickets added, but the WDW AP site wanted about $300 more than that, this was booked by my AAA agent.

Suzanne

Booked a birthday blowout for my wife Dec 2-8 at the CR first time staying on site. Second trip to WDW together. Cant wait. Dec is too far away!

I know this sounds dumb, but what is Pop Warner week?

That's great about your AAA! Mine is not so hot. :sad2: Considering, it's their headquarters, I'm not sure why I'm not blown away by them. They could not care less whether I book with them or not. Plus, they don't book dining. :confused3

I know this sounds dumb, but what is Pop Warner week?

That's great about your AAA! Mine is not so hot. :sad2: Considering, it's their headquarters, I'm not sure why I'm not blown away by them. They could not care less whether I book with them or not. Plus, they don't book dining. :confused3

Pop Warner is a little league type group of teens and they have their "Superbowl" at WDW every December. This also includes football and cheerleading competitions.

Sounds like you need a new AAA agent. Mine is great, I would be happy to share her if you want to PM me, I will share her info with you. She is more than happy to help in any way possible. She would do alot more for me if I would let her, but I prefer to do some things myself.

Suzanne

Pop Warner is a little league type group of teens and they have their "Superbowl" at WDW every December. This also includes football and cheerleading competitions.

Sounds like you need a new AAA agent. Mine is great, I would be happy to share her if you want to PM me, I will share her info with you. She is more than happy to help in any way possible. She would do alot more for me if I would let her, but I prefer to do some things myself.

Suzanne

Thanks for the info! I was considering a December stay (I'm a little WDW crazy this year).

I never booked a trip with AAA. I always start with them, but they underwhelm me. I end up with an online travel agency. I don't know if AAA agents can cross regions? :confused3

Thanks for the info! I was considering a December stay (I'm a little WDW crazy this year).

I never booked a trip with AAA. I always start with them, but they underwhelm me. I end up with an online travel agency. I don't know if AAA agents can cross regions? :confused3

I am pretty sure they can cross regions. I was originally with AAA South, because there is an office in the next state over, but when my rep left there, the next one to take over was less than helpful, so I switched to one in my state. She has helped other Dis'ers in other states, as did my original rep. If you change your mind, just let me know.

Suzanne

We will be at the Polynesian Resort Dec. 13th - 19th celebrating 5 years together :love:.

Am here! This trip has a lot of firsts for us in it.This is going to be our first Christmas trip. I think that every Disney lover should see the Christmas decorations at least once. I hope I booked at a slow time. 12/5-12/13. Then this is our first time without my mom (gamma :sad:) I am scared she has always been great, fun and makes the trip so much more enjoyable. And of course helps with the kids. BIG PLUS!!:cheer2: My husband wanted to go without gamma this time. :rolleyes:I told him its going to be a lot harder without gamma but he insists. So we'll see:rolleyes1 Oh and this is our first time as DVC members :woohoo: We own part of Bay Lake Tower!!:banana: So I will be here from time to time checking my ticker!:goodvibes:goodvibes

Oh I forgot and its going to be my birthday!! I am not telling my age!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter