• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Dancing With the Stars - Fall 2020

I had a feeling Nev wasn't going to win as soon as it was announced he was dancing to Singing In The Rain. >:(

The thing is, they knew a WEEK AGO, that he was being given this song to dance to. So, it's no "coincidence" to me that he & Derek ended up with the same style. >:(

I think the producers knew the type of dance Derek was going to do as he asked for specific props, then they purposely gave Nev his song. >:( So, of course, Nev would look less in comparison to Derek.

Last edited:
I refuse to believe that many people voted for Kaitlyn. I think the fake drama with Carrie Ann was a smokescreen for what the producers had intended all along. Artem was next in line for a mirrorball.

I could have been watching the new Hallmark Christmas movie premiere tonight instead, if I wanted phony, made up drama. At least, I would have gotten a happy ending. That says a lot, that I'd rather watch Hallmark over primetime ABC TV.

I could have been watching the new Hallmark Christmas movie premiere tonight instead, if I wanted phony, made up drama. At least, I would have gotten a happy ending. That says a lot, that I'd rather watch Hallmark over primetime ABC TV.

Hallmark movies are much more warm and cozy

I hope everyone has a wonderful thanksgiving and don't forget to take tom out of the freezer so he can thaw out and be ready for Thursday!

I refuse to believe that many people voted for Kaitlyn. I think the fake drama with Carrie Ann was a smokescreen for what the producers had intended all along. Artem was next in line for a mirrorball.

I think it was less to with Artem than that Kaitlyn is/was on an ABC show. She was the FIRST and ONLY contestant they had for WEEKS. The DWTS producers probably told ABC that they have a ringer. And not to worry, she WILL win and thus a second ABC show gets the publicity too.

@Tom_Bergeron You didn't miss hosting anything worthwhile, after all.

I think it was less to with Artem than that Kaitlyn is/was on an ABC show. She was the FIRST and ONLY contestant they had for WEEKS. The DWTS producers probably told ABC that they have a ringer. And not to worry, she WILL win and thus a second ABC show gets the publicity too.

@Tom_Bergeron You didn't miss hosting anything worthwhile, after all.
I'm fed up. I turned off the tv as soon as they announced her name.

Just finished watching, only my third episode because Tyra is just too annoying, she loves the sound of her own voice. I thought Nev would win but once again it's an ABC star that gets the mirror ball, I think she should have placed third, not sure how Nelly got there. I missed seeing all the stars do a little dance, I guess they didn't because of Covid. I wonder if Tyra ever looks in the mirror? I don't believe any ones had 3 outfit changes before, and she seems to be talking all the time and she does that weird thing with her face. This show has truly "jumped the shark".

Jenna, the gal who works on a dancing show, saying she'd lost her love of dance. Good Grief. I'm sure there are many who would love to take her place.
I kind of wonder if being married to someone who probably rants & raves that he should have won the mirror ball at times, had anything to do with it? :duck:

I had a great, master art teacher, who used to say, when that happens, look to see who is in your environment and if they are really the ones for that loss of enthusiasm of life.

I owe Val a big apology. (We are told to look and see who's in your environment. Spouses and family are the first usual suspects. Sorry Val! :duck: )

WORK environment is second. Working on a show that pretends to be a dance competition, where the pros dance their hearts out, teach and choreograph their hearts out, with contestants who dance their hearts out, and it DOESN'T REALLY MATTER IN THE END, because the producers or ABC just rig the ending so ABC is the beneficiary in the end, regardless of the dancing, yes, I can see why one would lose their heart and enthusiasm for dancing.

This has all become only one big advertisement for ABC, for their other shows and their stars.

Kaitlyn didn't even have a real job. She didn't really have a specialty in real life. She was listed on some web page as a "dance instructor." Not for any company or private dance studio she owns, etc.

NOW, she can list The Bachelorette AND DWTS winner.

Both of those advertise ABC. And it gives her a chance to make something of herself with this win. . . which again benefits ABC if she finally gets something out of this.

Evey other contestant has another real profession and claim to fame already. So, while the win is a nice credit to have, it's not the same as for Kaitlyn and thus ABC. In the end ABC just took care of itself, and at our viewing expense. Our votes and input weren't necessary at all. It's also why the judges didn't get a final vote or input. The show ONLY needed the TV boxes tuned to ABC for the ratings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter