Official Code Watch for August 2007

We were in WDW August 6-13 this past year and the crowds were not bad. We didn't wait more than 20 minutes for anything. It was HOT as anything, but hey, it is hot everywhere and there are plenty of opportunities to get out of the heat. We're booked for August 5 -11, 2007 at POR and I cannot wait.

Panotchr,
You are right...it IS hot everywhere in August!! Might as well be hot at Disney!! We've always thought that there are plenty of places to get out of the heat in Disney...plenty of a/c'd buildings to sneak into...the park with the least places to cool off is probably AK...always seems exceptionally hot there. Thanks for the info...with any luck (and maybe free dining), we'll be at POR same time as you!!

Hello Chum

I have been wondering how the crowds are for August 4-12th. We are combining a 10th anniversary and 30th birthday trip down there. My daughters are already counting the days and stashing money to spend there.

MousekaMaddi said:
had ADRs months in advance, no crowds and no dining problems, it was fabulous, but HOT HOT HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :lmao:

YAAAAAAA... what she said

Don't forget those pesky LOVEBUG's in September

Hi Everyone! :wave:

We're all booked for August 21-31 at POFQ. There are 10 of us and hoping and praying for Free Dining or any discount would be great! We're going no matter what, but will upgrade to Poly if we can get free vittles! :teeth:

Glad to see so many DIS-travelers in Aug. I hope to spy you with you Lime Green Mickey Head!

I agree with Panotchr, might as well be at Disney in the August heat!! :rotfl:

We went the last week of August and it was hot but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We got up early went to the parks and left around lunch time and went our hotel had lunch, swam and took a nap and went back to the parks until late at night.

We went to Universal on July 5, 2005 and I thought I was going to melt. It was very humid and was so thankful that we were staying at the Hard Rock Hotel and had FOTL priviledges. :cool1: We felt bad for those who were waiting on the lines.

I love the last week in August at Disney. Crowds are down. Swimming is a must to beat the heat and I still haven't lost the 5 pounds I put on during free dining last year. I am glad to see so many of you planning so early in the game. I thought that I was the only one.

Meg

We were there last week of August and over Labor Day weekend. Some plans had to change because of a Hurricaine warning that turned into nothing (water parks were closed, a couple of things closed early night before in anticipation) but that worked to our advantage b/c Epcot was almost all ours and the weather was overcast and cooler. If you can stand the interruption of the rain each day, it is totally worth it to go at this time - great pools, no lines, relaxation before the hustle and bustle of school begins again!
Especially if there's free dining! :sunny:

We are also hoping for free dining. We're booked at Fort Wilderness, but if free dining is offered, we will upgrade to a hotel. Keeping our fingers crossed.

:thumbsup2 Hope to get down to WDW just before school starts at the end of August ...hoping for free dining :thumbsup2

I found out that school starts later here for us so I rebooked for the 12th through 18th of August. Hopefully, that gives us a better chance of getting the free dining this year. We missed it by a week last year. :( We are going either way, but may stay more days if free dining pops up! Hurry August.....

I am going August 12-19 but I am confused with the free dining thing. First time looking for codes. Do you have to book the package plan or can you just book a room? And should I book now or wait for codes to come out?
Thanks for your help

Dot :confused3

DarDar said:
I am going August 12-19 but I am confused with the free dining thing. First time looking for codes. Do you have to book the package plan or can you just book a room? And should I book now or wait for codes to come out?
Thanks for your help

Dot :confused3

Based on how it worked in August 2006, you have to book a package to get the free dining - package must include at least a one day base ticket for each person in the room. You will be paying rack rates for the room - we did this in August 2006 and with our party of 2 adults and 3 juniors (who ate as adults) we "saved" a bundle on dining.

MEM said:
Based on how it worked in August 2006, you have to book a package to get the free dining - package must include at least a one day base ticket for each person in the room. You will be paying rack rates for the room - we did this in August 2006 and with our party of 2 adults and 3 juniors (who ate as adults) we "saved" a bundle on dining.

No telling what you may or may not have to book for free dining in 2007 if offered again. I would bet, based on the UK offer, that you will have to book a package with a minimum amount of nights and you may even have to purchase a minimum amount of days on your tickets. Purchasing the one day tickets may not be an option this year. They do like to make it difficult don’t they?

You can go ahead and book a room only then if they do offer a special you could cancel that reservation after securing the new one. I on the other hand prefer to wait it out a bit.

Thanks for your help. And for answering so quickly you guys are great. I think I will book now and just keep looking at the boards.

Dot

Hello! I am planning a trip in early August for my DD's birthday. Lucky #7!

So, what all comes with free dining? And when did it start in '06?

And this code thing, when do they usually come out?

Thanks a bunch! :-)

Want to keep abreast of things - we have a ressie for 8-22 - 8-29 at the Poly for 7 nites. I want a deal too!!! :thumbsup2

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter