Official Cake Chatter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I ever posted details of the cake I got for my BF (at the time I ordered it), who was my fiance when it was delivered on his birthday! I ordered it from Private Dining at the AKL and had it delivered to our room at the resort.

I asked for a Toy Story theme, with fondant that looked like clouds with characters on top. I left it open to the chef and I was pleased with the cake. Unfortunately we were too full from our private meal from the Sunset Safari to eat much of it (we did try it), but it sat in the fridge for the remainder of our trip.

Theme: Toy Story
Size: 8" fondant covered
Flavor: white cake with strawberries and custard filling
Price: $80.39 out the door

photo.php

Thanks to lurkyloo with her tips on how to get what I wanted! :thumbsup2

***You'll have to right-click the photos for now, I don't know why I can't get them to come up. They are on my facebook page***

Can't see the image even when I right-click it. :sad2: If you have an account with Photobucket (or any free photo sharing site) there shouldn't be any problem with getting the pictures to show.

I'd love to see the cake since it seems that of the cakes done at AKL I was the only unlucky person to get a complete dud and the only person at AKL to be told that all they made were 6" cakes. Mr. Murphy and his laws always seem to find me.

I don't think I ever posted details of the cake I got for my BF (at the time I ordered it), who was my fiance when it was delivered on his birthday! I ordered it from Private Dining at the AKL and had it delivered to our room at the resort.

I asked for a Toy Story theme, with fondant that looked like clouds with characters on top. I left it open to the chef and I was pleased with the cake. Unfortunately we were too full from our private meal from the Sunset Safari to eat much of it (we did try it), but it sat in the fridge for the remainder of our trip.

Theme: Toy Story
Size: 8" fondant covered
Flavor: white cake with strawberries and custard filling
Price: $80.39 out the door

photo.php

***You'll have to right-click the photos for now, I don't know why I can't get them to come up. They are on my facebook page***

I brought your photo over into my personal photobucket account (let me know if that's a problem and I can delete it for you Erin)

Here it is

13533_1293556581233_1299841195_8561.jpg

Can't see the image even when I right-click it. :sad2: If you have an account with Photobucket (or any free photo sharing site) there shouldn't be any problem with getting the pictures to show.

I'd love to see the cake since it seems that of the cakes done at AKL I was the only unlucky person to get a complete dud and the only person at AKL to be told that all they made were 6" cakes. Mr. Murphy and his laws always seem to find me.

I can't see this picture and would love to ,did you put it onthe pix page?

Check back a page, I was able to add them!

what beautiful cakes.:goodvibes

how much do the mad hatter cakes usually run? with fondant and all the fantastic decorations? anyone have a guess?;)

1 tier - $100-$140ish, depending on decorations

2 tiers: $450

3 tiers: $980

It just so happens that we will be arriving at Disney on my daughter's 4th birthday. I know I have to do some sort of cake but not sure what to do. She does like tinkerbell and her favorite movie these days is Jungle Book. Any suggestions on what I should do? And we are staying club level at the Poly if that makes a difference. Thanks for the help.

Karen

To tell you the truth I have no clue really. I ordered the cake and asked about a bottle of wine/champagne I knew we enjoyed Magicale when we went in Dec so I asked about that and he said it was part of the toasting package and thats how I could add it. I know he said it came with toasting flutes for us to keep and the bottle of sparkling wine but I am not sure what else is included I think that is all though. Worked great for me. I don't even know the price of anything I was just too excited. DH and I never got a honeymoon and since its our 10th I figured we deserve it!!
Hi Vicki, thanks for your response. DH and I are celebrating our 21st this Dec and it sounds like a cool idea. I think I'm going to look into it. Congrats on 10 years. Thanks again.:goodvibes

It's a beautiful cake ... but if Chef Brian reads this ;) you made a mistake in the French phrase. Happy Birthday would translate to "Bonne Fete," and if you wanted Happy Anniversary, it should have been "Joyeux Anniversaire" which only has one "E".

Not that any of us here are perfectionists! :rotfl:

Bonne fete, is for your saints day ie if you are named after a saint (which most french people are) you would say bonne fete.
happy birthday is indeed joyeux anniversaire - with one e - chef brian however, did get it right...
i too an a perfectionist;)

I noticed that right away, but fortunately I was the only one at the table who took French so noone else realized the typo. :rolleyes1 ;)

kcampbell r u satisfied with it?

Overall, yes I am. Ultimately my mom was the one that needed to be happy and she was thrilled. There are always things that can be improved upon, but the cake was delicious and cute. :cutie: (I also wrote about the entire experience- it's the last post on pg. 247 post #3705 :thumbsup2)

kcampbell,

I,too, would like to know if you were happy with your cake. I am especially interested in the taste/flavor combination. I think it looks really terrific!
The cake was delicious! We had tasted it at our planning session but it was awhile ago so I didn't completely remember the mousse. It has a little tang to it which I liked. I would almost describe it more as a tropical mousse. Yummy! The cake was extremely moist as well. We ate off of it for quite a few days. :goodvibes

Have trends changed since Fall 2008?

Last trip I ordered two custom cakes. One was from the GF for my mom's 70th birthday. It was a white cake with custard and fresh raspberry filling and buttercream icing. It was DELICIOUS and served at room temperature-very tender and moist.

We ordered another cake from the CR for my sons' birthdays. It was a chocolate cake with an Irish creme "wash" over the cake, a chocolate mousse filling and a chocolate buttercream icing. It was a pretty big disappointment. It was served so cold that the texture was like that of a dry brick. What can be done to prevent a very expensive cake from being served this way? Is the CR still putting out ice cold cakes to be served?

does anyone have photos of their birthday cake at disney i need ideas to order for a birthday in march looking for a mickey cake

has anyone had one of the "fancier" caked delivered to the crystal palace for dinner?
This is where we are having my sons birthday dinner at and I would like to have a cake made but was wondering if a custom made one can be delivered here or do I have to go with a simple round one? I would settle for the chocolate mickey mouse head one if I had too..
TIA! :thumbsup2

Had an amazing cake for my son's 11th birthday delivered to CP last Feb (09). I ordered a chocolate/vanilla marble cake with chocolate butter cream icing to top and middle. With a picture of the main characters on top - was $75 I think but as we were celebrating at WDW he missed out on a birthday party so it was worth it.

Only sad bit though was it was so huge that we offered 3/4 to the staff for their break. They accepted and kept the other part of the cake for us to return for after Wishes. We went back and collected it. Only checked it when we put it into the resort fridge and they had given us the big piece and kept the small one for themselves. About 1/2 of that cake made it to the bin. We would have been much happier if our wonderful server had eaten the cake.

thank you! Did you call CP or the cake hotline?
what size did you order and by chance do you have a picture of it???
there will be 6 out us so I was thinking a 6 -8 " would be perfect.

Called the MK cake hotline (haven't got the number handy but it was on the cake thread on the disboards.)

Had to have a 10inch I seem to remember as it was the smallest the MK could personalise.

For some reason I can't post photos on here but if you want to PM me your email address I will happily email you a copy of the photos.

IMHO it was a lovely cake.

If I walk into the BW bakery on Monday and order a cake for Wednesday - can they do that - I don't want anything fancy and I would rather talk to someone face to face!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!