Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the best picture of the dessert but a surprise that my BF (now fiance) arranged when we were eating at Cinderella's Royal Table. Timed perfectly to come out right before the fireworks started!
47b7db32b3127cce83a7b2f3f26500000026102AYs2rhw4bsV

AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: How romantic! What flavor cake is under the slipper?

AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: How romantic!

Even more romantic was that right before they delivered this dessert, they delivered a covered plate that had rose petals with a glass slipper on top engraved with 'Will you marry me?' on one side, our names on the other and the all important ring nestled inside on a rose bud. :love:

[/B]What flavor cake is under the slipper?
I believe it was some sort of a sponge cake. Honestly, not anything to write home about as it was kind of like a chewy angel food cake. The chocolate mousse was AMAZING though!

[/b]
Even more romantic was that right before they delivered this dessert, they delivered a covered plate that had rose petals with a glass slipper on top engraved with 'Will you marry me?' on one side, our names on the other and the all important ring nestled inside on a rose bud. :love:

I believe it was some sort of a sponge cake. Honestly, not anything to write home about as it was kind of like a chewy angel food cake. The chocolate mousse was AMAZING though!

Aww, how incredibly sweet! CONGRATULATIONS! Are you having a Disney Wedding? :love:

Not the best picture of the dessert but a surprise that my BF (now fiance) arranged when we were eating at Cinderella's Royal Table. Timed perfectly to come out right before the fireworks started!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Just got home yesterday from a quick weekend at WDW. I ordered a cake for my in-laws 50th Wedding Anniversary. We had dinner at the Yachtman's steak house and it was great. The cake was amazing! I will post pictures later tonight when I get home and can upload them.

Taken from another thread:

New "Cake Hotline" for ordering special occassion cakes!

5/29/07: DINE: New "Cake Hotline" for Guests requesting celebratory cakes at most Table Service dining locations. The Cake Hotline number is 407-827-2253 and requires 48 hours notice.

Guests may request a 6-inch cake(non-personalized) upon arrival at the podium for $12.50+tax (no advance notice required).

I just called and it seems like now you can order a cake at almost any resort or restaurant. :cool1:

Very cool...thanks for the information. I'll be using this in July and December!

I just called and it seems like now you can order a cake at almost any resort or restaurant. :cool1:

Am I reading this right? We will be able to order a personalized cake from certain resorts. Say the CBR for instance??? Just curious about what exactly this means. It would make my life a lot easier to have a cake delivered to our room at CBR for DD's bday rather than ordering a big ol' cake for the three of us at a restaurant and worring about how we would get the rest of it back to our resort room. Thanks for any info you have on this. You are always SO helpful!!

Here are pictures of the cake I ordered for my inlaws 50th Anniversary. It was yellow cake with royal icing, four layers of cake and icing! Gold mickeys on the outside with flowers and chocolate writing on top. It was a 6" cake and easily could serve 8 people. I am still waiting for the charge to hit my credit card to see how much it cost though.....and they did not take the DDE card beacuse they said it was a special order. Everyone loved it though....brought tears to my inlaws!

Taken from another thread:

New "Cake Hotline" for ordering special occassion cakes!

5/29/07: DINE: New "Cake Hotline" for Guests requesting celebratory cakes at most Table Service dining locations. The Cake Hotline number is 407-827-2253 and requires 48 hours notice.

Guests may request a 6-inch cake(non-personalized) upon arrival at the podium for $12.50+tax (no advance notice required).

This probably seems ike a stupid question, but is this Cake Hotline just for ordering at TS restaurants, or also for the resorts? I am guessing you still have to call the individual resorts for in-room cake delivery, but perhaps I am wrong...its happened before :confused3 ;)

This probably seems ike a stupid question, but is this Cake Hotline just for ordering at TS restaurants, or also for the resorts? I am guessing you still have to call the individual resorts for in-room cake delivery, but perhaps I am wrong...its happened before :confused3 ;)

It's a machine with a message to listen too. It said things like, to order for the Cont press 1, to order for the GF press 2, to order for the Poly hit this number to order for All stars or Pop, hit this number.

Now I don't know if you can only a cake for their restaurants or if you can also order for in room. You'd have to call and request it and see what they say but resorts that we thought you couldn't order a cake from like All Star, Pop, Carribean beach, even DTD were mentioned in the message.

Congratulations that was so romantic.

DH and I are celebrating our 6yr anniversary at CRT. I want to order a cake but don't want most of it waisted. Would the CM's allow us to share our cake with the tables around us?

DH and I are celebrating our 6yr anniversary at CRT. I want to order a cake but don't want most of it waisted. Would the CM's allow us to share our cake with the tables around us?

Sure!

We just celebrated my MIL's b-day at LTT on May 14.

Our party of 8 could not finish our cake...there was about 1/2 left.
We passed it on over to the table next to us that had 3 young children.
Our waitress came back to the table & said, "Oh I see you found what to do with the rest of your cake!"

We are going to WDW in Sept. I am going to order a cake at the CG for my son and daughter-in-law. The one I saw on these boards, the small white cake with the castle on top is the one I want. I called the hotline and talked to a great CM. She called the GF and asked about getting a cake to CG. They do not do pickup orders any more. But she did say that I could maybe able to get the castle sent over and they may be able to put it on one of their cakes. She is going to have the chef call me tomorrow to discuss the options. I thought she went out of her way for me. She was really nice to talk to. I hope they can do something special for me.

I had the best CM and the worst in the same phone call today. I had a great CM on the phone for the MGM - 50's PT cake I needed to get on order for Saturday, she was perfect.

On the other hand, I made another call to the Contemporary line for Cali Grill and this lady obviously did not want to help me at all, she could not advise on anything and did not suggest ordering anything if it was just the two of us dining, simply state you want a cake upon check in and they would handle it at the CG. I asked about something special and she had no idea and could offer no assistance. I stated I would call the number listed here on the boards for the CG and they were completely different and I got the same lady again, I knew it immediately and she could tell I was the same guy. She then transferred me to the Grill and I left a message. I was called back about 4 hours later, while the wife was with me and I let it go to voice mail, he was very polite, confirmed the ADR and let me know to as for a window seat upon check in at the podium. He concluded the message by wishing us a Happy Anniversary.

I was glad it ended on a good note, I think we will just get a dessert off the menu, it should make things simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter