Official Bay Lake Tower Photo Thread

LOVE all the pics and info!!! SO excited to stay here in 27 days!!! I've booked a lake view 1br - I SO hope we get a view of the MK - fireworks!!! :)

Looking down at the pool:
original.jpg

/QUOTE]

If you rent points for your stay, do you still get to use that pool?

Yes.

Excited for our first stay at BLT this summer. We've booked a one bedroom lake view for 5 nights. We'd rather be higher up. Does anyone have a recommendation for what room or section we should request? Also, are there any suggestions for stuff we should bring. I know we'll need groceries and electric cords. Does the room come with mini toiletries. This is our first stay in a villa, so any pointers will be much appreciated! Thanks!

Checking out this thread because it's now only 8 days until I'm at BLT for the first time! :banana::banana:

Excited for our first stay at BLT this summer. We've booked a one bedroom lake view for 5 nights. We'd rather be higher up. Does anyone have a recommendation for what room or section we should request? Also, are there any suggestions for stuff we should bring. I know we'll need groceries and electric cords. Does the room come with mini toiletries. This is our first stay in a villa, so any pointers will be much appreciated! Thanks!

I too am going this august and it is our first DVC stay at BLT since we bought into DVC. We are poly "natives" and it is a big step from the two story-palm tree haven across the lake....of course a request is a request, however I don't know what to ask for. We are booked 7 nights -lake view-one bedroom studio. Do I ask for high up or down? Close to the bridge?
I would love to see the monorail and of course anything pleasing!! But from high up, not parking lot level...but is that mostly standard? So confused....I know every angle of the poly and room types but this is so new....but exciting!!! :scared:

Thanks for any help!!:goodvibes

OK, here are a few pictures from our theme park view studio. We were there at the beginning of the month and it was amazing! Couldn't have asked for a better view! We were in room 8218 (12th floor).

A random shot of the room...
IMG_0146_zps96018403.jpg

d66b1ded-6da1-40e7-8717-b5ceeb70cb51_zps552d6b8a.jpg

IMG_0145_zpsdb7ce6af.jpg

IMG_0143_zpsa13d6201.jpg

IMG_0142_zpsec9706c6.jpg

And here's a video of the view as well (just click to play).

Staying at Bay Lake Tower in January 2014. :lovestruc Looking forward to seeing your pictures.:thumbsup2

I too am going this august and it is our first DVC stay at BLT since we bought into DVC. We are poly "natives" and it is a big step from the two story-palm tree haven across the lake....of course a request is a request, however I don't know what to ask for. We are booked 7 nights -lake view-one bedroom studio. Do I ask for high up or down? Close to the bridge?
I would love to see the monorail and of course anything pleasing!! But from high up, not parking lot level...but is that mostly standard? So confused....I know every angle of the poly and room types but this is so new....but exciting!!! :scared:

Thanks for any help!!:goodvibes

If you have a lake view you have 3 options.
- The inside of the C which will give you a view of the pool and Bay Lake
- north side outer C. It's is the top of the C facing the Mk. Gives you views of Mk and fireworks, some monorail and some lake
- south side outer C. It's faces the CR. has some monorail, CR and some lake.

We typically stay MK view but last trip had lake view. We ended up on the north side of the outer C. We were able to see the Mk and fireworks. Great view for only lake view pts.

We always ask for high floor. I would rare be high up then face any one direction.

Love BLT. Best resort!!!!!

Crazy question.... In the one bedroom villa, does the commode area in the master bath have a door to close it off from the rest of the bathroom? I like privacy....

We usually stay at BWV, but may try BLT next time. My son is 21 and sharing a bathroom with 3 of us can be a challenge. 2 bathrooms like we had at AKV but with a better location might be cool. A commode door in the master would be even better (why all the resorts don't have this is beyond me!).

Crazy question.... In the one bedroom villa, does the commode area in the master bath have a door to close it off from the rest of the bathroom? I like privacy....

We usually stay at BWV, but may try BLT next time. My son is 21 and sharing a bathroom with 3 of us can be a challenge. 2 bathrooms like we had at AKV but with a better location might be cool. A commode door in the master would be even better (why all the resorts don't have this is beyond me!).

There is a door separating the toilet and the shower from the double vanity and the bathtub. So, if you're showering and someone needs to use the toilet in the master bath, neither of you will have privacy (but if someone is just using the sink, you will). That's why the second bathroom is great. Let me ask you this since you said you normally stay at BWV and that's where we're staying in June . . . I know there is only one bathroom in the 1 BR, but what's the shower/toilet situation like there?

There is a door separating the toilet and the shower from the double vanity and the bathtub. So, if you're showering and someone needs to use the toilet in the master bath, neither of you will have privacy (but if someone is just using the sink, you will). That's why the second bathroom is great. Let me ask you this since you said you normally stay at BWV and that's where we're staying in June . . . I know there is only one bathroom in the 1 BR, but what's the shower/toilet situation like there?

Thanks! With the 2nd bathroom, it sounds manageable. I wonder why it wasn't set up like AKV (awesome resort and rooms- poor location).

BWV- our favorite location. Bathroom has no privacy though between shower and toilet. Ugh... There is another sink and the big tub closed off though.

This was my awesome (for a) standard studio view room from I think 7240 (or 38).

jhwj81.jpg

I know it's kind of hard to tell here, but we could totally see the castle and fireworks. I was super happy with this room.

OK, here are a few pictures from our theme park view studio. We were there at the beginning of the month and it was amazing! Couldn't have asked for a better view! We were in room 8218 (12th floor).

Awesome!
I'll be there in less than 2 wks! Theme park View Studio as well!
I want your room! (I did request "xx18, highest floor possible"!)
FIngers crossed!

Could you actually see fireworks sitting on the couch in the room or did you have to go out to the balcony?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter