"Official" 2022 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have learned from past parties to eat a huge late lunch before going to the party. That way we can take advantage of everything it has to offer. We use to book Be Our Guest for around 4 to 430. The problem is we were too full to pig out on the holiday treats and we could have spent that time getting on rides or getting in line for Jack Skellington.

We have some really awesome outfits to dress up for the party. What I did was book Whispering Canyon Cafe at our resort for 1:35. Stuff our faces and then go get ready for the party. Show up to the party by 4 and party til 12 a.m. with plenty of room for treats and maybe a quick service if need be.
Edited to add: I chose this as a non park day and also the next day is a resort day/sleep in day so we can stay until closing.
Our next day was going to be a rest/resort day too and I was so happy and proud that I set it up that way. But THEN I realized that the other day I had our non party MK day was indeed a party day, just not for us 😂

I wanted MK as a regular day. So after switching park days around it worked better for us to have our regular MK day the day after the party. I think we will not rush to get up early and just get there when we get there though. Not ideal but what it is!

What amazing outfits do you have brewing?

Our next day was going to be a rest/resort day too and I was so happy and proud that I set it up that way. But THEN I realized that the other day I had our non party MK day was indeed a party day, just not for us 😂

I wanted MK as a regular day. So after switching park days around it worked better for us to have our regular MK day the day after the party. I think we will not rush to get up early and just get there when we get there though. Not ideal but what it is!

My daughters family are going as Jack Skellington,Sally, Zero,Sandy Claws and Oogie Boogie. My boyfriend and I are going as Gingerbread man and woman.

We have our mk day the day after our party too! But it’s also a Wednesday so we will have extended evening hours. My plan is if everyone happens to be awake early we will head on over. If not we will just go once ready since the mk will probably be open until 12am with the extended evening hours.
We have family shirts and I am getting girls Christmas Minnie ears and boys Mickey Santa hats!

Any prediction on if rides will be lower wait times during the party? We went to After Hours last year and waits were low. We really enjoyed it. I just wonder if it will similar?

We have learned from past parties to eat a huge late lunch before going to the party. That way we can take advantage of everything it has to offer. We use to book Be Our Guest for around 4 to 430. The problem is we were too full to pig out on the holiday treats and we could have spent that time getting on rides or getting in line for Jack Skellington.

We have some really awesome outfits to dress up for the party. What I did was book Whispering Canyon Cafe at our resort for 1:35. Stuff our faces and then go get ready for the party. Show up to the party by 4 and party til 12 a.m. with plenty of room for treats and maybe a quick service if need be.
Edited to add: I chose this as a non park day and also the next day is a resort day/sleep in day so we can stay until closing.
This is actually a smart plan. We chose our sleep in day to be the day of the party so we don't have a major plan accept an early dinner and the party itself.

This is actually a smart plan. We chose our sleep in day to be the day of the party so we don't have a major plan accept an early dinner and the party itself.
Thats our plan. Sleep in day of party, hanging out at the resort and the day after party. We will going to Disney Springs the day after whenever we get around to it.

Ugh. I am so disappointed. I need a Nov 8th or 10th ticket and they sold out already :(. Probably no way to get a ticket at this point, but if anyone knows of a way, please let me know!

Anybody else can’t wait for a preview of the Christmas snacks, treats, food specials and drink specials? I can’t wait for this!
Any prediction on if rides will be lower wait times during the party? We went to After Hours last year and waits were low. We really enjoyed it. I just wonder if it will similar?
I’ve been following the Halloween parties and wait times have been low. The longest I’ve seen is around 30-35 minutes (7DMT)

Forgive me if this has been asked or is obvious- Do I need a regular day ticket and reservation for MK to attend MVMCP? Or can I just purchase the party ticket and enter at 5pm (4pm)?

Planning to attend for the first time in almost 20 years.

Looking for advice…
We have day tickets to MK on the same day as our party. Our thought is to sleep in, and head to the parks around noon or 1:00. We would use genie+ all afternoon to do rides and it looks like the last time to book a genie is 5:35. So, we booked Skippers for 5:55. Our thought is that will give the park time to clear and we should be ready to start partying at 7:00.
We are frequent Disney travelers and feel very comfortable with genie+ etc. however, this will be our first Christmas party. We are taking our son’s girlfriend who has never been to Disney. We thought we would do rides all afternoon and party things in the evening. Is this a good strategy? I see many people booking late lunches or early dinners and wonder if I am missing something in my plan.

Looking for advice…
We have day tickets to MK on the same day as our party. Our thought is to sleep in, and head to the parks around noon or 1:00. We would use genie+ all afternoon to do rides and it looks like the last time to book a genie is 5:35. So, we booked Skippers for 5:55. Our thought is that will give the park time to clear and we should be ready to start partying at 7:00.
We are frequent Disney travelers and feel very comfortable with genie+ etc. however, this will be our first Christmas party. We are taking our son’s girlfriend who has never been to Disney. We thought we would do rides all afternoon and party things in the evening. Is this a good strategy? I see many people booking late lunches or early dinners and wonder if I am missing something in my plan.
Doing rides before is fine. It just all depends on what you plan to do during the party. If you like character meet & greets this will take up a lot of your time because the lines are pretty long. So some of us don't want to waste party time eating dinner because of stuff like that. There are things at the party that you can't do on a regular park day like the holiday parade, the holiday fireworks etc.

Looking for advice…

I don't have advice to offer necessarily, but more of a tidbit to add. What plan may ideal for one family may not be for another. For us on our party day we are also going to do MK in the morning for a couple of hours. We will go for early opening, do some rides, stay for a bit and head back to the hotel. Maybe swim, nap, whatever anyone decides. Then we have our lunch/dinner at 3:30 at Ohana so we will leave Pop around 2:00/2:30. We are hoping to stay at the party until Midnight, but we will see. That said, some people may think we are wasting time having a dinner at 3:30. And that is fine, but for us it is a meal we want to do and this is the only day it fits in. Just do what works best for you guys. I try to make my plans and not overthink them too much.

I don't have advice to offer necessarily, but more of a tidbit to add. What plan may ideal for one family may not be for another. For us on our party day we are also going to do MK in the morning for a couple of hours. We will go for early opening, do some rides, stay for a bit and head back to the hotel. Maybe swim, nap, whatever anyone decides. Then we have our lunch/dinner at 3:30 at Ohana so we will leave Pop around 2:00/2:30. We are hoping to stay at the party until Midnight, but we will see. That said, some people may think we are wasting time having a dinner at 3:30. And that is fine, but for us it is a meal we want to do and this is the only day it fits in. Just do what works best for you guys. I try to make my plans and not overthink them too much.
This is pretty much our plan, but we are staying at the Polynesian. We will go to MK for awhile in the morning then go back to the resort and hope to get an early Ohana reservation about 3:30 or 4:00. Last party we went to we entered at 4:00 and it was packed. So I’m not worried about missing those first few hours after 4:00. That was several years ago though.

Ours is fairly similar. We are starting our day at Hollywood Studios

Seeing where the morning takes us then our daughter has light saber building at 1:25
Afterwards we will head back to resort, perfect time to ditch the light saber!
Rest/pool/nap…

Then head to MK around 4? Is 4 when we can enter without a park ticket that day?

Seeing where the morning takes us then our daughter has light saber building at 1:25
Rest/pool/nap…

Then head to MK around 4? Is 4 when we can enter without a park ticket that day?
Yes 4:00

Rest/pool/nap…

If she has light saber build at 1:25 I think its atleast 30 min depending on which resort you are at you might not make it back to the resort till 3-3:30pm So not sure how much nap or pool time you will get if you want to be at MK for 4pm.

Looking for advice…
I personally wouldn’t waste any party time on a sit down. I did that once and regretted it. They were running behind and by the time we got out, I felt like we were behind on my party plan. A lot of the meet and greets start before 7. So depending on if you have ones you want to do that are high demand, its best to get those done early. If you don’t plan on any meet and greets then it probably won’t be a problem. I’m kinda big on the rare character meets though. Just my 2cents.

I personally wouldn’t waste any party time on a sit down. I did that once and regretted it. They were running behind and by the time we got out, I felt like we were behind on my party plan. A lot of the meet and greets start before 7. So depending on if you have ones you want to do that are high demand, its best to get those done early. If you don’t plan on any meet and greets then it probably won’t be a problem. I’m kinda big on the rare character meets though. Just my 2cents.
A lot of good advice from everyone. This in particular hits the spot for me....my party of 8 was "stuck" at BOG for 3 hours one night. We were so upset. Even the Beast was interacting with us; doing funny things to acknowledge that he couldn't believe we were still there. I'm almost certain we saw him 6x!

DW and I have met the 7Dwarfs during a party, but my kids have not. For me, it is fun; for them, they'd rather get treats and repeat rides. So even within my group, it is a mix of different fun. In the end, we leave happy.....even a bit frustrated with a 3 hour meal! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter