• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you watch the fireworks from behind the castle in fantasyland instead or are you wanting to see the projections?
Im not sure. I think the Halloween fireworks are all around the park so some might be blocked if you’re not in front of castle....I don’t know...but that might work.

Trying to decide whether to go for dessert party on a party night or not waste time....

You’re at a party where your getting treats handed to you for free. Do what you want obviously but I prefer getting photos with special characters watching the shows and the two parades.

Are the Dwarves meeting this year? Awesome, I didn't know that! I met with them once at a Christmas party some years back.

Not 100% sure - I was just saying I'd love to see them and keeping everything crossed that they do make an appearance!

It’s our first and possibly only time attending the party so I think we’ll want to be front & center to get the full experience. I have never tried the behind the castle viewing (save for one night walking out if BOG dinner during Wishes)but I should try it sometime.
I like the Fantasyland (behind the castle) view if I'm doing 2 MK nights and have already seen fireworks from the front one night, and want to take advantage of short ride wait times on the second night. It's kind of a cool view. BUT, for the MNSSHP Halloween fireworks.... in addition to projections, there's a "thing" that happens up front. I don't want to give any spoilers, but if you haven't seen it, it's very cool and you probably don't want to miss it. The show itself is.... interesting. Energetic? Busy? Chaotic? I don't know how best to describe it, but there's a lot going on that you'd miss if you were behind the castle.

Last edited:

I can only see up to the 7th Oct for either dessert party :/ Staying offsite though so have they only loaded up until the 60 days or has anyone been able to book the end of October yet?

Booked our dessert party! :cool1: So happy these came back this year, once they started to jam pack the Halloween party we found having a break during the night to get away from the crowds was really nice, especially a break with food and drinks!
Thanks for sharing your positive experience. That helped me make up my mind. I've never done a dessert party during MNSSHP, but the last 2 parties I attended were very crowded. I had a horrid fireworks view near the Tomorrowland Terrace bridge in 2018. I got there in plenty of time - I thought - but I was wrong, because hub was already packed and I could not progress any farther. In 2019, I lucked into a table by the Plaza with a somewhat obstructed view. The hub and Main Street were packed both times. So... while I am somewhat on the fence about the dessert party, I went ahead and booked it. I don't really consider it a time-waster, because if you're going to watch the fireworks with any decent view, you have to get there ahead of time anyway. I'd rather sit at Tomorrowland Terrace with a drink and some snacks (and a bathroom) vs. sitting crammed in the hub. Plus, the teens/older kids can check in to the dessert party, then run over and ride Space or Buzz and return to the dessert party before fireworks if they want to.

I've heard that sometimes you can get tickets day of, you just have to check. It is odd that parties are already selling out for mid Aug and early Sept. I wonder if they are capping it lower than previous MNSSHP?

Where's the best place to inquire about tickets day-of? Ticket booths at TTC, or guest services outside MK?

Has anyone been successful in securing Not-So-Spooky Dessert party tickets for any date in October? All of the October dates are showing no availability, but all of the dates in August and September currently have availability.

Has anyone been successful in securing Not-So-Spooky Dessert party tickets for any date in October? All of the October dates are showing no availability, but all of the dates in August and September currently have availability.
Wondering if those Oct dates haven't "opened up" for booking yet because they're subject to the usual 60 day advance booking rule?

They should be open through October 8th, since that is the current 60 day mark. Just hoping that the reservations haven't been loaded for the available October dates yet. It would be cool to have a dessert party on our wedding anniversary.

Where's the best place to inquire about tickets day-of? Ticket booths at TTC, or guest services outside MK?
I am not sure on that one as we have never personally done it, just saying what I heard :). I'm sure someone will come along with an answer though.

If your Oct date is inside the 60 day limit it may be due to them loading in batches. Our March 2022 one was not available at 60 days, I checked everyday until it popped up. It took about 10-14 days I think.

If your Oct date is inside the 60 day limit it may be due to them loading in batches. Our March 2022 one was not available at 60 days, I checked everyday until it popped up. It took about 10-14 days I think.
I am having the exact same problem. We have two dates in October but nothing is available

Thanks for the information. It is always nice to have company in the 'Disney Reservation Issue' boat.

I can't believe that the 23rd is now sold out! A blogger I follow predicted that would be the lowest attended of all the parties. So, hedging my bets, went ahead and bought tickets for the 26th too. So what we don't see/do on the 23rd we will on the 26th. It's a splurge, but it's our last trip with our annual passes, and I'm pretty sure we aren't renewing. So, let's get it all in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter