"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
[I’m so confused about all the fireworks and parade viewing parties within the party. Trying to make sense of it all and decide whether to book! It's just me and my 28 year old daughter. I would prefer to have a place to SIT for both the parade and the fireworks. But it looks like you would need to book two parties (forget it! :)) to do both... It looks like Tomorrowland Terrace has actual chairs, but Plaza doesn't... and people are posting that to get a good spot in the reserved viewing area for Tony's you still have to hold your spot up to an hour before the parade! So much conflicting info!! If we do NOT do these parties, and we want to see the fireworks at 10 and the parade at 11 from Main Street, can anyone suggest a strategy? I'm all over the map and freaking out a little...sigh. We did the MVMCP years ago before they had these extra parties (also I was younger :0 ) help!]

My adult son and I went to MVMCP last Tuesday night and had tickets for the Tomorrow Land Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party. I really wanted a seat for the fireworks. We thought the whole experience was awesome. The fireworks were spectacular and having a ring side seat was just the best. The dessert party was very nice and we thought it was well worth the money. I would do the same again.

I am still trying to figure out what time the “under the Christmas tree” spot for the second parade fills up for those attending the tony party. Do you have to be out there an hour early?

Hi all. I'm looking for advice from those of you who have been to the parties. My family isn't going to attend the extra parties-within-a-party, and we have little to no interest in seeing the parade. We want to see the fireworks, but don't want to stake out a spot. We'd rather roll up last minute and stop briefly to watch, even if that means we have a less-than-ideal view.

Our priorities are experiencing all the overlay attractions, riding as many other rides as we can, collecting cookies and pretzels, soaking up the Christmas atmosphere, and DH wants to meet Jack and Sally if it's manageable.

We have FP+s for BTMRR, SDMT, and HM before the party starts, so we don't need to worry about those rides during.

What should we do first, second, ect? And where in the park can we be during the parades so we don't get trapped along the route, and how far ahead of the parade start times do we need to head there? Has anyone jumped in line for Jack and Sally right before closing (I've seen some mention but can't find confirmation) , and if so do you miss some closing event on Main St?

TIA

So I attended Thursday Nov 21.

I've definitely seen more crowded parties, but I've also seen emptier ones.

I was posting about my experiences briefly until I forgot.

Our main priorities were the parade, ride overlays and characters.

So here is what we managed to do with time stamps as close as I can get them:

2:30- left Cabana Bay in a Lyft. We didn't want to mess with the TTA so we had them drop us off at French Quarter and we took the MK bus from there

3:14- got on a bus at French Quarter

3:31- in line at the tapstyles. 20-30 people back, chose a line with mostly adults thinking it would go faster and it did.

3:38- they let us in

3:48- in line for Jack and Sally. Bit ridiculous, we were in line for them for a mNSSHP and lined up around 2:30, we were about one space back from where we were at MNSSHP for this MVMCP.

4:31- Jack and Sally start to meet

4:51- met Jack and Sally. Very crazy interaction. Those guys are intense and I'm actually unsure if they take it too far. They met a couple with a baby ahead of us and Jack said a comment about having a tiny coffin for the pint sized baby. I get what you're doing, but might wanna dial that back a bit Jack.

5- got Sorcerer's cards then hit up bypass for the shortbread cookie.

5:10- Jingle cruise FP, waited 10 minutes. Had a very funny skipper, Holly. I love the Jingle Cruise jokes

5:42- in line for Judy and Nick, 4 groups back.

5:50- got cookie butter milkshake and thought it was pretty bland.

6:20- met Nick and Judy

6:34- joined line for Rapunzel and Flynn, Tiana and Naveen. About 15 people in front of us. At this point you could just walk up to see Cinderella and Elena before Charming started.

7:27- met the characters. the line moved slowly because they each spend so much time with everyone.

7:38- in line for HM. Line took about 10 minutes. Nothing says Merry Christmas like grim grinning ghosts.

We were pretty dumb at this point. We hadn't had dinner which we usually always try to do before parties. I wanted to see the first parade from Main Street, so we thought we'd mobile order from Casey's and pick it up on the way.

Big mistake. We must have been waiting for our mobile order for over half an hour. Even when the app said it was ready we still had to stand there for another ten and stare at the counter before it showed up. It was very packed in there.

8:43- We finally got our food and booked it down a very packed Main Street. Usually the train station area has spots later than the actual street, but there was only one small space open facing the train station. As we'd soon find it, it was open because it was right over the sewer and apparently Disney sewers stink really bad?!

I mean, yes, I understand it's a sewer. But it was really, really bad smelling. Kind of weird for Disney.

So anyway, we ate over the stinking sewer while I thought of the Christmas Vacation movie and Uncle Eddie emptying his RV toilet into the sewer.

We got to see the little pre-parade entertainment with dancers with giant white balls. I kind of prefer the Creepa Crew from MNSSHP.

If anyone was wondering about parade arrival times, we were pretty much at the end of the parade route and the parade started at 9:30 and got to us around 8:50.

I like the parade, but not a huge fan of the song. Once upon a Christmas time at Christmas? Say Christmas one more time...just one more.

9:34- stopped to get some cookies then in line for POTC. Waited about 5 minutes.

Got some pretzels on our way around, was looking for roaming Country Bears but just saw one as he left.

10- fireworks started. We hadn't been impressed AT ALL by the new MNSSHP ones, so we decided just to watch from wherever we were. Mary and Bert had gone in for the fireworks, so we just hung out in Liberty Square and watched the fireworks from there. Most patriotic Christmas fireworks ever.

After fireworks were third in line for Mary and Bert.

10:19- met Mary and Bert

10:27- headed towards Storybook Circus, peeked into Princess Hall along the wall and there was no wait for Cinderella, Charming and Elena so we walked right in

10:40- in line for Ducks and Minnie

11:06- met Ducks and Minnie

Santa Goofys line was somewhat long so we decided to skip him for now.

11:17- decided to check on Tweedles, there was only 3 groups ahead of us so we met them.

11:30- did another walk through new Fantasyland on our way to check on Goofy. Eric and Ariel had a few groups in line so we met them.

Made it back to Storybook, decided to check on Dwarves, they shut the door literally as we arrived and said they were closed for the night at 11:34.

Watched the Disney Jr. Dance party. I understand kids like dance parties, but it seemed like a waste of 3 characters. There were 2 kids when we arrived and they were just standing staring at the characters.

Goofy's line was still long and I wanted to get on the Speedway. Instead, we checked on Belle whose line looked like it might allow us to make Speedway.

11:40- got in line for Belle

11:53- met Belle

Booked it to Speedway and made it in line at 11:56.

Thought Speedway was decently Christmasfied, but glad we didn't wait long. It wasn't that great.

Throughout the night we also collected some cookies and a pretzel. Were pretty sad though, we could never find our favorite peppermint cookies.

Overall we had fun at the party. I think they did a good job at changing up the fireworks (I didn't really like them, but at least they did something new). Also a good job with the ride overlays, but they could do with some new characters.

We also didn't see any snow on Main Street, even when we left after midnight. That was a let down.

Last edited:

I am still trying to figure out what time the “under the Christmas tree” spot for the second parade fills up for those attending the tony party. Do you have to be out there an hour early?

First time this year I will be doing the second parade so I am curious about this as well.

Previous years I have been after the fireworks it was always a mad dash out of the park. So wondering about the second parade also.

Beautiful pics. Where did you stand for the parade ?

We were directly across from the Train Station. My preferred spot is actually in front of the train station, because then you can get the tree and part of Main Street in your pictures.

But we arrived too late to get one of those spots.

We were directly across from the Train Station. My preferred spot is actually in front of the train station, because then you can get the tree and part of Main Street in your pictures.

But we arrived too late to get one of those spots.
Does the snoap fall anywhere in Town Square or just on Main Street proper? Thanks for all the great info and pictures!

Does the snoap fall anywhere in Town Square or just on Main Street proper? Thanks for all the great info and pictures!

Pretty sure it is just Main Street.

It should go during the parade, then at other random times during the party.

In past years, we've always seen the snoap going after midnight while people walk out. This time, we didn't see any at all after midnight.

Hi all. I'm looking for advice from those of you who have been to the parties. My family isn't going to attend the extra parties-within-a-party, and we have little to no interest in seeing the parade. We want to see the fireworks, but don't want to stake out a spot. We'd rather roll up last minute and stop briefly to watch, even if that means we have a less-than-ideal view.

Our priorities are experiencing all the overlay attractions, riding as many other rides as we can, collecting cookies and pretzels, soaking up the Christmas atmosphere, and DH wants to meet Jack and Sally if it's manageable.

We have FP+s for BTMRR, SDMT, and HM before the party starts, so we don't need to worry about those rides during.

What should we do first, second, ect? And where in the park can we be during the parades so we don't get trapped along the route, and how far ahead of the parade start times do we need to head there? Has anyone jumped in line for Jack and Sally right before closing (I've seen some mention but can't find confirmation) , and if so do you miss some closing event on Main St?

TIA

We watched the fireworks from fantasyland right after we got off the peter pan ride and it was fantastic. We were right under them and there was hardly anyone there.

Any Actual reports on if the overlays start at 6 or 7? So may opinions both ways! Would really help my plans if we could knock out speedway and tea cups before 7.

We went on the speedway at 6:45 and the overlay was on

Any Actual reports on if the overlays start at 6 or 7? So may opinions both ways! Would really help my plans if we could knock out speedway and tea cups before 7.
We were on PeopleMover at 6:45ish thru Space Mountain on 11/17 and it was the normal ride.

The first parade will have just finished up on Main Street, and those people may hold tight for fireworks.

The first parade ends around 9 PM on Main Street, so I'm not sure people just sit still for an hour before the fireworks - at least not as much as they do before a parade. Especially since they probably sat there for an hour BEFORE the parade... they'll be ready to move after it's over LOL... but on the other hand, you could have a point. I now have on my plan that w will be on Main Street by 9:15 to 9:30 and grab a spot on the curb to camp out for fireworks and 11 PM parade. Fingers crossed! :)

[I’m so confused about all the fireworks and parade viewing parties within the party. Trying to make sense of it all and decide whether to book! It's just me and my 28 year old daughter. I would prefer to have a place to SIT for both the parade and the fireworks. But it looks like you would need to book two parties (forget it! :)) to do both... It looks like Tomorrowland Terrace has actual chairs, but Plaza doesn't... and people are posting that to get a good spot in the reserved viewing area for Tony's you still have to hold your spot up to an hour before the parade! So much conflicting info!! If we do NOT do these parties, and we want to see the fireworks at 10 and the parade at 11 from Main Street, can anyone suggest a strategy? I'm all over the map and freaking out a little...sigh. We did the MVMCP years ago before they had these extra parties (also I was younger :0 ) help!]

My adult son and I went to MVMCP last Tuesday night and had tickets for the Tomorrow Land Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party. I really wanted a seat for the fireworks. We thought the whole experience was awesome. The fireworks were spectacular and having a ring side seat was just the best. The dessert party was very nice and we thought it was well worth the money. I would do the same again.

Oh wow that does sound awesome. Unfortunately I waited too long to actually try to book, and the dessert party is sold out for Dec. 10, the night of our MVMCP... so we're going to take our chances finding a curb to sit on on Main Street. So glad you enjoyed! Next year I'll be smarter.

Can anyone clarify the status of MK between 6 and 7 PM on MVMCP nights? I'm confused because the park "closes" at 6, and the party starts at 7... yet there are all the people with day tickets who have not left yet, and all the party people who have been coming in all afternoon. So, I assume all the rides are still going - they don't close them for an hour, right? And between 6 and 7 there are no FPs, so I assume only people with wrist bands can ride during that hour? Seems like a good time to ride because crowds would be low, then. Is my thinking correct? Also, though the party doesn't officially start until 7, I have heard people say the holiday overlays on SM and other rides have been experienced between 6 and 7... which would make sense since anyone not at the party can't ride during that hour? I guess I'm confused as to why 7 is the official start time, when the park is "closed" to others at 6... sigh.. am I overthinking this?

Can anyone clarify the status of MK between 6 and 7 PM on MVMCP nights? I'm confused because the park "closes" at 6, and the party starts at 7... yet there are all the people with day tickets who have not left yet, and all the party people who have been coming in all afternoon. So, I assume all the rides are still going - they don't close them for an hour, right? And between 6 and 7 there are no FPs, so I assume only people with wrist bands can ride during that hour? Seems like a good time to ride because crowds would be low, then. Is my thinking correct? Also, though the party doesn't officially start until 7, I have heard people say the holiday overlays on SM and other rides have been experienced between 6 and 7... which would make sense since anyone not at the party can't ride during that hour? I guess I'm confused as to why 7 is the official start time, when the park is "closed" to others at 6... sigh.. am I overthinking this?
at 6pm the attractions close for day guests. Only way to get on rides is if you have a wristband
Crowds would not neccesarily be low because remember day guests can get in line at 5:59pm, so technically a 30 min wait on 7DMT would have day guests in line until 6:30pm
They still perform the holiday wish castle show for everyone at 6:15pm
I have heard that attracions with overlay can be experienced as early as 6 and other people have reported not being able to go until 7pm.

Oh wow that does sound awesome. Unfortunately I waited too long to actually try to book, and the dessert party is sold out for Dec. 10, the night of our MVMCP... so we're going to take our chances finding a curb to sit on on Main Street. So glad you enjoyed! Next year I'll be smarter.

Have fun! I hope you find a good spot to view the fireworks!

Also, you might want to continue to check for tickets to the Dessert Party. I bought our tickets just a few days before the party. I was thrilled to see them become available.

We found the wait times to be pretty consistent and very manageable after 6 pm, which was surprising because the party was so packed. But people seemed to be mostly congregating around the castle/ main street. Most rides were walk on or 15-20 min max. Even the waits for the big ticket rides were like 35-40 minutes, but they all started to go down after around 9:30. And the lines move quickly because there are no fastpasses. So they may look long, but they really aren't bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!