"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. You get characters as soon as fireworks are over...almost all are easily accessible then.

2. 6-7 the day guests are being weeded out via showing your wristbands to shop, eat, or ride any rides.

3. newbie here’s my advice that I’ve been doing for years: make 3 fast passes between 3-6 between each fast pass hit up the movie rides like Philarmagic, Hall of Presidents ect.
EAT BEFORE THE PARTY STARTS don’t waste time sitting down to eat...they’re are things to get done.

make sure you do all the party exclusives...you’ll be walking a lot but I literally got everything done I saw the acapella group, Tomorrowland Christmas, fireworks, parade, and stage show. See the second parade and get your spot across from the people who shelled out money for reserved seating, plenty of viewing area for free!

characters are AFTER fireworks you can hit a bunch up. No line for Jack and Sally today which was odd...still had no desire to meet them though...

bring a bag for extra cookies so you’re not holding them.

wear something Christmas theme...be in the spirit and don’t expect it to not be crowded and you’ll be fine!

Thanks for the tips. My wife and I are going December 15th so we are starting out planning. Can anyone point us to further tips for newbies? Does anyone know of a good itinerary for us to use as a guide for the night? I still have alot more reading to do in this thread but decided to see if we could keep advice like CampbellzSoup's rolling.

Hi there! I know that you can enter MK for the Christmas party at 4 pm. I was wondering for those who have gotten there right at 4 if they let you in any earlier or if they don't let anyone enter until 4?

Ok you asked for more tips you got em!

- Book Jingle Cruise as one of your fast passes between 4-6 as theirs a decent line all night for it and you can knock it out without sacrificing party time!

-Make sure you bring some kind of light jacket with you in the car just in case it was 50 degrees with a breeze when I went! I obviously took my jacket off for photos but keep warm!

- When you come in take a hard right to the bypass for some great photo ops, the good sugar cookie, and some merchandise you can snag without waiting on main street to do so!

- if you wanna squeeze the most out of your party catch the Acapella Group at 9:00 the Totally Tomorrowland Show at 09:25 the fireworks at 10:00 the parade at 11:00 and the last stage show at 11:55. If you keep that timeline it gives you from 6-9 to do all the characters and treats you can squeeze in and you can get quite A few in. Again remember this is a hustle schedule so keep that in mind.

- always see the second parade as the beard clears out after fireworks! Also great viewing on main street which I believe the parade must be scene in order to get the Christmas spirit in full effect.

- the treats honestly aren’t spectacular so if you want an honest opinion WAIT until-after fireworks to get treats too the lines are dead as the heard stormed the treat trails at first then didn’t care about them!

- TAKE ALL THE PHOTOPASS PHOTOS so many Christmas memories and great photos your family will be provided with...I can’t even begin to tell you how great the photopass service is and they will always take your own photos as a back up! The one night memory maker is available and I used the heck out of it!

the popcorn buckets and sippers were being sold in limited quantities each day. The first day the Jingle bell sippers, tree buckets and Mickey elves were sold at AK they were reported sold out at 1:30 but that was just for that day.

We were at AK the next day and they had them all back in stock but didn’t put them out until around 1 pm. Tons of people were in line at rope drop for them and we heard many of them coordinating now many orders they had to fill. The CMs told everyone the buckets and sippers were coming out but they don’t know what time because they’re “waiting on a shipment”. I have no proof to back it up but I believe they did it intentionally this way because of the lines of resellers 🤷🏼‍♀️

one personal shopper has about 30 of each. and, all personal shoppers i have seen on FB have about the same, selling them for $50 each!!!

Again, I've not seen anyone post here that those items are sold out so I don't know where you're getting that information.

Currently on ShopDisney two of the Holiday bags are still available:
Crossbody $198 / Satchel $268
View attachment 452226

LINK

Only the Holiday Tote is sold out online
View attachment 452228
but that doesn't mean it's sold out park wide and many places carry them. If it's the Tote she wants try calling your local Disney Store as they had them in mine and people often return them there too, so keep trying.

As for the Exclusive AP Tote it's only sold park wide and never at ShopDisney. View attachment 452229
Sold at The Dress Shop in Disney Springs and Uptown Jewelers in Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. I've not heard or read if these bags are sold at the Emporium but I think they might as the The Dress Shop dresses are sold there.

When are you going?

got friends that are cms. they were sold out, now restocked.

I don't know why they don't ban these people - they banned two DL AP holders last Christmas for this. Should have kept doing it.

I will be angry if I get there on December 1st and there is no holiday merchandise left.

i asked about this last year a few times and each of the cms got nasty with me. their replies like "well, if there was a way to regulate it disney would have already thought of it" or "i am not sure what you expect us to do. how are we supposed to monitor that and keep track or who buys what at every store?". my guess is due to sheer size it is more difficult in FL than cali.

does anybody take a baggie in with them to carry their treats out? i have GERD and cannot eat late, but i paid for the treats so i would still like to try them

make sure you do all the party exclusives...you’ll be walking a lot but I literally got everything done I saw the acapella group, Tomorrowland Christmas, fireworks, parade, and stage show. See the second parade and get your spot across from the people who shelled out money for reserved seating, plenty of viewing area for free!

Sorry to ask, but can you just clarify where this parade viewing spot would be? This is my first ever MVMCP and I'm desperate to get a decent spot for the parade! Thank you :)

What time should we line up if we’re wanting to watch the parade on Main Street closest to magic kingdom entrance? I’m assuming parade doesn’t reach that part til like 8:45ish? Or is it closer to 9? Thanks!

Checking in to see if anyone has been able to find what is covered and it’s covered under the meal plan for christmas snacks and food? Really struggling to find that info anywhere. Currently had the quick service plan with intentions to use it for mostly these items but will cancel and go the gift card route if most things aren’t covered. TIA

If you go to beyondthekingdoms.com you can download a pocket guide which gives you a break down of food eligible for DDP snack credits. It's free but I had to provide name & e-mail and they sent me all of their holiday guides (AK, DHS, & MVMCP)

What time should we line up if we’re wanting to watch the parade on Main Street closest to magic kingdom entrance? I’m assuming parade doesn’t reach that part til like 8:45ish? Or is it closer to 9? Thanks!
I was there last Tuesday and the area around Town Square didn't fill up completely until around 8pm.

Parade question... Brother and I aren't that much into parades, so where is the best place to go during that in order to avoid getting stuck? We are BIG Space Mountain people so just hang around there and go on that during the parade? We went to Halloween party and got stuck on Main Street during the parade and couldn't get to any rides as it was all blocked off.

Parade question... Brother and I aren't that much into parades, so where is the best place to go during that in order to avoid getting stuck? We are BIG Space Mountain people so just hang around there and go on that during the parade? We went to Halloween party and got stuck on Main Street during the parade and couldn't get to any rides as it was all blocked off.

As long as you stay anywhere in Fantasyland or Tomorrowland you should be fine. I'm also including Haunted Mansion (I know that's Liberty Square) as that doesn't appear to be blocked by the parade route.

If you go to beyondthekingdoms.com you can download a pocket guide which gives you a break down of food eligible for DDP snack credits. It's free but I had to provide name & e-mail and they sent me all of their holiday guides (AK, DHS, & MVMCP)
Thank you so much for this! Very helpful!

Ok you asked for more tips you got em!

- Book Jingle Cruise as one of your fast passes between 4-6 as theirs a decent line all night for it and you can knock it out without sacrificing party time!

-Make sure you bring some kind of light jacket with you in the car just in case it was 50 degrees with a breeze when I went! I obviously took my jacket off for photos but keep warm!

- When you come in take a hard right to the bypass for some great photo ops, the good sugar cookie, and some merchandise you can snag without waiting on main street to do so!

- if you wanna squeeze the most out of your party catch the Acapella Group at 9:00 the Totally Tomorrowland Show at 09:25 the fireworks at 10:00 the parade at 11:00 and the last stage show at 11:55. If you keep that timeline it gives you from 6-9 to do all the characters and treats you can squeeze in and you can get quite A few in. Again remember this is a hustle schedule so keep that in mind.

- always see the second parade as the beard clears out after fireworks! Also great viewing on main street which I believe the parade must be scene in order to get the Christmas spirit in full effect.

- the treats honestly aren’t spectacular so if you want an honest opinion WAIT until-after fireworks to get treats too the lines are dead as the heard stormed the treat trails at first then didn’t care about them!

- TAKE ALL THE PHOTOPASS PHOTOS so many Christmas memories and great photos your family will be provided with...I can’t even begin to tell you how great the photopass service is and they will always take your own photos as a back up! The one night memory maker is available and I used the heck out of it!
When did you squeeze in getting the one day memory maker? I plan to get it too but wasn’t too sure if I should get it right when I get in at 4 or can I go back for it later towards the end of the night.

11/15 MVMCP report

We arrived pretty much right at 4. We stopped and got a few photos on the way in. We had a 3:40 FP for BTMRR that we went straight to.

BTMRR (FP+)
POTC
HM
PP (FP+)
IASM
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
A Frozen Wish (6:15)
Met Pooh, Eeyore, Piglet & Tigger (probably about a 45 minute wait)
Mad Tea Party
Met Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum (maybe a 15-20 minute wait)
Dumbo
Met the 7 Dwarfs (probably about a 45 minute wait)
Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks
Monster's Inc Laugh Floor
Met Mary Poppins & Bert
11:00 parade
Space Mountain

We were going to try and meet Jack & Sally too, but the line was moving TOO SLOW and so we skipped out and went back to other stuff.

The 3 of us decided that we like the Christmas party better than the Halloween party (we went last year). This party was not as crowded as it was for us last year and we got a lot more done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!