"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already had the trip planned when the OI dates came out - we'll be at Uni first, then switch to DW. So the OI event lands in our DW time, but we'll just Uber over like we did last year. Going both nights (Dec. 13 &14), then sleeping in on the 15th to get ready for the xmas party that night. I don't drink a lot of caffeine, but it's going to be my best friend on this trip!!

That's so fun! I did the OI meetup in April and it was fantastic. We'll be in DW for the December one, too, so I considered it, but this trip my 18 month old DS will be with us so I opted for just one night at MVMCP since I haven't done that yet. Both sounds like my dream trip though!<3 Maybe when DS gets older...

I watched the fireworks tonight from the grassy area in front of Crystal Palace and the area was not full. Light rain but I didn’t see any smoke issues.
I was surprised earlier in the day to see the Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket for sale in a couple of places.
Had to ask the CM at Storybook Treats for the Minnie waffle wafer on my gingerbread sundae. She insisted it didn’t come with one 😄. I insisted that it did!

Last edited:

I don’t have a giant review to write. But sitting here winding down on my balcony. I thought tonight’s party was perfect. Not crowded at all. They let us in at 3:40. We rode pretty much every single ride as walk on. Was lucky enough to be doing sdmt during the fireworks! It was just magical. And I have more cookies in my bag then we can ever eat!

I don’t have a giant review to write. But sitting here winding down on my balcony. I thought tonight’s party was perfect. Not crowded at all. They let us in at 3:40. We rode pretty much every single ride as walk on. Was lucky enough to be doing sdmt during the fireworks! It was just magical. And I have more cookies in my bag then we can ever eat!

we were there tonight also and agree not crowded at all. I think the rainy forecast kept a lot away.

I'll be there next Friday, solo as a chaperone. Figured I need food anyway and I love the Garden view for fireworks. We did Tony's last year. Best part after the amazing, 100% worthwhile parade view was going inside after the parade. We warmed up with hot chocolate for a while then had a leisurely walk to the monorail and back to Poly. Magical.

I saw in an earlier post that people were still lining up for Jack & Sally around 11:40pm. Is this normal, or do they sometimes cut the line off earlier than that? Wondering if we can queue up after the 11pm parade (going to the party on Tuesday 12/3 if that matters). Thanks!

Has anyone posted photos of all the food available at the party? I'm trying to get a handle on which cookies are fresh baked and which are plastic wrapped baked a month ago, along with things other cookies or special holiday treats. We've never done Christmas before so I'm a little lost. (And yes, I've seen the list of options on the first page, I'm looking for photos)

Has anyone posted photos of all the food available at the party? I'm trying to get a handle on which cookies are fresh baked and which are plastic wrapped baked a month ago, along with things other cookies or special holiday treats. We've never done Christmas before so I'm a little lost. (And yes, I've seen the list of options on the first page, I'm looking for photos)

I thought all of the cookies were wrapped now?? Everything I've seen shows all cookies having been wrapped.

I thought all of the cookies were wrapped now?? Everything I've seen shows all cookies having been wrapped.
yes all the cookies come wrapped now, no distinction on which is which, like naming on them, just a general cookie wrapper
The pretzel is not wrapped, served on a napkin

The cookies, to me, seemed to be of the highly processed nature. Not sure who is making them for Disney. I only really enjoyed one of the cookies. The others were worse than some bought in the grocery store.

The cookies, to me, seemed to be of the highly processed nature. Not sure who is making them for Disney. I only really enjoyed one of the cookies. The others were worse than some bought in the grocery store.

Which in your opinion was the best. Did you also try the pretzels? Thank you!

Which in your opinion was the best. Did you also try the pretzels? Thank you!

I did not make it to find the pretzel. I went to several places that gave me a chocolate, chocolate chip chunk cookie in a red wrapper. I thought they were awful, but if you're hungry, you'd eat it. When I first entered the park, I was directed to an "alley" on the right side of Main Street where they had a cart full of what seemed like a shortbread/sugar Mickey head cookie (although it could be what they called "snickerdoodle.") It was quite large and in a plain, clear plastic wrapper with no writing or anything on it. It was pretty good--as we all know that shortbread, sugar-type cookies do well for the long-term. It wasn't overly sweet and it hit the spot. I didn't make it to all the cookie places because after the chocolate ones, I quickly lost interest in standing in line for subpar cookies and cocoa. I didn't expect much so not that disappointed. But I make it a habit not to waste precious calories on cookies that are worse than something like Chips Ahoy.

We did the party on Nov 11 and the whole night passed very quickly. I thought it was kind of crowded compared to past parties. We only met Aladdin and Abu. The parade was awesome. We watched from in front of Tonys. We did not have a good spot for fireworks, a tree was blocking and it was very crowded. We got a lot of cookies, got snowed on, had fun but wondered where did the night go. We got to the MK at 330 so we had time. Wish I was going back soon!

I watched the fireworks tonight from the grassy area in front of Crystal Palace and the area was not full. Light rain but I didn’t see any smoke issues.
I was surprised earlier in the day to see the Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket for sale in a couple of places.
Had to ask the CM at Storybook Treats for the Minnie waffle wafer on my gingerbread sundae. She insisted it didn’t come with one 😄. I insisted that it did!
We were on a cruise last week and they had tons of oogie boogie popcorn buckets on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts