"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switching Parties
Let's say you did switch for whatever reason. You're now booked for Friday August 23rd but there was a severe storm on Tuesday, Aug 20th party and guests were able to move their party to Friday August 23rd courtesy of Guest Services (provided there was availability), now you're looking at more guests attending the same party as you.
This can and will happen so then does the predictions change too? Nope! TP will review what took place the following year. I don't believe they've ever updated their predictions, I could be wrong but I really don't think so. And there's this...

"I was mildly amused to see that the guy that writes the “Least Crowded Halloween Party” posts for TouringPlans had never actually been to a Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party before. You wonder how many people took advice based on irrelevant data only to find themselves the proud owners of tickets to the not-so-exclusive Mickey’s Very-Sold-Out Seasonal Event." LINK

Choose a date that works best for you and your budget. Having a plan in place will do wonders!

Last edited:
It's the same as the tap styles, the system is looking for the next available ticket. .....
So, you're saying that when each individual taps in the system looks for the next available ticket for that individual? And sometimes it gets messed up and will accidentally pick the next available ticket as one of the person's park tickets? So it is wise to not even try to tap in before 4, although what you've posted suggests they hold the party people to the side before 4 so it lessens the chance of the wrong ticket being used. ???

I'm not anticipating an issue, I honestly didn't know there weren't designated party lines based on my experience last year of being directed through with the other party people. It's good to know and understand though.

Why would you switch is it because of the Predictions?
One reason is that it is cheaper and I was wondering if crowds would be less, since it is still August and not so close to Halloween. The temperature does concern me to some degree and potential rain.

I dunno... I’m a TP subscriber and appreciate their analytics and what they attempt to offer with their product, but IMHO one important factor they don’t appear to take into account (or at least don’t mention) is pricing/discounts. I am more convinced than ever that as the prices have seen material increases over the last few years, the varying party prices and availablility of CM/AP/DVC/military discounts (or lack thereof) both have a material influence in spreading people around.

I’ve said this before, but we did two parties last year: Friday 9/21 and Friday 10/5 (the Friday before Columbus Day). 9/21 was cheaper and had an AP discount. 10/5 was materially more expensive with no discounts. Both had similar weather.

The two parties were night and day. After 9/21, I was joining the rampant “too crowded” chorus that permeated the MNSSHP thread throughout August and September. 10/5 was SO much better... shockingly better. Granted when I say ‘better’ it was more the overall park crowd - parades, TOT lines, etc. I probably would peg ride times around the same at both (within a margin of error).

For 2018, 9/21 was ranked #18 and 10/5 was ranked #27. TP ranks those same two Fridays this year as #20 (9/20) and #31 (10/11).

Anyway, no right or wrong in this discussion, just one person’s feelings from two nights. And my long winded way of saying I wouldn’t overthink the predictions if they don’t look “good” on your night. Every party is some shade of grey crowded to some extent - a good plan and proper expectations are always good keys for success.

So, you're saying that when each individual taps in the system looks for the next available ticket for that individual? And sometimes it gets messed up and will accidentally pick the next available ticket as one of the person's park tickets? So it is wise to not even try to tap in before 4, although what you've posted suggests they hold the party people to the side before 4 so it lessens the chance of the wrong ticket being used. ???

I'm not anticipating an issue, I honestly didn't know there weren't designated party lines based on my experience last year of being directed through with the other party people. It's good to know and understand though.

Disney's system isn't perfect and I don't think anyone is anticipating having an issue when they go to the parks but it does happen. Over the years it has decreased significantly. As I stated earlier I did not see anyone posting issues in 2018.

Regardless of what method you use to get into MK on your party night magicband or party ticket I'm sure you'll have a great time!

I dunno... I’m a TP subscriber and appreciate their analytics and what they attempt to offer with their product,

I couldn't agree more. I think it's amazing they offer the Predictions at all considering there are so many variables in play and the weather is the biggest one along with rides unexpectedly breaking down too. You cannot predict these things.

Ughh...I'm going to the first party because it's my only option. I hate going in blind. Clearly, if I'm on this site, I'm a planner. Not planning is killing me.
Same here...plus we will be on a cruise until the the morning of the 16th so I can’t look at any late releases until the day of the party. My “normal” side had to talk my “OCD” side down off the ledge and realize that I’m going to just have to go with the flow on some things. Definitely not my style! 😬

We are seriously going to RD HS the next day at 6am. Pray for us. :rotfl:
[/QUOTE
Same Here -party on Sept 6 , HS on Sept 7, hoping to hold out til our ADR at 1120-and hoping we can then get back in for our SDD fast pass and Fantasmic dining package! Praying for us all!

Heads Up! - Hocus Pocus Merchandise

Just got back from the Disney Store and they have the 2019 Hocus Pocus merchandise in stock, take a look see....

Women's Witch Museum Slub T-Shirt $24.95

Sanderson Amuck Spirit Jersey $59.95 Front / Back

Lit the Black Flame Candle (lined) Jacket $59.99
Front / Back

Note these items are not available at ShopDisney at this time. Most likely they'll appear after the "Up to 25% Sale" is over.

((Disclaimer: sorry if this is already posted somewhere I couldn't find anything on here, I'm not super skilled at navigating on here yet)

I'm extremely excited to be going to my first MNSSHP!

I'm going to the Sept 10th party. I know there is no stright forward answer (especially because who knows what is going to happen after Star Wars opens)

In past experiences what are lines like for the characters? (again I know things like jack and Sally and the dwarfs will always be longer)

Our only park day is for the party so I still want to make time for some rides. I'm just trying to get a idea of how many characters I can try to fit in

((Disclaimer: sorry if this is already posted somewhere I couldn't find anything on here, I'm not super skilled at navigating on here yet)

I'm extremely excited to be going to my first MNSSHP!

I'm going to the Sept 10th party. I know there is no stright forward answer (especially because who knows what is going to happen after Star Wars opens)

In past experiences what are lines like for the characters? (again I know things like jack and Sally and the dwarfs will always be longer)

Our only park day is for the party so I still want to make time for some rides. I'm just trying to get a idea of how many characters I can try to fit in

The best thing you can do is take a look at the: 2018 Itinerary Thread
On the first page are fellow DISer's who have created itineraries based on rides and characters. This should help you gauge how much time you need.

Might be a silly question but I got my tickets through yesterday for mnsshp from attraction tickets direct here in the U.K. the tickets are just generic green cards with fast pass+ written over them, just checking this is correct and the tickets aren’t supposed to be party themed?

Might be a silly question but I got my tickets through yesterday for mnsshp from attraction tickets direct here in the U.K. the tickets are just generic green cards with fast pass+ written over them, just checking this is correct and the tickets aren’t supposed to be party themed?
Yes, they are generic tickets. It threw me off the first time too!

Fellow partiers, an annoying question:

Is it possible to do BOTH the firework dessert party with plaza garden viewing AND the Cruella snacks and drinks with parade viewing???? The Cruella event is down at Tony's and says the seating is for the 2nd parade. I would imagine the fireworks would be before the second parade.

Any thoughts on this??? I currently have the firework dessert party but want the good viewing spots for the darn parade.

Thanks in advance for helping a friend out!

Fellow partiers, an annoying question:

Is it possible to do BOTH the firework dessert party with plaza garden viewing AND the Cruella snacks and drinks with parade viewing???? The Cruella event is down at Tony's and says the seating is for the 2nd parade. I would imagine the fireworks would be before the second parade.

Any thoughts on this??? I currently have the firework dessert party but want the good viewing spots for the darn parade.

Thanks in advance for helping a friend out!
IF you only care about the viewing areas I think it’s totally possible. You don’t have to be at the parade viewing area until 11pm or close to that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter