"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer your first question, we’ve been discussing this a lot the last few days here. Historically, I thought they did light the castle prior to the first party, but the recent announcement about the Frozen Holiday Wish sounds like maybe not.

I meant time wise.. not the date..
like I think the show where Elsa officially lights the castle at 7 pm or something.. is it lit before then, or not until she officially lights it at the time of the night? I dont know if my question makes sense! I want to get a pic with the castle all lit up, but dont necessarily want to wait for her show, or to even really watch it for that matter.

No party exclusive shots are available prior to 7.

I had a feeling.. thank you!!

Just scored a 4:25pm ADR for BoG on 11/16. Woo-hoo!

We typically like to eat at 2:45pm and 4pm and attend 2 parties. This year going at Thanksgiving vs our usual December, only going to 1 party. This only night that BoG really works for us, and DD10 prefers the rides, parades, fireworks, shows. Me characters! So I really need a GREAT touring plan. First World Problems. :santa:

I'm hoping it won't be too busy of a party but I'll have fun either way!
Historically it has sold out. We are going for 9 nights and could totally go to a different party, but I like the idea of it being our last night. Also, we can stay up late not worrying about getting up early the next day. We have 2-3 other days at Magic Kingdom so we are just going for the party stuff.

I just found out that I will be receiving a free ticket to the party on November 8th as part of my TA training. I have been to a Christmas party in the past, and honestly, didn't love it enough to think I would ever be back. But I'll take free.

Anyways, since my ticket is free I have been thinking about adding a dessert party. Does anyone have experience with them and are they worth it? I am a little bummed to see neither comes with special parade viewing.

I just found out that I will be receiving a free ticket to the party on November 8th as part of my TA training. I have been to a Christmas party in the past, and honestly, didn't love it enough to think I would ever be back. But I'll take free.

Anyways, since my ticket is free I have been thinking about adding a dessert party. Does anyone have experience with them and are they worth it? I am a little bummed to see neither comes with special parade viewing.

I keep going back and forth on this too.. but i didnt get a free ticket!!! you dontget a parade view, or the mickey show either... I dont even know if there is a photopass photographer there... cant seem to find much info on the holiday wishes party!

It was totally worth it with the parade viewing. We attended 2 parties last year, no Dessert Party, loved it. View is kind of obstructed, so Garden View (new offering as of last year???) better view and cheaper, but no seats. Obviously, did party for parade viewing in 2016. Prior to parade viewing being offered for MVMCP (offered for MNSSHP many years before MVMCP), we did it b/c of DD age (2014), so it was worth it and it worked for us. Now, not worth it for us. Last year, Main Street by Casey's on 1 night and in Frontierland on the other night. LOVED it!

Historically it has sold out. We are going for 9 nights and could totally go to a different party, but I like the idea of it being our last night. Also, we can stay up late not worrying about getting up early the next day. We have 2-3 other days at Magic Kingdom so we are just going for the party stuff.

That's awesome! I know I will struggle with doing party stuff versus rides but I'm hoping with our three FPs before the party starts we can get our favorites out of the way and then just enjoy the party! We probably won't wait for characters but the parade and fireworks are a must for me!

This will be my first time attending the party and I was wondering if we have an ECV, where would be a good spot to watch the parade from? And how early would we need to get to said spot?

Thanks!!!

Just scored a 4:25pm ADR for BoG on 11/16. Woo-hoo!

We typically like to eat at 2:45pm and 4pm and attend 2 parties. This year going at Thanksgiving vs our usual December, only going to 1 party. This only night that BoG really works for us, and DD10 prefers the rides, parades, fireworks, shows. Me characters! So I really need a GREAT touring plan. First World Problems. :santa:

We will be at that party as well! It is our arrival day. We get there early in the morning and will probably be in MK for a half day and then are doing Tony’s for dinner. Our BOG is on Wednesday the 21st.

We will be at that party as well! It is our arrival day. We get there early in the morning and will probably be in MK for a half day and then are doing Tony’s for dinner. Our BOG is on Wednesday the 21st.

Sweet. We will arrive ~11pm 11/15 or early morning 11/16. Have a late breakfast @ resort for 10:30am. Plan to head to park around 2pm.

I meant time wise.. not the date..
like I think the show where Elsa officially lights the castle at 7 pm or something.. is it lit before then, or not until she officially lights it at the time of the night? I dont know if my question makes sense! I want to get a pic with the castle all lit up, but dont necessarily want to wait for her show, or to even really watch it for that matter.
It lights for the night when she lights it. On party nights, when there are 2 shows, it will be dark for a bit before the second show, but otherwise stays lit all night long.

My party night too! Woooo! :yay::santa::yay::santa:

Hello!
I am sorry if this is a "dumb" question, but what Disney movies should I see before the party?
To kind of "warm up" for the Christmas Party and other "Christmas things" at WDW
We are going November 8 to the party (we will be in WDW from November 3-10) YAY...
And, after seeing these movies I have too se..???..... characters?

Thank you, from Adèle in Norway (sitting with here with my leg hight because of an injurie and hopes it heals before our trip "LOL")

We are attending a party and I just managed to snag a dinner reservation for BOG at 4:00. We don’t have tickets for the park that day, except the Christmas party tickets. What are the chances I can make that reservation in time? I will continue looking for a better time, but wanted to grab this one while it was available. Thanks!

We are attending a party and I just managed to snag a dinner reservation for BOG at 4:00. We don’t have tickets for the park that day, except the Christmas party tickets. What are the chances I can make that reservation in time? I will continue looking for a better time, but wanted to grab this one while it was available. Thanks!

Keep ADR. May start letting MVMCP guests in 3:45-3:50pm. Guests typically can enter at 4, but possible to be a little before, it happens. Just get to MK to be in front of line & head straight to BoG, no stops. :santa:

Hello!
I am sorry if this is a "dumb" question, but what Disney movies should I see before the party?
To kind of "warm up" for the Christmas Party and other "Christmas things" at WDW
We are going November 8 to the party (we will be in WDW from November 3-10) YAY...
And, after seeing these movies I have too se..???..... characters?

Thank you, from Adèle in Norway (sitting with here with my leg hight because of an injurie and hopes it heals before our trip "LOL")
Good luck healing before you’re trip! My top recommendation would be nightmare before Christmas and since you’re going to one of the first parties it’s a great transition between Halloween and Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter