"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really bummed. I tried two different photographers to get the cookie magic shot and instead they put Tinkerbell in her green outfit in my hands. I got the Santa suit one with my hand help up. Do you think if I contact them and tell them it was supposed to be the cookie shot, they can change it?

This morning we bought tickets for 12/13 online with our DVC discount. The tickets are linked to DH and me (both DVC members) in our MDE. Do we still have to go to a ticket booth or GR to pick up tickets, or can we just enter through the party entrance by scanning our MBs?

We are attending this Friday's (12/14) party and are lining up for Jack & Sally at 4:30-5pm. What wait time should I expect by lining up at that time? Or should we wait until after the fireworks? Thanks in advance!

I see that tix are non-refundable, but does anybody know if they are good about exchanging them for a different date?

I've been putting off buying until the weather report is a little more reliable, but I'm afraid my date will sell out. There are 3 parties during our week. I'm planning on the 1st one, but could easily make the 2nd one work and the 3rd with some struggle.

Not freezing to death is important to me.

I would buy the one you planned around, and if need be try and change it. I highly doubt there will be an issue switching the date if you change your mind as long as the other party isn't sold out. There are always reports of people even getting refunds if plans change. If the CM gives you an answer you don't like hang up and call again!

The weather has been so crazy until the day before/day of! It was supposed to pour all Sunday. This morning was pretty brutal, but is cleared up around 1/2pm and was a beautiful night with a slight breeze. It would be have been great for MVMCP! The rest of the week has also changed drastically from just yesterday. I am playing it day-by-day.

We are attending this Friday's (12/14) party and are lining up for Jack & Sally at 4:30-5pm. What wait time should I expect by lining up at that time? Or should we wait until after the fireworks? Thanks in advance!

The line moves slow because they are so entertaining, and joke around. The difference between a 4 and 4:30 arrival, the wait could go from 15-20 minutes (people start lining up before 4, if they have day tickets) to an hour, depending on crowds.

Looks like there will be rain this coming Friday for our MVMCP :( Ok we've all dealt with rain at WDW, gotta get over that :oops:......just curious about its impacts on the party? Does it tend to keep crowds down?

Thoughts

Doug :goofy:

Looks like there will be rain this coming Friday for our MVMCP :( Ok we've all dealt with rain at WDW, gotta get over that :oops:......just curious about its impacts on the party? Does it tend to keep crowds down?

Thoughts

Crowds are lower. And they do tend to move characters into unexpected (covered) locations on a rainy night. People don't think to ask, so be sure to ask around to find them. Once you do, I would expect lines to be much shorter than usual. Also, if major elements get cancelled (parade, shows, fireworks) be sure to wait out the long line in guest relations. In past years they have offered tickets for another night or a one day park ticket.

Thoughts

We will be there too! Ponchos and go! Praying for shorter lines.

Crowds are lower. And they do tend to move characters into unexpected (covered) locations on a rainy night. People don't think to ask, so be sure to ask around to find them. Once you do, I would expect lines to be much shorter than usual. Also, if major elements get cancelled (parade, shows, fireworks) be sure to wait out the long line in guest relations. In past years they have offered tickets for another night or a one day park ticket.
Thanks! I'll do the guest relations thing if it applies. Can't really use a ticket for a different party as we're only in town for the weekend.........but an extra park ticket would be marvelous! :-) In the end I hope nothing does get cancelled.

I am really bummed. I tried two different photographers to get the cookie magic shot and instead they put Tinkerbell in her green outfit in my hands. I got the Santa suit one with my hand help up. Do you think if I contact them and tell them it was supposed to be the cookie shot, they can change it?
They’ve been able to add magic that has been missing from my photos before, so don’t see why they wouldn’t be able to add a different effect. Definitely worth contacting them to check!!

We were in line for them at 3:45....the people who got in line as they were starting (4:30) were told at least a 2 hour wait, leaning toward a 2.5 hour wait. The line was wrapped around 3 times in the waiting area of the theater.

We were in line for them at 3:45....the people who got in line as they were starting (4:30) were told at least a 2 hour wait, leaning toward a 2.5 hour wait. The line was wrapped around 3 times in the waiting area of the theater.
Well based on this information we'll be getting in line as soon as we arrive at 4pm. :-) Can't get in earlier as we don't have a park ticket.

Well based on this information we'll be getting in line as soon as we arrive at 4pm. :-) Can't get in earlier as we don't have a park ticket.

Often they’ll start letting people in at 3:45. If Jack and Sally are your priority, plan to be at the tapstyles no later than 3:30 and head right there once you enter - wristbands will be distributed inside the theater.

Often they’ll start letting people in at 3:45. If Jack and Sally are your priority, plan to be at the tapstyles no later than 3:30 and head right there once you enter - wristbands will be distributed inside the theater.

This is our plan as this is my daughter's top must do. :)

Currently saying a low of 44 for Dec 16, my party night. As the night draws closer, I really hope this ends up being true!

I’m wearing the disney store minnie christmas sweater, but I might need a long sleeve underneath if it truly goes down to the low 50’s/40’s. And gloves for my cold hands. My hands get so cold, I can’t stand it. I know I’m overreacting, but I’m from South Florida: land of humidty!

Currently saying a low of 44 for Dec 16, my party night. As the night draws closer, I really hope this ends up being true!

I’m wearing the disney store minnie christmas sweater, but I might need a long sleeve underneath if it truly goes down to the low 50’s/40’s. And gloves for my cold hands. My hands get so cold, I can’t stand it. I know I’m overreacting, but I’m from South Florida: land of humidty!

At least that sounds a little better than what's forecast for tomorrows party!

Actually, I've been watching 3 different weather sites and only Accuweather has the 16th for low of 44 right now. The other 2 have it as 51. Big difference IMO. They all had it lower a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter