"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Reading about everyone's good time makes me want to cry. I went 10/31 and was miserable. This was my first time. I think it was because I was up at 5:30 for the Toy Story Land Early Morning Magic and did not rest between the parties. Was able to get a last minute lunch ADR for BOG.

After lunch, some FP, and to find a Fuel Rod for my phone I went to get wristband by Buzz and a lady was having words with a cast member about getting her and her daughters wristbands. She did not want to get in line and sent a friend. Cast member told her she had to get in line. She was not happy and tried to get me involved and I did not know her!

Waited in line to see Stitch for almost and hour and the line was short and not moving. Then got into line at Cosmic Ray for Candy. Did not take long. Saw the magic shot for the Candy Corn. The guy with the light had the energy! Only one picture turned out. Tried to get in line at Pinocchio and saw two ladies ram their strollers into each other trying to get into the line. Then they screamed at each other because their strollers were locked. Yes there was kids in the strollers. Tried to get into the line again and 4 different families where shoving and screaming at others and cutting into line. Decided not to get into the line.

Went to Haunted Mansion and had a 50 minute wait so I skipped it. Saw another candy line at Columbia Harbour House I believe. Could not find the end so I found a spot for parade by the Hall of Presidents. It was an hour before so I decided just to rest. Had a great spot to watch. The parade came toward me and then turned. Overhead a lady say a man got into an argument with her (not sure why) and he spit on her. Other people sit behind me and kept shoving into me. I was wearing a shirt with a cape and they kept pulling on the cape. It was not long...just to my waist. When the parade started they placed their small daughter in front of the lady next to me as they asked "can my daughter get in front of you". The little girl got scared and ran back to her family.

Parade was awesome and everything I had hoped. Wreck it Ralf and Grave Diggers was my favorite. After parade was mad house with people trying to clear the area. Sat and waited for it to clear. Decided to head to the "by pass" and by some miracle found the Grave Diggers at the Gazebo and took some photos. Made it to the "by pass" and a cast member said they closed it at 8. Sad to miss it. Could not get near the magic shots on Main Street and fireworks was about to start. Found a spot with a bench by the bridge by Cosmic Ray's. When fireworks started I had to stand and the family next to me (arguing the whole time I sat by them) shoved their kid in front of me and I totally lost the magic. I left and made my way to the buses.

Next day I had dinner with my friend that is doing the Disney College Program and she worked at the Big Top store by Dumbo. She was telling me how Security had to be called because two dads got into a fistfight. She told me that I need to come back next year when it is not so busy.

No candy, hardly no pictures, and seeing so many rude people did not justify the amount of money I wasted.

Now the Toy Story Land Early Morning Magic was awesome and would do that again. Just will not do two parties on the same day.

Reading about everyone's good time makes me want to cry. I went 10/31 and was miserable. This was my first time. I think it was because I was up at 5:30 for the Toy Story Land Early Morning Magic and did not rest between the parties. Was able to get a last minute lunch ADR for BOG.

After lunch, some FP, and to find a Fuel Rod for my phone I went to get wristband by Buzz and a lady was having words with a cast member about getting her and her daughters wristbands. She did not want to get in line and sent a friend. Cast member told her she had to get in line. She was not happy and tried to get me involved and I did not know her!

Waited in line to see Stitch for almost and hour and the line was short and not moving. Then got into line at Cosmic Ray for Candy. Did not take long. Saw the magic shot for the Candy Corn. The guy with the light had the energy! Only one picture turned out. Tried to get in line at Pinocchio and saw two ladies ram their strollers into each other trying to get into the line. Then they screamed at each other because their strollers were locked. Yes there was kids in the strollers. Tried to get into the line again and 4 different families where shoving and screaming at others and cutting into line. Decided not to get into the line.

Went to Haunted Mansion and had a 50 minute wait so I skipped it. Saw another candy line at Columbia Harbour House I believe. Could not find the end so I found a spot for parade by the Hall of Presidents. It was an hour before so I decided just to rest. Had a great spot to watch. The parade came toward me and then turned. Overhead a lady say a man got into an argument with her (not sure why) and he spit on her. Other people sit behind me and kept shoving into me. I was wearing a shirt with a cape and they kept pulling on the cape. It was not long...just to my waist. When the parade started they placed their small daughter in front of the lady next to me as they asked "can my daughter get in front of you". The little girl got scared and ran back to her family.

Parade was awesome and everything I had hoped. Wreck it Ralf and Grave Diggers was my favorite. After parade was mad house with people trying to clear the area. Sat and waited for it to clear. Decided to head to the "by pass" and by some miracle found the Grave Diggers at the Gazebo and took some photos. Made it to the "by pass" and a cast member said they closed it at 8. Sad to miss it. Could not get near the magic shots on Main Street and fireworks was about to start. Found a spot with a bench by the bridge by Cosmic Ray's. When fireworks started I had to stand and the family next to me (arguing the whole time I sat by them) shoved their kid in front of me and I totally lost the magic. I left and made my way to the buses.

Next day I had dinner with my friend that is doing the Disney College Program and she worked at the Big Top store by Dumbo. She was telling me how Security had to be called because two dads got into a fistfight. She told me that I need to come back next year when it is not so busy.

No candy, hardly no pictures, and seeing so many rude people did not justify the amount of money I wasted.

Now the Toy Story Land Early Morning Magic was awesome and would do that again. Just will not do two parties on the same day.

I'm sorry your night wasn't what you had hoped it would be. I've had nights like that, where everything just seems to go wrong and it just seems to keep piling on. I know I struggle to not let it ruin my entire night or event, and am not always successful! Luckily I have not had one of those nights at something like MNSSHP! I hope you still managed to have some fun, and that the next time you attend a hard ticket event you have a wonderful time and instead of stumbling on all of the people in bad moods you run into the people having a great time that can lift your night up as well! :hug:

I would agree with others in saying sorry for your experience on Halloween at MNSSHP. I think you probably hit the nail on the head with your diagnosis of at least part of the problem being exhaustion from your early morning. For us, the party was the first thing we did on our trip. We flew in the night before and didn't have to be at the parks until 2:00 on Halloween for our DVC entrance into the party. A morning at the pool and an easy lunch at the resort were just what we needed to start the day.

Getting in at 2:00 when the crowds were surprisingly low made a huge difference as well. We got so much in early that it gave us the ability to be flexible at night when the crowds did get bigger. We too grabbed a last minute spot at BOG (a first for us). I had never been there before and it was always because I didn't think the menu was a good fit for our family. Now I know I was right and the $220 we spent on dinner was probably not worth it. The parade and fireworks were amazing and we followed many who said skip the first parade and watch the second somewhere other than Main Street. We watched it in Liberty Square area and were able to sit on the ground and watch it from the first row.

I didn't see the crazy you saw but I saw a lot of crowds especially before the fireworks. Our line for HM said 45 min and it was not quite that, but the worst line we waited in all night. But we new that because it was Halloween that would be a long one. Characters aren't a big deal for us so we didn't wait in those lines. We did find candy early, late and often and though we didn't fill up a back pack with it, we got all we wanted and it didn't seem they were going to run out. At first the lines were a bit much so we just waited and they were nothing later. Compared to the last time we went, years ago, they seemed to be giving out more candy now then they were back then. I hope you give it another chance and possibly on a different, less crowded, less expensive night.

After playing phone tag with John in customer relations over merchandise selling out in advance, I talked with him this morning and repeated my concerns, particularly since some merchandise sold out weeks in advance of Halloween. He and George thanked me for my email and assured me that he would pass them along to the appropriate persons. I told him that it was more of a separate disappointment and we had a great time at MNNSHP. He then surprised me, saying Disney still had some of the previous year’s oogie boogie buckets around and would mail me one at no cost. He then floored me by asking me how many people usually come with me to the Halloween Party. After I responded, he said a couple of tickets for next year’s MNNSHP would be available to me once they went on sale, also at no charge. I was expecting more FP’s when he started that sentence, so I was way beyond pleasantly surprised. I really doubted if we would go back next year but our plans changed this morning. This is the first time that I have ever experienced Disney pixie dust and IT IS FANTASTIC!

After playing phone tag with John in customer relations over merchandise selling out in advance, I talked with him this morning and repeated my concerns, particularly since some merchandise sold out weeks in advance of Halloween. He and George thanked me for my email and assured me that he would pass them along to the appropriate persons. I told him that it was more of a separate disappointment and we had a great time at MNNSHP. He then surprised me, saying Disney still had some of the previous year’s oogie boogie buckets around and would mail me one at no cost. He then floored me by asking me how many people usually come with me to the Halloween Party. After I responded, he said a couple of tickets for next year’s MNNSHP would be available to me once they went on sale, also at no charge. I was expecting more FP’s when he started that sentence, so I was way beyond pleasantly surprised. I really doubted if we would go back next year but our plans changed this morning. This is the first time that I have ever experienced Disney pixie dust and IT IS FANTASTIC!
Wow that’s amazing. Seems like they really went out of their way for you! My response back from them was so generic lol. All they said was I could buy the merchandise on the app.

Uggh, that's rough! When it's crowded, sometimes it's hard to avoid the general rudeness. We had a less than magical time last year, so we skipped going in the Fall this year, but because of Fall Break, I'm thinking about Fall 2019 (plus, we'll have an AP, so at least the tickets will be covered and we may get a small MNSSHP discount). We had rain during our evening and that threw the plans off as we didn't know if/when the parade would run, some shows were canceled, and fireworks started late. There weren't announcements about the rescheduling of these events, so we stood around waiting in the rain, and then we finally gave up and did something else, and *then* some of these events started. It was just really awkward, we couldn't get the timing right and wound up standing around a lot waiting and then missing some of the things we had looked forward to.

We also encountered that there weren't enough CMs for what needed to take place to keep up with the crowds (which is something that may have contributed to the rudeness you experienced - if there aren't enough CMs to keep things in order, it's more of a free-for-all). One of the things we saw were super dirty tables outside of Casey's. Entire baskets of fries and food on the floor, getting stepped on, and with the rain, ketchup smeared on tables, just a huge and disgusting mess. Ideally, whoever dropped the food should have picked it up and put it in the trash, but clearly that guest was rude and didn't do that. But, there weren't any CMs around to clean it.

Thats the email to get results with like I said. Happy for you!

Planning for next year?

I know it's probably too early for some people but there's only 346 days until next Halloween (!) so I'm wondering about my next MNSSHP. Galaxy's Edge is set to open in Fall of 2019. How will that impact the Halloween parties? Any thoughts?

We switch to Disneyland on some years, but I'm not sure if DL would be any better. :confused3

Planning for next year?

I know it's probably too early for some people but there's only 346 days until next Halloween (!) so I'm wondering about my next MNSSHP. Galaxy's Edge is set to open in Fall of 2019. How will that impact the Halloween parties? Any thoughts?

We switch to Disneyland on some years, but I'm not sure if DL would be any better. :confused3
Galaxy's Edge will almost definitely not be open by Halloween next year. Most projections put it no earlier than Thanksgiving. So I think you’d be safe planning for WDW next year (whereas DL’s will open in the summer, so I’d avoid that park for a while!!!)

Did they say they would make changes allowing guests who have resort reservations and tickets to purchase exclusive items prior to their trips? For me, that's the only resolution as items will still sell out for those attending in October.

Planning for next year?

My theory is that GE will open around the time of episode IX since it just falls under the perimeter of fall (winter 2019 begins December 21st) so it may effect the latter Christmas parties but not Halloween

Did they say they would make changes allowing guests who have resort reservations and tickets to purchase exclusive items prior to their trips? For me, that's the only resolution as items will still sell out for those attending in October.
I agree with you. I think that would help solve their problem. I emailed two different Disney accounts and both of their responses were pretty bad. One person told me I could buy the merchandise on the app...okay I would’ve done that if that was actually possible. The second person basically said sorry but these items are high demand and basically will sell out.

I agree with you. I think that would help solve their problem. I emailed two different Disney accounts and both of their responses were pretty bad. One person told me I could buy the merchandise on the app...okay I would’ve done that if that was actually possible. The second person basically said sorry but these items are high demand and basically will sell out.

Darn it! On the Itinerary thread I have "sold out" on some items in bold but not the date when they were reported.
I wonder what was gone in September.
My friend wanted the Halloween Resort mug but when she arrived on Oct 31st they were not available along with other exclusive items at Magic Kingdom. I was able to buy the Hocus Pocus 25th Anniversary ornament, it was the only thing on my list. :-)

My theory is that GE will open around the time of episode IX since it just falls under the perimeter of fall (winter 2019 begins December 21st) so it may effect the latter Christmas parties but not Halloween
We'll be there Dec 9-15th 2019. I'm one of those who hope GE will be open when we're there. My 26 yo ds is coming with us along with our dil and then 15 month old granddaughter. I was hoping LATE FALL 2019 doesn't mean Dec 20th!

Darn it! On the Itinerary thread I have "sold out" on some items in bold but not the date when they were reported.
I wonder what was gone in September.
My friend wanted the Halloween Resort mug but when she arrived on Oct 31st they were not available along with other exclusive items at Magic Kingdom. I was able to buy the Hocus Pocus 25th Anniversary ornament, it was the only thing on my list. :-)
We weren’t able to get a resort mug when we arrived October 23 or our entire trip. There were quite a few things we weren’t able to buy. It’s fine I guess but to be completely honest I don’t see us going back for fall anytime soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter