"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Like the rest of you, I was super excited to see blue dates for the dessert parties only to be deflated again when the times weren't bookable. Something is still a bit wonky though because the start time for the terrace version is later than the garden view which makes no sense, even if there was no parade with the terrace version (which the description still clearly states it does), they would both start at the same time. My guess is we'll see a correction in times first and then it will be live. How long that will take is anybody's guess at this point.

Funny, after a night of sleep after a day yesterday in 100 degrees at school field day all day, I see clearly now. :rolleyes1
Those times do not make sense. :teeth:

Last edited:
With regards to a separate account for party tix, how do you scan for FPS, do you use your party tix?

In addition, if we do this can we use a regular park tix and get FP and then use party tix to get 3 more and have some overlap?

Thanks!!!
This thread went on and on about Party tickets.
Can you still book extra FPs using a party ticket?

Disney allows 3 booked FPs per ticket entitlement. No one knows if Party tickets will allow FP booking for the 2018 parties.

So this has been driving me a bit batty (thanks to the wonky times Disney has posted) and my memory is crap, so I went back and looked up previous years times for reference (thanks to these awesome MNSSHP threads from each year) and to help with my sanity. I thought I'd share in case it's not just me!

Boo to You Parade at 9:15 and 11:15
Hallowishes at 10:15
Dessert Party (there were 2 versions terrace and garden) both at 9:15 (or 1 hour before Hallowishes).
No parade viewing option at either party

Boo To You Parade at 8:30 and 11:15
Hallowishes at 10:15
Dessert Party (terrace version only with parade viewing) allowed entry to parade viewing area to start at 7:30 (or one hour before first parade).

On a personal note, I went to the party on both of these years and I specifically remember in 2016 that I didn't bother showing up to the parade viewing area until a little past 8:00 because I didn't see the need to sit and wait for over an hour in a reserved seating area. In hindsight another 15 or 20 minutes later would've been just fine as well.

Based on my little bit of research and my own humble opinion, I believe the "know before you go" for both versions of the party this year need to be worked on and the times for each need to be corrected. Makes you wonder why they would even bother posting it until they had the details sorted.

Funny, after a night of sleep after a day yesterday in 100 degrees at school field day all day, I see clearly now. :rolleyes1
Those times do not make sense. :teeth:
Atleast the parade info has remained this long.
Is it odd that in the terrace one it states:
Savor frightfully delightful treats and dazzling views of Mickey’s “Boo-To-You” Halloween Parade and the Happy Hallo-Wishes Nighttime Spectacular—additional fee required.
We got out early Friday and yesterday because we don't have A/C lol

I've tried twice and the CMs I had didn't even realize it was something other than the usual HEA dessert parties. For sanity sake, I stopped calling.
I agree, mentioning it to the CMs on the phone won't really help. I'm wondering if anyone has gone online to the 'Contact Us' area and submitted a written request? You will receive a generic response at first but then in a few days should receive a more accurate response. It could be Disney is not even aware of the inconsistencies on the information posted on their website.

I agree, mentioning it to the CMs on the phone won't really help. I'm wondering if anyone has gone online to the 'Contact Us' area and submitted a written request? You will receive a generic response at first but then in a few days should receive a more accurate response. It could be Disney is not even aware of the inconsistencies on the information posted on their website.

Good thought! I have not done this yet but curious if anyone has. To be honest, I'm not sure it makes a ton of difference because they will eventually get the website corrected (hopefully before booking opens). I think we are a small and mighty crowd of impatients waiting on the chance to actually book this thing and probably just need to be patient (I'm not good at that!)

Has anyone contacted Disney directly to question the dessert party descriptions?
I just picked up my phone to call and check on booking and ask about the parade. I got to 1-407 and hung up. I hate calling when it's not known if it's bookable, it just gets awkward.
I just want to get it over with, it's all I have left to book! (FPs done last weekend with CL xFP)
Agree, they are finalizing times, they'll correct the party info, and then it'll release...:surfweb:

Like the rest of you, I was super excited to see blue dates for the dessert parties only to be deflated again when the times weren't bookable. Something is still a bit wonky though because the start time for the terrace version is later than the garden view which makes no sense, even if there was no parade with the terrace version (which the description still clearly states it does), they would both start at the same time. My guess is we'll see a correction in times first and then it will be live. How long that will take is anybody's guess at this point.
Currently, the HEA garden party starts 30 minutes prior to the HEA terrace party, presumably to give the garden people extra time to dine before heading down to grab a spot for the show. This was not the case last year, though, as you noted.

Currently, the HEA garden party starts 30 minutes prior to the HEA terrace party, presumably to give the garden people extra time to dine before heading down to grab a spot for the show. This was not the case last year, though, as you noted.

Based on that, the 1/2 hour stagger for the Hallowishes party is making sense. Assuming there is parade viewing for the terrace version and assuming the parade gets moved up to 8:30 (as it was the last time there was parade viewing), then the terrace dessert people would be arriving for the dessert party portion right around 9:15. Lots of assumptions still though. I'm so impatient for this to be finalized.

It looks like it's live on the website as I just booked the terrace party for 8/24. I'm really only doing it for the parade viewing, which it still clearly states it includes (I took a screenshot of the description as well). I hope we get some reports back from the 8/17 party!

It looks like it's live on the website as I just booked the terrace party for 8/24. I'm really only doing it for the parade viewing, which it still clearly states it includes (I took a screenshot of the description as well). I hope we get some reports back from the 8/17 party!

Weird, it must have opened briefly, bcuz it's not now.

Sometimes I feel like I am on a string and Disney is pulling my strings to see how far I will go. This waiting is terrible. I would rather them not put it on until its live.

This is not allowed although people do this but if you get caught you will lose all your FP’s for that day. Read the thread about FP rules.

This thread went on and on about Party tickets.
Can you still book extra FPs using a party ticket?

Disney allows 3 booked FPs per ticket entitlement. No one knows if Party tickets will allow FP booking for the 2018 parties.

Thank you! I didn’t want to do anything illegal. And to create a new account seemed tedious anyway.

Lucky you! Not up at the moment and I'm also looking for 8/24. I think it's a pretty safe bet the terrace version will have the parade viewing and if it doesn't, you'll have a good case for a refund if/when the description gets updated.

I'm hoping that your little blip of opening is a sign that it will be open for good very soon.

I'm just curious, did the email confirmation you get not anything different than the website about check-in time, etc... that may point to confirming the parade viewing?

Which do you think will be the least crowded park date Sunday, 10/28 or Tuesday, 10/30? It's late in the season so I know they will both be crowded but I'm not sure if the last weekend (Sunday) will be more crowded than the day before Halloween (Tuesday). Thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter