"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What have people been doing for dinner? We were planning on entering the part at 6 for the 9-12 pm DAH in Sept. We have a few FPs scheduled and want to ride 7DMT during the fireworks (our FP is scheduled for 730-830). Eating prior to 6 is going to be a bit early for us.

We are doing the dessert party (which also has savory stuff).

So do you DAH veterans suggest going clockwise around the park? I was going to do that I think.

I like going clockwise, but I don't necessarily like going on Splash that early so I have to make the decision to do it/get wet or come back later. Disney dilemmas.

On 6/30, I actually went towards Tomorrowland when we got there just after 10 because there was a decent lingering day guest crowd (OUAT was at 10pm) and I just wanted a walk-on ride to kill some time - and People Mover fit the bill.

I'll admit, I always end up criss-crossing MK more than I 'should' if I really stopped and tried to be efficient - be it during DAH, a party, or just a regular day.

Waiting for the bus... Greatest night at MK ever! Definitely sold out (I had a friend who couldn't get a ticket at 5pm) but we don't have anything to compare so it was fine.

Went counterclockwise after the HEA AFTER dessert party (only about 40 people there!). Did Buzz, Peoplemover, Pooh, 7 Dwarves, met Cinderella & Elena, Ariel, PP, ate popcorn, then Splash, Pirates, Tinkerbell, and closed oio with Mickey! Only line was Peter Pan (under 10 min) and about 5 min for 7D.

Totally worth it, wouldn't hesitate to do it again!

Our evening was great. Didn’t experience quite the “empty” crowds from past reports but compared to the MVMCPs we’ve been to in the past this was the least we’ve ever seen. Most things were walkons with the only lines we experienced were Peter Pan (5-10 mins) SDMT (10-15) and space mountain always had small wait (2-5 min) and we were not allowed to follow the re-ride path on Space. Also the lines for snacks were always long but we never experienced them being out of anything. In fact at the end of the night they were giving away drinks as fast as they could set them out.

Overall it was a fantastic night! Would do a hundred times over if Disney keeps the crowd levels to what we experienced tonight. Would love to have experienced one of the pre-blogger nights!
*edit to add this was 7/28

Last edited:
We had an awesome time tonight (7/28)! We arrived at 6:15, did some shopping, and saw the last Muppets Show at 6:45 (my favorite thing all night, never saw it before). We had FP+ for Splash, JC, and 7 Dwarfs. Before the official park close, we did those rides, plus Tiki, Pirates, Aladdin, saw some fireworks while on 7D, Winnie, and Barnstormer. We ate dinner at Pecos Bill around 7 PM, so that cost some time, but we still did 9 attractions before DAH. My strategy was to finish Adventure Land before DAH.

From 10-11 pm, we did Dumbo, Teacups, Winnie, Small World, and PP, plus a snack cart. No waits for the rides.

From 11-12, we did HM, BTMR x 2, Splash and 2 snack carts. No waits on rides.

From 12-1, we did Buzz, Astro Orbiter (my only mistake, it took 25 minutes), Space Mtn, and entered 7D at 12:57, and got off at 1:13.

It didn't feel empty, but not crowded either, as we walked on everything. The snack carts never ran out of stuff for us, and we never had to wait more than 5 minutes for snacks. Other than Astro, everything was a practical walk-on. It was an incredible value as we are only in Florida for 2 full days, and this was our only MK day. We did 22 attractions (13 during DAH), dinner, and 3 snacks in about 6.5 hours. My favorite day ever at MK!

I could not have done all this without info from this board (and easywdw), thanks everyone!

What have people been doing for dinner? We were planning on entering the part at 6 for the 9-12 pm DAH in Sept. We have a few FPs scheduled and want to ride 7DMT during the fireworks (our FP is scheduled for 730-830). Eating prior to 6 is going to be a bit early for us.

The crowds were nutty when we arrived at 7. If I had to do it over, I would’ve planned a MK dinner at 7:00, leaving plenty of time to get a spot for fireworks. The Plaza or even Cosmic Ray’s would be just fine. It would’ve been nice to sit in a restaurant in the air conditioning than fight the regular day crowds and heat.

Last edited:
So do you DAH veterans suggest going clockwise around the park? I was going to do that I think.

I’d tour so that Fantasyland is your last stop. Some of the longer waits (7DMT, Pan) are in this area and the crowds thin in the last hour.

Adventure/Frontierland would be first so that I could dry out from Splash Mtn!

Last edited:
We attended the event on 7/21 and had also attended the same March event as Haley. There is no doubt that 7/21 was much more crowded, but we still had a great time. The main issue I had on 7/21 were the length of the lines for snack carts. We did not experience them running out, but also did not run across any empty ones. While ride lines were pretty short, except 7DMT, there will still lines. In March many rides were a complete walk on.

I think the bloggers definitely impacted the crowds. I saw a few of the videos from the week before, and those crowds were more like what we experienced in March. Even with the increase in crowds we would definitely do this event again. We rode much of what we wanted, and the ability to use FP+ for three rides prior to the event helped too. This was our only day at Disney, so for less than a single day ticket with our DVC discount I think it was is absolutely worth it.

We attended the event on 7/21 and had also attended the same March event as Haley. There is no doubt that 7/21 was much more crowded, but we still had a great time. The main issue I had on 7/21 were the length of the lines for snack carts. We did not experience them running out, but also did not run across any empty ones. While ride lines were pretty short, except 7DMT, there will still lines. In March many rides were a complete walk on.

I think the bloggers definitely impacted the crowds. I saw a few of the videos from the week before, and those crowds were more like what we experienced in March. Even with the increase in crowds we would definitely do this event again. We rode much of what we wanted, and the ability to use FP+ for three rides prior to the event helped too. This was our only day at Disney, so for less than a single day ticket with our DVC discount I think it was is absolutely worth it.
They must’ve upped the number of tickets they sold this time around. I hope they don’t keep pushing that number higher.

They must’ve upped the number of tickets they sold this time around. I hope they don’t keep pushing that number higher.
Did you get the email survey? I did and think they are feeling out the attendees to see if they can get away with increasing the number of tickets. I sure hope they don’t! The whole point of DAH is no waits. I’m not interested in it becoming a party or having a party-like atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!