"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I've been reading a long for a while now. Our trip is getting closer and so I thought I would 'out' myself. :) We are going to DAH on 2/15: me, the husband, and daughters age 13 and 10. Our 15th wedding anniversary is the day before, so this is part of our week long celebration. We attended DAH last year in March and my kids talked about it for weeks. We are planning an Epcot morning and will hop over to MK that afternoon. I really really hope that either the event entrance is set up around 4ish like last year or that we do not have to exit and re-enter the park at 7pm!! That just seems like such a waste of time!!

Okay so our original plan was dah and then 2 day base tickets. I’m seriously considering changing our 2day tickets to 3 day park hoppers and then we could get into mk during the day. We have a bog dinner that I would like to use. It might also be nice for our ak day instead of feeling like we need to stay there all day with a base ticket. I’m not sure how much more it will cost but does anyone have thoughts?

That's another good option. If it's nice out, it would be a lovely walk. Thanks!

Absolutely right. I *love* the walk between the Poly and the GF. If they would make it easier to walk from the Contemporary to the TTC I'd do a Monorarail bar crawl without having to get on the Monorail.

Is talking Mickey usually available during the event?

Also, what time do lanyards start counting as Fast Passes? 7pm?

Add me to the January 30th!!!! :hyper: I was only going to book it for my DH, DD12 and maybe my DS9, but said screw it and booked it for all of us. I am the one that really wanted to do it:). Lots of :tink: pixie dust needed that the 2 year will nap well and be able to hang all night.

Got you added!

I took DD3 to a MNSSHP earlier this year. At 11pm, she was doing better than DS7!

But yes, I know what you mean with the nap... mine opted not to that day despite my best efforts. Good luck.

We have a crowd of 8 of us going on the 8th. Mizzphinz and I are the only ones who have done DAH before, so I can't wait to see how much fun the others (all adults) have. Every one of them is a Disney fanatic (one couple got married in front of the HM), so this should be a great time.

Last edited:
Okay so our original plan was dah and then 2 day base tickets. I’m seriously considering changing our 2day tickets to 3 day park hoppers and then we could get into mk during the day. We have a bog dinner that I would like to use. It might also be nice for our ak day instead of feeling like we need to stay there all day with a base ticket. I’m not sure how much more it will cost but does anyone have thoughts?
How old is your niece? Is your party an 8 or 9 pm start? Will staying up late be a struggle for her?

What is your reason for wanting DAH? Empty park? Multiple rides on a few attractions? With one sold out event in the books and another about to take place, we shall see if the empty park syndrome happens. So far this event is more popular and more attended than in the past.

Do you have a plan for the day of the party up until 7 pm? Pool time, DS, resort hopping? Is it something your niece will enjoy, or is that time better spent in a park?

Given you are questioning DAH, I would say go with your gut. IMHO a Hopper gives you more flexibility and allows you to enjoy your BOG ressie. I have tickets for the 3/8 event and am having serious second thoughts. The longer wait times, not being able to get in till 7... I have an AP, so I would probably enter the park early, but having to exit and reenter to get my lanyard??? What a pain!

No matter what you decide, though, I am sure you will have a good time!

How old is your niece? Is your party an 8 or 9 pm start? Will staying up late be a struggle for her?

What is your reason for wanting DAH? Empty park? Multiple rides on a few attractions? With one sold out event in the books and another about to take place, we shall see if the empty park syndrome happens. So far this event is more popular and more attended than in the past.

Do you have a plan for the day of the party up until 7 pm? Pool time, DS, resort hopping? Is it something your niece will enjoy, or is that time better spent in a park?

Given you are questioning DAH, I would say go with your gut. IMHO a Hopper gives you more flexibility and allows you to enjoy your BOG ressie. I have tickets for the 3/8 event and am having serious second thoughts. The longer wait times, not being able to get in till 7... I have an AP, so I would probably enter the park early, but having to exit and reenter to get my lanyard??? What a pain!

No matter what you decide, though, I am sure you will have a good time!

Hmm, I don't think Haley is questioning DAH, but buying park hoppers & adding a day. She posted her niece won't have trouble staying up.

As for the park hoppers, I am a fan. I don't think we have ever not had them. So I am a little biased, but if I think they are worth it for us. Especially if they will get you into MK in time for your BOG dinner.

Hmm, I don't think Haley is questioning DAH, but buying park hoppers & adding a day. She posted her niece won't have trouble staying up.

As for the park hoppers, I am a fan. I don't think we have ever not had them. So I am a little biased, but if I think they are worth it for us. Especially if they will get you into MK in time for your BOG dinner.
If that's the case I say HECK YEAH! More money spent=more fun! :teacher::teeth:

Yeah I’m not questioning dah at all I’m excited for it! Our niece should be fine staying up and her mom said she will let her drink coffee (this one time lol). My thing is if we should spend the extra money to get into mk all day but I also think the park hoppers might benefit our other park days. I’m going to post a new thread if anyone is interested in helping me think it through lol. I don’t want to take over this one with my schedule.

Dh just got a raise so I think we will be splurging for the 3 day tickets. Plus it’s our nieces and her moms first trip to Disney. With a 3 day ticket ph and dah we could potentially see all of the parks instead of our planned two out of the four.
Then, yes absolutely! I think you won't regret adding extra park days. You could regret not being able to see/do certain things!

For those who went last week:

1) Where exactly did you get the lanyards after you entered the park?

2) What time did the quick service restaurants close? Can we still get food between 7-8?

We are going to the January 30th event. My husband’s birthday is Monday, so I am surprising him with this. I’m still trying to come up with a way to get him over to MK after the Epcot art seminars without him getting suspicious that something is up. If anyone has suggestions please chime in. Hope it is as great as all of the reviews seem!

We are going to the January 30th event. My husband’s birthday is Monday, so I am surprising him with this. I’m still trying to come up with a way to get him over to MK after the Epcot art seminars without him getting suspicious that something is up. If anyone has suggestions please chime in. Hope it is as great as all of the reviews seem!
Will he be checking MDE? If not, you can always say you were able to get a FP for a specific ride? Or maybe just want to see HEA?

Will anyone be liveposting (FB, insta, twitter) tonight or next Tues? If not, will folks come back here and report back? I'm especially interested to learn if/how they've solved the 7pm lanyard at the gate issue and offer any inside the park options, and wondering if they find a way to address the crowds at 7DMT. Thanks in advance and have a wonderful time!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter