"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

So when everyone gets a chance...hit us up with a quick "overall" report (YAY or NAY). I am doing this next Friday and VERY curious whether or not most people find that "it's worth it!"

Thank you ALL for your updates and reports!

Did see a Twitter post from about 15-20 minutes ago with a stream of The Kiss Goodnight. I’ve seen people ask if they do it after DAH, looks like they do (on this night at least).

Gotta be honest, always gives me the feels! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

The transportation back to poly is a mess. The resort monorail and resort ferries are not running. Huge line for bus shared with WL, FW, poly and GF. I should have taken ferry to ttc and walked. Finally on a bus.

They made us leave the park and come back in, which was different from what a CM told us when we entered the park 40 minutes earlier. We were originally told that we just had to come to the gate area but not actually leave. It didn’t take that long to go out and come back in, but fighting the pre-fireworks crowd to and from the gate was a pain. If I had to do it again, I wouldn’t go into the park until I had my lanyard.

I’m glad we did the event, but It definitely seemed like there were more people than posters reported here about previous DAH. The crowd level felt about the same as a morning EMH. AstroOrbiter, while not really a 50 minute wait, did take a good 20 minutes for a one minute ride because of what seemed like an understaffing issue. I waited longer for SDMT than I ever have before (I’ve only ridden it with FPs or at EMM in the past), and we waited until after 10:00 to try to ride. That wait kind of killed our momentum and we ended up heading out at 10:30.

So in the time between the end of fireworks and leaving at 10:30, we rode Space twice, AstroOrbiter once, Buzz once, BTMR twice, and SDMT once, in that order. We didn’t stop for snacks at all because there were long lines at all the kiosks. We weren’t literally running from ride to ride, but we also weren’t meandering or taking breaks either. We were planning on riding Pirates, but as a previous poster noted, it was down. Obviously we could have gotten at least a couple of additional rides in between 10:30-11:00, but after waiting awhile for SDMT, DS6 was half asleep and asking to leave.

All in all, it was fun, but I didn’t think it was an absolute must do.

The transportation back to poly is a mess. The resort monorail and resort ferries are not running. Huge line for bus shared with WL, FW, poly and GF. I should have taken ferry to ttc and walked. Finally on a bus.
Urggh that’s exactly what happened to us last year back to the poly .. And this time we go back to kidani any Minnie vans ?

Sounds like it was good we left when we did. We managed to catch the last monorail back to the Poly. When we got back though, we found that our Magic Band access to our longhouse had been cut off,and it took a walk back to the front desk and 10 minutes with a CM to get that sorted. :sad2:

Sounds like it was good we left when we did. We managed to catch the last monorail back to the Poly. When we got back though, we found that our Magic Band access to our longhouse had been cut off,and it took a walk back to the front desk and 10 minutes with a CM to get that sorted. :sad2:
Boooo that stinks about your magic bands

Did see a Twitter post from about 15-20 minutes ago with a stream of The Kiss Goodnight. I’ve seen people ask if they do it after DAH, looks like they do (on this night at least).

Gotta be honest, always gives me the feels! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes
Yes, they did the Kiss Good Night after the DAH. We watched it twice from Main Street. Once about 1130pm and once again at 11.50pm

Urggh that’s exactly what happened to us last year back to the poly .. And this time we go back to kidani any Minnie vans ?

I had the Lyft app requesting a Minnie van the entire time. Never got one. I had great luck with the Minnie band over Christmas but not on this trip. I can never get one, it seems.

I’m currently on the bus back to WL. It is shared with CR, Poly, GF, and Ft. Wilderness. The first 3 resorts were stopped at in that order.

First, I’ll start with the cons. This is absolutely no longer an event to have an empty park, continuous rides without getting off, and empty Main Street pictures. There were wait times for rides. I was fortunate and experienced only 5-10 min waits for anything I did.

With that said, here is what I accomplished:
BTMR 3x
7 Dwarves 2x
Peter Pan 1x
Tiki Room 1x
Space Mtn 2x
Jungle Cruise 1x
People Mover 1x
Haunted Mansion 1x

I got in snack lines 3 different times, once for a Mickey premium and Coke, once for popcorn, and once for an ice cream sandwich and water. Each time, I waited behind a max of 2 people, so not a big deal at all.

Photopass photographers were out and did a great job taking pictures.

Would I do this again? Yes! But I think the full price is a little high. AP price was a decent value for what I got. I would even consider paying a little more if they sold less tickets or made it longer. I can also totally understand why previous posters said it’s NOT a must do. I’d recommend this if you had limited MK time or were a solo traveler (like me) or a smaller group. It’s completely unnecessary for a longer trip or if you were efficient at planning your day.

Also, just got off the bus. It stopped at WL before Ft. Wilderness (last stop) and took me about 30 min to get back from MK.

Happy to answer any questions!

I’m currently on the bus back to WL. It is shared with CR, Poly, GF, and Ft. Wilderness. The first 3 resorts were stopped at in that order.

First, I’ll start with the cons. This is absolutely no longer an event to have an empty park, continuous rides without getting off, and empty Main Street pictures. There were wait times for rides. I was fortunate and experienced only 5-10 min waits for anything I did.

With that said, here is what I accomplished:
BTMR 3x
7 Dwarves 2x
Peter Pan 1x
Tiki Room 1x
Space Mtn 2x
Jungle Cruise 1x
People Mover 1x
Haunted Mansion 1x

I got in snack lines 3 different times, once for a Mickey premium and Coke, once for popcorn, and once for an ice cream sandwich and water. Each time, I waited behind a max of 2 people, so not a big deal at all.

Photopass photographers were out and did a great job taking pictures.

Would I do this again? Yes! But I think the full price is a little high. AP price was a decent value for what I got. I would even consider paying a little more if they sold less tickets or made it longer. I can also totally understand why previous posters said it’s NOT a must do. I’d recommend this if you had limited MK time or were a solo traveler (like me) or a smaller group. It’s completely unnecessary for a longer trip or if you were efficient at planning your day.

Also, just got off the bus. It stopped at WL before Ft. Wilderness (last stop) and took me about 30 min to get back from MK.

Happy to answer any questions!
I can’t remember, what was the order of lands you went through? Did you start in Frontierland? I’m just curious

Also, we probably won’t do jungle cruise, people mover, haunted mansion or tiki room so that would leave us time for other things. It seems like you got pretty lucky with snack lines!

We came in at 3 and in 8 hours (and using FPs before 8:

SM (FP)
Skipper Canteen (dinner)
BTMRR (FP)
7DMT (FP)
Fireworks (start of DAH)
Barnstormer
Dumbo
Teacups (3 times)
Speedway
Ice cream
Astro Orbiter
People Mover
Buzz
Jungle Cruise
(Pirates was closed for technical issues)
Popcorn
Haunted
It’s a Small World
7DMT (30 min posted, 10 min actual)

Everything was walk on. If not for having a 4 yr old, we’d have rode the fire out of SM ...

Worth it. Although. 4 & 10 yr old were both falling out about 7pm (after dinner). So. On the way to get lanyards, add a stop on Main Steet to buy toys to get them excited enough to wake up. Worked like a charm.

Worth it.

WORTH IT.

We came in at 3 and in 8 hours (and using FPs before 8:

SM (FP)
Skipper Canteen (dinner)
BTMRR (FP)
7DMT (FP)
Fireworks (start of DAH)
Barnstormer
Dumbo
Teacups (3 times)
Speedway
Ice cream
Astro Orbiter
People Mover
Buzz
Jungle Cruise
(Pirates was closed for technical issues)
Popcorn
Haunted
It’s a Small World
7DMT (30 min posted, 10 min actual)

Everything was walk on. If not for having a 4 yr old, we’d have rode the fire out of SM ...

Worth it. Although. 4 & 10 yr old were both falling out about 7pm (after dinner). So. On the way to get lanyards, add a stop on Main Steet to buy toys to get them excited enough to wake up. Worked like a charm.

Worth it.

WORTH IT.
Would you still say it’s worth it if you couldn’t get in until 7?

Quick down and dirty before I head off for a shower and bed.

We also had to head out and come back in. We had been in Magic Kingdom since about 2.

We started with Big Thunder, riding it 3 times. We moved to Jungle Cruise. Then onto Fantasy Land. Pooh, Mine Train and Peter Pan. Mine train posted a 20 minute wait, and they were true to their word. We moved to Tomorrow Land, and Buzz, Space Mountain and Speedway. All three with little to no wait. We walked by Mine Train with a 30 minute wait and headed back to Big Thunder, riding it 5 more times.

We were able to get popcorn, water, Coke and 2 Mickey bars for me and 3 for my husband.

We thoroughly enjoyed it. But we felt it was more crowed then advertised. "Little to no wait" does not mean a 30 minute line for Mine Train.

The bus to Saratoga pulled up as we got in line, and there was no wait, we boarded right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!