"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right?! I imagine a lot of folks will already be in the park for the day, either with APs or regular tix. Having to exit and re-enter would be a pain!

We have park hopper so getting in early is not an issue for us. We booked FP for 5:20/6:20/7:30 (rides we don't want to waste time riding during DAH). I wonder if I can just head to the main gate by myself and grab all 4 or if my family will need to make the trek with me. If someone gets an answer on that, please let me know. Thanks

That would be bad. I wouldn't want that to happen either! I can't believe they haven't let anyone in yet. It was a lot of money to go to this without an AP and 4 people.
The event has always said 7:00 pm so we really can't be mad about it. Well we can, but it won't make a difference!

Edit: Also paid without AP discount for 6 people but I haven't told any of them we may get in early. Really hoping the kinks get worked out soon and everyone gets to use their FPs and ADRs. Very odd the system let us book FPs to begin with.

We’re going to the Fireworks Dessert Party first using a park ticket. What a pain if we have to leave the park to get our lanyards.

Finally made it back to the gate and asked a cm who confirmed we will need to leave and re-enter. I asked why and he didn’t seem certain but It sounded like they were using hand scanners and not the tapstiles to let people into dah. Having to leave the park makes no sense they could put scanners inside the gate.

Blah - been gone all afternoon and come back to this news. Yikes!

I guess that has always been the risk...

Disney does have a habit of making odd choices in their first event of anything, maybe just first night lack of communication?

Thanks for those reporting in!

We are here now. Same thing....denied at the gate. They all say 7 but I bet that's because of what they're told.
Last year we got denied about 4 but then they came out with the lanyards at 430 and we all got it. We are hanging around the gate now and watching for them.

Disney does have a habit of making odd choices in their first event of anything, maybe just first night lack of communication?

It seems they also like to do anything possible to make more money. I get that they advertised it for 7 pm but just assumed it would be 4 like all the other parties. I had to stay up until 2:30 to get a bog adr. Might not get to use it now I guess

I think that's true about the first night..I know they got a lot of the transportation issues resolved after the first night last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter