Official 2017 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

I have sworn off 5k due to cost and an extra day, but after reading this year's report. I want to start on Main Street!! so please put me down for:

SueInBoston - 5k, 10k & Half (PDC & pink C2C)

registration isn't until Sept??? it was July in 2015 -- i assumed it was going to be in July!
run-disney-calendar-2016-17.jpg

^^ and early registration for AP holders/DVC members has been 1 week prior lately...always the possibility that they could change that.

Just got the "THANK YOU" email for participating in the 2016 event and it so far looks like the 2017 event is themed Tinkerbell.

But the other 2017 events haven't been listed yet!

Challenge for me. I would pass if they changed it to Pixar. As much as I like some of the characters, there are other non-Disney races I would do instead. I don't think they would schedule a race in Anaheim in July. A little too warm, plus I think they've reached the saturation point.

I'd love to go again since I had so much fun, but my family isn't into the races at all and I felt like it was a burden for them (although they liked Disneyland!)

I'd love to go again since I had so much fun, but my family isn't into the races at all and I felt like it was a burden for them (although they liked Disneyland!)

They don't have to race. Here's an idea... You do your race while they go to the park. One great idea is for those not running to go to the park in the morning (esp half marathon sunday)... Its fairly empty because most are running.

They don't have to race. Here's an idea... You do your race while they go to the park. One great idea is for those not running to go to the park in the morning (esp half marathon sunday)... Its fairly empty because most are running.

That's a great idea, and I was able to go to the parks with them when they opened after the half (no wonder it was pretty empty!) because I feel guilty about missing the time in the parks with the kiddo. It's like I did a very "all about me" thing in the morning and leading up to the half (like going to bed early) and so I don't want to impact anyone any further, know what I mean?

I just did the half and it was my first DL rD race it was so much fun! (aside from basically walking all of mile 2)

I can't wait to do the challenge next year and hopefully get that pink C2C to go with it.

I'm signing up for the PDC for my pink C2C! very excited to do this race as it seems to be a big favorite. How is the 5K though? Worth doing it once? This might be the only time I go out to Disneyland for TinkerBell weekend.

I'm signing up for the PDC for my pink C2C! very excited to do this race as it seems to be a big favorite. How is the 5K though? Worth doing it once? This might be the only time I go out to Disneyland for TinkerBell weekend.
I have mixed feelings on the 5K. Overall I did enjoy it, but I thought the entertainment was a little light and I felt like we were barely in Disneyland Park.

Also, they don't corral the race, which was weird - it worked out well for me because I happened to be near the front for the start, but it may be different for those who started later (@Keels ?).

I'm not sure if I'm going to do it again next year - right now I'm thinking not but I'm not 100% decided yet.

I have a link to my TR in my signature with a recap of this year's 5K if you're interested. :)

I have a link to my TR in my signature with a recap of this year's 5K if you're interested. :)

I saw that link and was going to check it out. Thanks!

That is strange that they don't corral the 5K. Is that normal for that race? Or was this the first time they did that?

I saw that link and was going to check it out. Thanks!

That is strange that they don't corral the 5K. Is that normal for that race? Or was this the first time they did that?
I think they don't corral it because it starts in the park. Or, they don't officially corral it. Once we got lined up they did refer to "corral A, B, etc." but they didn't assign us to those corrals ahead of time, and there were no corral balloons/lamps identifying where the corrals were like there are at other runDisney races.

I have mixed feelings on the 5K. Overall I did enjoy it, but I thought the entertainment was a little light and I felt like we were barely in Disneyland Park.

Also, they don't corral the race, which was weird - it worked out well for me because I happened to be near the front for the start, but it may be different for those who started later (@Keels ?).

I'm not sure if I'm going to do it again next year - right now I'm thinking not but I'm not 100% decided yet.

I'm a big "nope" on the 5k going forward for a few reasons.

We weren't that far back - on the top side of the hub, just to the left of the castle - so we left in the second "wave", if you could call it that.

I liked the whole starting on Main Street aspect, but it's definitely not enough for me to pay $80 to run again.

Main Street and Tink are my pros. And the Lost Boys
My cons:
1. Too early (5 am - gross)
2. No corrals (seriously, this is not great ... If you want to run, you're basically barreling through a wall of walkers)
3. NO entertainment, and that Following the Leader song is burned into my brain.
4. Three mornings of Carissa is at least one morning too many.
5. Cost. Disneyland 5ks are getting WAY too pricey for me. $80? Nope. And I know it's been said that DL events cost more because they have to close non-Disney roads, but frankly, they don't close enough non-Disney roads for the 5k to warrant that price point.

I'm a big "nope" on the 5k going forward for a few reasons.

We weren't that far back - on the top side of the hub, just to the left of the castle - so we left in the second "wave", if you could call it that.

I liked the whole starting on Main Street aspect, but it's definitely not enough for me to pay $80 to run again.

Main Street and Tink are my pros. And the Lost Boys
My cons:
1. Too early (5 am - gross)
2. No corrals (seriously, this is not great ... If you want to run, you're basically barreling through a wall of walkers)
3. NO entertainment, and that Following the Leader song is burned into my brain.
4. Three mornings of Carissa is at least one morning too many.
5. Cost. Disneyland 5ks are getting WAY too pricey for me. $80? Nope. And I know it's been said that DL events cost more because they have to close non-Disney roads, but frankly, they don't close enough non-Disney roads for the 5k to warrant that price point.
Hey, creep - did you burrow into my brain and read my thoughts before you typed this? Because I agree with pretty much this entire post.

I think "starting on Main Street" sounds cooler than it actually is, and I 100% agree with your other points...especially 3, 4 (she said a few things that had both my mom and I scratching our heads, can't remember exactly what by now) and 5.

Hey, creep - did you burrow into my brain and read my thoughts before you typed this? Because I agree with pretty much this entire post.

I think "starting on Main Street" sounds cooler than it actually is, and I 100% agree with your other points...especially 3, 4 (she said a few things that had both my mom and I scratching our heads, can't remember exactly what by now) and 5.

I have a very special set of skills ...

And yeah, I can't take Carissa as a lead announcer. Not only does she sound like nails to a chalkboard, but some of the things she says ... I dunno. I think the gal co-hosting with her was even flummoxed at certain points by things she said.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter