Official 2017 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

Well I'm glad I checked this thread... I'm in for 5k, PDC & C2C only if it is still Tink themed. I'm just not enough of a Pixar fan to want to go cross-country for it. Hopefully they'll keep Tink for just one more year. If not, guess I'll be waiting till I'm ready for the marathon distance to visit Disneyland!

Well I'm glad I checked this thread... I'm in for 5k, PDC & C2C only if it is still Tink themed. I'm just not enough of a Pixar fan to want to go cross-country for it. Hopefully they'll keep Tink for just one more year. If not, guess I'll be waiting till I'm ready for the marathon distance to visit Disneyland!
Not gonna happen - they did it once (1995?) and have some sort of agreement with LA not to do it again. :)

Pixar thing is just a rumor!! Just wanted to mention it. :)

I could see them potentially changing the theme: Tink is sort of limiting for them, apparently lots of people don't like the race being in Mother's Day, and it sort of seems to sell slowly...registration isn't until late September (I remember it being in August last year) so we'll see what happens over the next few months!

Not gonna happen - they did it once (1995?) and have some sort of agreement with LA not to do it again. :)
I guess I must have not paid as close attention, I could have sworn I saw a marathon distance in DL... that or I need more coffee! :surfweb:
Thanks for the correction. Well then I can still to C2C in 2017, just have to wait and see if it'll be the Tinkerbell half in May or the DL half in September! :thumbsup2

I could see them potentially changing the theme: Tink is sort of limiting for them, apparently lots of people don't like the race being in Mother's Day, and it sort of seems to sell slowly...registration isn't until late September (I remember it being in August last year) so we'll see what happens over the next few months!

runDisney rumors seem to be true lately ... at one point in time Wine & Dine 10K/Challenge and the virtual races were both rumors.
Honestly, I like both themes. I love Tinker Bell (I even have a Tink sweatshirt from my last trip to DL). I love Pixar. If it stays Tink, I'm planning to make an effort to make it out to DL for the race next year. If it becomes Pixar, I'm going to make an even bigger effort to get out there.
I just hope that whatever they end up doing, they make the decision more than 24 hours before AP/DVC registration. runDisney has really made me doubt their ability to do things in a timely manner lately, and that's not a good thing.

I would say that if they change it next year then they would announce it before july when princess opens. Otherwise, you get some very mad people thinking they were getting the pink C2C medal and sign up for princess only to find out tink is pixar now.

I guess I must have not paid as close attention, I could have sworn I saw a marathon distance in DL... that or I need more coffee! :surfweb:
Thanks for the correction. Well then I can still to C2C in 2017, just have to wait and see if it'll be the Tinkerbell half in May or the DL half in September! :thumbsup2
Here's an article about it - pretty interesting!

https://www.mouseplanet.com/10333/The_First_and_only_Disneyland_Marathon
runDisney rumors seem to be true lately ... at one point in time Wine & Dine 10K/Challenge and the virtual races were both rumors.
Honestly, I like both themes. I love Tinker Bell (I even have a Tink sweatshirt from my last trip to DL). I love Pixar. If it stays Tink, I'm planning to make an effort to make it out to DL for the race next year. If it becomes Pixar, I'm going to make an even bigger effort to get out there.
I just hope that whatever they end up doing, they make the decision more than 24 hours before AP/DVC registration. runDisney has really made me doubt their ability to do things in a timely manner lately, and that's not a good thing.
Now what makes you think they wouldn't do that?.....

Wait. o_O
I would say that if they change it next year then they would announce it before july when princess opens. Otherwise, you get some very mad people thinking they were getting the pink C2C medal and sign up for princess only to find out tink is pixar now.
I see what you're saying, but they didn't announce WDW Star Wars until Light Side was already sold out - so people got shut out of the Kessel Run challenge because they didn't know it was a thing when Light Side had spots open.

They've also announced dates and then changed them (they moved Wine & Dine when the first Tower of Terror 10-miler happened - people had already made DVC reservations for that weekend since the half had been announced).

And of course, they had Wine & Dine on the website as a night race until right before early registration was supposed to happen.

Soooooo..????

I REALLY hope that stays no more than a rumor. I love Pixar, but taking away Tink to make a Pixar race weekend happen would be incredibly upsetting for me.

I'm honestly not sure if it would keep me from registering since I use that particular race weekend as a birthday weekend trip, though, but there is a good chance I would protest with my wallet.

I just find it hard to believe Pixar could replace Tink since that would kill the West coast women focused race. While they could focus it on women still, I just don't see the general public responding well to that for a Pixar theme.

Assuming the rumor is false, I'm in for PDC. Hoping for a pink C2C if I make it to Princess next year (have to replenish finances a little after some major car repairs and cat health issues). May or may not do the 5K.

Updated the first post with the list of people who said they're in for 2017 (whatever theme it may be). If you aren't in there it's because my feeble little brain didn't understand what event(s) you were interested in. That happens when I haven't had sufficient caffeine yet. :)

I was talking to an another runDisney fanatic and I like his prediction....he thinks that rD will keep the Tink theme add the Pixar DL race in March

I was talking to an another runDisney fanatic and I like his prediction....he thinks that rD will keep the Tink theme add the Pixar DL race in March

Avengers/Marvel needs to be rebranded. The entire race weekend is still available, save for the 10K on Saturday. Last year it didn't sell out either!

Make that Pixar! :D

Updated the first post with the list of people who said they're in for 2017 (whatever theme it may be). If you aren't in there it's because my feeble little brain didn't understand what event(s) you were interested in. That happens when I haven't had sufficient caffeine yet. :)
Gah. Go ahead and put me down for the Half. Even if it is re-themed I'll probably still be in.

Avengers/Marvel needs to be rebranded. The entire race weekend is still available, save for the 10K on Saturday. Last year it didn't sell out either!

Make that Pixar! :D

They will not rebrand it. Look at all the movies coming out.. For example, they changed the name from avengers to super heroes weekend. Then they change the captain america 10k to the next movie coming out of dr. Strange. They will keep it and probably change the 10k theme to whatever movie is coming out. So my guess is 2017 10k will be thor as thor: ragnarok is coming out in 2017; 2018 will be either black panther or ant man; 2019 maybe captain marvel if production on the movies go as planned.... And the infinity challenge changes the stone every year all leading up to... The Infinity Wars movies scheduled for 2018 and 2019. Avengers and star wars runs have a long term plan... They are not going replace disneyland half weekend for obvious reasons... So the only one left to replace would be tink. If they add pixar in march, that would be the best.. But 5 runs in a year maybe a bit too much.

If they add pixar in march, that would be the best.. But 5 runs in a year maybe a bit too much.

March is a relatively busy month at Disneyland due to Spring Break - I'd hope they'd hold off on adding another race weekend. For crowds... and my wallet :rotfl:

Now I wasn't planning on doing any more runDisney 5K races in California in 2017 (toying with Wine & Dine in November 2017 to try one in Florida)...but if the theme changes, I might be interested.

And I *loved* the Tinker Bell theme. Hee!

I'm planning on the PDC and pink C2C next year! I hope they don't change the theme since Tink is a favorite of mine.

I know the chances of it happening are like 0.1%, due to weather, crowds, and getting to the point of oversaturating the market in California, but I wish they'd keep the May race as Tink and add Pixar to Disneyland sometime in like July. Other than possibly making a really quick trip for Labor Day weekend sometime, a race during the summer months in California would pretty much be my only shot of ever being able to do a runDisney event out there, due to the length of time it takes to travel and being on a school schedule. It's my dream to do the Coast to Coast challenge, but getting the Disneyland leg is virtually impossible for me. It's just kind of sad that there are no runDisney races from early May to early September, but I guess they do need an off-season.

I'm in for 2017 PDC -- i don't want them to re-brand this race, its such an empowering run for women!
If they were to ADD a Pixar themed run, id consider it - depending on the timing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter