"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I emailed Disney as well with my frustration that the parade viewing is not included. It's been 48 hours and I haven't received a reply yet. Hopefully those emails are piling up and they get the picture!

I had sent an email as well when this all started as I reserved our 11/26 dessert party the day it came out too. I finally heard back from Arabella and Alan in Guest Services. Unlike what others were told I was told NO to parade viewing for BOTH MNSSHP and MVMCP.

He was very nice. But that's what I was told today on the phone :(

Lisa

Last edited:
Hmmm, that's really a great question! I don't think I have ever read anyone posting that they did this. Though out of curiosity why would you want a signature card of a character you didn't meet? It would make sense for like a 'Signature' scrapbook page - sounds fun and interesting!

Haha, well this will be DD's first trip to the World so it's hard to know what she will be interested in doing, but when I was her age and went, I became obsessed with getting the autograph of every character there, whether I knew them or not. For most of the characters, I really didn't care about meeting them or getting a picture, I just wanted that autograph! There were some I absolutely had to meet like John Smith *swoons* :earseek::love::cloud9:, but I ruined several pictures of me with other characters posing next to me while I'm staring like an enthralled crazy person... at my autograph book! I found it awkward meeting and getting a picture with characters that I wasn't familiar with, but had to have that autograph. I remember meeting Brer Bear, Brer Rabbit, and Brer Fox together (before riding Splash) and having no idea who this creepy band of misfits were and looking at Brer Fox with pure horror when he tried to hug me. :scared:

SO I was just curious in case DD happens to be a weirdo like me.

Haha, well this will be DD's first trip to the World so it's hard to know what she will be interested in doing, but when I was her age and went, I became obsessed with getting the autograph of every character there, whether I knew them or not. For most of the characters, I really didn't care about meeting them or getting a picture, I just wanted that autograph! There were some I absolutely had to meet like John Smith *swoons* :earseek::love::cloud9:, but I ruined several pictures of me with other characters posing next to me while I'm staring like an enthralled crazy person... at my autograph book! I found it awkward meeting and getting a picture with characters that I wasn't familiar with, but had to have that autograph. I remember meeting Brer Bear, Brer Rabbit, and Brer Fox together (before riding Splash) and having no idea who this creepy band of misfits were and looking at Brer Fox with pure horror when he tried to hug me. :scared:

SO I was just curious in case DD happens to be a weirdo like me.
:rotfl: LOL! How cute! I remember when the Old Hag witch from Snow White made her debut, there was no announcement she was just there. I honestly didn't know if this was a Disney CM or a guest but she freaked me out! Every time we walked by her I moved away and kept my eye on her!
upload_2017-6-17_15-7-13.png :eek:

I figured it was probably ok.
But when does it cross the line into costume?
If I wore Ursula-esque makeup and some white hair gel is that too costumey?
Could also wait and do hair/make-up once in the MK.

Disneybounding is perfectly acceptable but what you posted was a costume and according to Disney, costumes may not be worn by Guests 14 years of age or older. Here's the link:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/dress/

Disney Park Rules link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/dress/

Should you choose to wear your costume at another park (Epcot) prior to MNSSHP would you have the ability to go back to your resort to change and then return to Epcot for your ADR?

EDIT: Added Park Rules link

Last edited:
Disneybounding is perfectly acceptable but what you posted was a costume and according to Disney, costumes may not be worn by Guests 14 years of age or older. Here's the link:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/dress/

Should you choose to wear your costume at another park (Epcot) prior to MNSSHP would you have the ability to go back to your resort to change and then return to Epcot for your ADR?

I could bring a change of clothes in case they don't let me in.
But is a tutu a costume?
All the RunDisney folks wear them.

IMG_8671.JPG
But is a tutu a costume?

If it matters am leaning towards this one with black shirt and accessories and makeup (that could be added later)

Last edited:
But is a tutu a costume?

I'm not telling you what you can or cannot do, I just posted links about their policy. You do what is best for you. :flower3: If you feel you need more clarification then reach out to GS and include the photo of the tutu. If the email states you can wear it and the CM at the gate says "I'm sorry you cannot enter." then show them the email.

That's beautiful!

I would be so excited if they offered a Villians Soiree this year!
Is that a rumor or are we just hoping?
Which characters have been there in the past?
It's just me hoping. Here is what I'm thinking: 1) they've done it before 2) it doesn't look like they are continuing Club Villain and 3) why would they include parade viewing for the XMas party, but not the Halloween party, unless they are planning to include in another - more expensive - ticketed event? (Really racking my brain on that one)! I'll give them another month to see if they announce anything else!

OK odd question for the veterans.....are their long sleeve t-shirts/etc I the parks in late Sept/Oct?
I am always cold.. we went in Dec many years ago and I was able to get long sleeve's then [not necessarily sweatshirts]. I know there are always a few even in the summer months but wondered if there anyone has ever noticed more options in the fall? oh and sweatpants too!

OK odd question for the veterans.....are their long sleeve t-shirts/etc I the parks in late Sept/Oct?
I am always cold.. we went in Dec many years ago and I was able to get long sleeve's then [not necessarily sweatshirts]. I know there are always a few even in the summer months but wondered if there anyone has ever noticed more options in the fall? oh and sweatpants too!
I went in August before and they had sweatshirts in the stores. I am not sure of sweatpants. We didn't buy any and were not paying attention to them. Sorry!

I know this is all subject to change, but because someone asked about sweaters, how's the weather in Florida in late September? I'm from MD and it can either be hot as hades or warm with a slight chill.

Our FP+ window opens in the morning, and will include our MNSSHP night. Can I ask from people who've had experience....the only ride we're really interested in that night is Haunted Mansion. Are the lines for that ridiculous during the party? I ask because our plan for the day is to hit up DHS in the morning, and of course we'd like to be armed with a couple of Fast Passes, but if people think I should hold off and use it for HM so we're not wasting too much time, I'm willing to use our daily fast pass there.

Thoughts? TIA.

Our FP+ window opens in the morning, and will include our MNSSHP night. Can I ask from people who've had experience....the only ride we're really interested in that night is Haunted Mansion. Are the lines for that ridiculous during the party? I ask because our plan for the day is to hit up DHS in the morning, and of course we'd like to be armed with a couple of Fast Passes, but if people think I should hold off and use it for HM so we're not wasting too much time, I'm willing to use our daily fast pass there.

Thoughts? TIA.

There will be no fastpass times after 7pm when the party starts. When we attended in 2015 in October, the line was pretty long, but the party had been going on for about an hr. I am not sure what it looked like right when or before the party started.

Thoughts? TIA.

I would ride HM standby during party hours. They do special effects outside and cast members do special make-up. Waits aren't too bad - maybe 30 min avg but the queue is fun.

I know this is all subject to change, but because someone asked about sweaters, how's the weather in Florida in late September? I'm from MD and it can either be hot as hades or warm with a slight chill.
Very, very, very humid. More in the hot as hades, than warm with a slight chill. (Average high is around 88 for the latter part of the month and average low is around 74). It starts getting cool in early October, with some nights going down into the 60's.

I would ride HM standby during party hours. They do special effects outside and cast members do special make-up. Waits aren't too bad - maybe 30 min avg but the queue is fun.
Yes, this! You definitely want to ride HM during the party!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter