******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Tallen, not sure if this got answered, I didn't see an answer but this thread goes so fast. You do not have to have a park ticket for every day of your stay to get dining, free or otherwise. It sounds like they are making you have a 4 day park hopper this year to qualify though. So only a 4 day park hopper ticket is required.

I remember when it was only a 2 day ticket, and Disney paid for all the tips on the meals too! Those were good times....
Thank you, I am trying to account for all possibilities when it comes to free dining. We are okay with quick service plan and are only staying at all-star. But upgrading to the park hopper might price us out of the halloween party. We will see what our TA comes up with. Thanks for the info again

Hello and sorry if this has been discussed in PP. I have a room only reservation, 9 days at ASMu Standard Room in September. If FD is released, can I use this reservation, buy tickets and convert it to a FD package or do I have to cancel and make another booking?

Hello and sorry if this has been discussed in PP. I have a room only reservation, 9 days at ASMu Standard Room in September. If FD is released, can I use this reservation, buy tickets and convert it to a FD package or do I have to cancel and make another booking?
If you have a modify button, then go ahead and try to change it yourself. If for some reason it doesn't work, I would book again with FD and then call in a few days later and have the money refunded or put towards your new booking (not sure if they can do that). Reason I say call in a few days later is the phones will be swamped after FD drops.

So.....already booked poly 8/27-sep 3rd w/ hoppers and dining.

Is it going to be a major pain to modify this on the computer at 3am? anyone have luck? I thought someone said it was super easy, they set their alarm, clicked modify and then clicked the new deal and it was done in like 10 mins. OR I would be just as happy to modify plans if a room discount comes out.
Are we thinking standard rooms at poly will be included?

It is a process. Do a room only reservation first and calculate your discount by hand or calculator. Write that down! (Blast From the Past). Then add your tickets and dining. Sometimes it shows you what that cost will be, but it's been awhile since I did it, so if it doesn't, make sure you know what the room cost was without your discount and just calculate the difference of that with the total with tickets and dining. Now you have the cost of tickets and dining and you can add that to your discounted room cost.
Thank you!!!

So.....already booked poly 8/27-sep 3rd w/ hoppers and dining.

Is it going to be a major pain to modify this on the computer at 3am? anyone have luck? I thought someone said it was super easy, they set their alarm, clicked modify and then clicked the new deal and it was done in like 10 mins. OR I would be just as happy to modify plans if a room discount comes out.
Are we thinking standard rooms at poly will be included?

I hope so, we're there at that time too.

We will be going and spending nearly $1000 for the 4 of us just for one day. We do both parks with the VIP Express tickers

As Harry Potter isn't included in the Express Pass, I'm just going for standard 2 day park to park tickets.

As Harry Potter isn't included in the Express Pass, I'm just going for standard 2 day park to park tickets.
I went last year and we had 7 park days. We stayed at Cabana Bay. We had plenty of time to do all the rides and some a few times. 2 days without having the Express Pass will be hard to do everything. Look into the cost of staying at one of the more expensive hotels that gives you Express Pass. One night will give you 2 days of Express Passes (check in and check out day).

Servers are making money regardless of whether or not there is free dining. Secondly, if someone relies on a "bonus" as part of their income, they are being unrealistic. A "bonus" is something that should never be expected because there is never a guarantee that one will always get it or what amount it will be. Really, an employer's only financial obligation to an employee is to guarantee they make minimum wage, and even if a server has zero tables in a night (which will not happen at Disney), they will still make minimum wage, since by law if an employee doesn't make minimum wage between tips and hourly wage, the employer MUST pay them the difference. Again, this really has nothing to do with free dining as servers are going to be kept busy year round at Disney.

Couldn't disagree more with your post. Servers do rely on their tips. Thats how they make their money. They are not their to make minimum wage and go home.

Its's the nature of the industry, a server does their best and shows impeccable manners and customer service so they can get the best tip possible.

They rely on these tips for their income as the wage itself is not enough to live on.

Will they be affected by the possible FD change? Somehow i doubt it. People will book anyways and upgrade or pay oop.

Last October my grandma had a 10 day park hopper that she turned into a Florida silver pass and they gave her the difference in a gift card
When we went in September of last year and changed out our tickets we were told that if our new tickets were less we would not be refunded the difference.

Last edited:
I may be planning a universal (in Ca) trip for next year now LOL
You can easily do Universal Hollywood in one day. The express pass there works for every ride, including HP. If you can, go a weekday. Crowds are pretty light and you may get a chance to see actual filming during the studio tour (they usually re-route the tram to avoid the filming locations but you could see people walking around).

I went last year and we had 7 park days. We stayed at Cabana Bay. We had plenty of time to do all the rides and some a few times. 2 days without having the Express Pass will be hard to do everything. Look into the cost of staying at one of the more expensive hotels that gives you Express Pass. One night will give you 2 days of Express Passes (check in and check out day).

We're really only going for Harry Potter. This is more a Disney trip. Will save the rest of Universal for another time!

Question for CBR bookings with the gift cards.

Is anyone going to risk modifying their reservation online to add free dining, or will you wait to call in to make sure you don't lose the gift cards? Although all indications point to being able to double dip as the gift cards are compensation rather than an "offer", I'd hate to muck up my booking and somehow lose them!

Now I thought that, but apparently 2 of them are part of the express pass.

I thought it was only Flight of the Hippogriff (a jnr rollercoaster) that was included. The two popular rides and the Hogwarts Express aren't included which is what we're wanting to focus on.

@Neeky78 - Stunning! NZ has had the WORST not-actually-a-summer Summer in years. And Autumn is continuing in its footsteps. Sigh. I would LOVE Disney to build in Oz, I love visiting Australia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter