******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't speak for how it went last year, but the year before it was an absolute nightmare modifying my reservations I'm also at the point now do I book then try and modify or just wait to book. The problem with modifying it now is if everyone does that, then Disney will not have a need to fill those rooms when the promotion comes out, so less rooms would be available under the FD. It's tricky all the way around

Maybe this will help-

Went last Christmas (2016) had rooms at Coronado, My room was December 9-15. Kids rooms were December 10-16. Free dining started December 10- so the kids rooms (these are young adults) I was able to modify online and they were done. Because December 9- did not fall under the free dining plan, I could not modify online. I ended up doing a room only for the 9th, then booked a new room December 10-15 to get the free dining.

The frenzy will be the first day the free dining goes live- I was on the phone for 3 hours on hold (as were many) and ended up being disconnected. I called again a day later and was able to get the 10-15 booked.

When we arrived- we did not use much of the QS credits thinking we would run out to soon-but really did well with the TS credits because we did heavy character buffets etc. Lesson learned- use it daily-ended up converting QS to snacks and used them for Mickey Mouse lollipops for the younger kids-100 bucks worth :)

The rapid refill mugs are excellent for morning coffee and when we did get breakfast at the resort- we made sure we got a bottled beverage that is included with the QS breakfast to take to the parks (use refill mugs for breakfast beverage)

Note- the resorts do fill up, but at full capacity on the resort side does not mean full at the parks.

If you do stay at the value resorts and get the QS dining plan- upgrade and pay the difference to get the dining plan- little money and 1 TS credit per person per day.

The free dining was a win for us as we had 7 people- big savings. If we did not have the kids and extra rooms- I would hunt for the room discount.

Lastly- The free dining plan offer- took quite a bit of time to run out of rooms. I do remember trying to add on an additional room in July-for some friends and it was still available.

Has anyone ever cancelled a Disney vacation package before? Was it easy to get your $200 back? DH just called and told me he'll find out about the job by he first week of May ...while I'm excited to have an end in site this doesn't help my situation with my BB! Now I am definitely going to have to make a second reservation if FD comes out 4/24. However, one will have to be cancelled-either the BB or the new booking. Is this easy to do?

I have it is very easy and I had the $200 back in 2-3 weeks.

Here's something else. Maybe somebody can tell me where I'm going wrong. I've tried to play with the numbers staying offsite vs staying onsite. I have yet to come up with numbers that are significant savings, if at all. What am I missing? Plus you have to pay to park every day. Deal with traffic outside of the park. You can't make your ADRs 180 days out. I have yet to find a significant advantage.
You can make ADRs 180 days out regardless of where you stay you don't even need a reservation you just have to go day by day offsite

Like I've said in an earlier post, he didn't word it the best. You can read into whatever you want. I'm not sure where the confusion is coming in with "and". I'll bet you dinner at Boatwright's that you don't have the choice. It's either going to be park hopper (and you upgrade to PH+ on your own if you choose to), or it's going to be PH+, period. Going off of black's post I'm betting PH+ or nothing. At least, that's what I'm planning on and will be pleasantly surprised if it's only PH. I'm looking forward to that prime rib dinner at Boatwright's you're going to be buying for me. :thumbsup2 :drinking1

So why wouldn't he have just said you needed "Park Hopper Plus"? Why even bring up PH if that wouldn't be an option? Think I'll be enjoying my Prime Rib!

I was asking this referring to another person asking what it said. Thank You for answering it for them. I myself have read the article translated. I was unsure if you're allowed to screenshot bits of the article translated and post on here? Or if just the rumor link is allowed.
No, I can't screecshoot. I am not good with technology. I speak spanish

how long does your summer last?

Summer isn't awful. Middle of June to Middle of Aug. After that you can feel the chill in the evening. We have a good few sunny days though. We usually go to Disney in Oct and we usually have a snow fall when away lol. It does not stay buy Snowsuits under Halloween costumes is pretty norm hah

FD last year came with park hopper tickets. This was the only option.

Nope, not true. Last year you could do either park hopper OR water parks & more. The WP&M add-on no longer exists on its own; it can only be added to a park hopper ticket.

Does anyone remember last years rumors before FD dropped? I feel like the QS at mods was rumored in the past then it was regular dining when it dropped. I can't remember but I feel like I have been through this before. Not sure how I would deal with QS paying mod prices. FD usually makes or breaks our vacation and adding an additional $700 for an upgrade is going to be a tough decision.

People have been talking about this for years, especially since the UK FD plan only offers quick service on mods. But I don't think there has ever been a credible rumour of mods offering only quick service until now.

Nope, not true. Last year you could do either park hopper OR water parks & more. The WP&M add-on no longer exists on its own; it can only be added to a park hopper ticket.

It was in December- water parks were not open-too cold.

I'll also point out you have to have it open for 120 days BEFORE your payoff date (IIRC 45 days in advance?). So you really need to have it open for 165 days if you want to claim the gift cards before your vacation. Also keep in mind any payments you make before the 120 days will not count towards the gift card.
I did post an example a few pages back.....and I'll try to have this be my last post on it:

Be careful with the wording. Contributions to the DVA can not exceed $1,000 in any given week. Contributions made on day 1 of the account being opened are eligible for the $20/$1K GC, but ONLY if you make the payment on your actual Disney package after the DVA has been open at least 120 days. I will add - if the 2 CMs who went over this with me are wrong, I will be pushing Disney quite hard for my $20/$1K GC. :stir:

18?!?! You must be a glutton for punishment. :laughing: Were you able to get the gift card that was offered at CBR? Well, for what it's worth, I'm excited for you. The first time I went with my son, being able to see it through his eyes, was probably the best vacation of my life.

I love it! in 2011 we had 2 (my parents), 6 (my brothers/self w/ wives), 11 (KIDS) - total of 19 people! It was a blast!

So any reason I can't do this... If I go to Target and get gift cards using my Red card, I will get 5% off the gift card. Then load those into a Disney Vacation Account and get 3 - $20 cards for ($3000.) If so that could save me $220. Which would put me $230 away from having the $$ for my trip.
I've done something very similar. Love using gift cards for major purchases, if I can.

I did post an example a few pages back.....and I'll try to have this be my last post on it:

Be careful with the wording. Contributions to the DVA can not exceed $1,000 in any given week. Contributions made on day 1 of the account being opened are eligible for the $20/$1K GC, but ONLY if you make the payment on your actual Disney package after the DVA has been open at least 120 days. I will add - if the 2 CMs who went over this with me are wrong, I will be pushing Disney quite hard for my $20/$1K GC. :stir:

I had decided this in the past and am deciding it again. DVA is just too confusing and I'm a girl who uses 10+ GPT sites with all different rules and all different payouts to earn a disney vacation in the first place. LOL!!! I'm just going to get my 5% from Target I think.

It was in December- water parks were not open-too cold.
Do you mean the Waterpark option wasn't available to book in December and you had to book the park hopper option? I know a Waterpark will close from time to time when the weather is really cold, but it was open in December when we were there.

I had decided this in the past and am deciding it again. DVA is just too confusing and I'm a girl who uses 10+ GPT sites with all different rules and all different payouts to earn a disney vacation in the first place. LOL!!! I'm just going to get my 5% from Target I think.
That's the main point in all of this DVA discussion - do what is BEST for you and your family!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter