******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually beginning of December. Disney will know dates and usually can be found on the internet. Of course, only Magic Kingdom is effected.

Yeah I've never been there first week of dec. so will try to avoid. But some people said it has been happening in November so maybe nothing to worry about.

Little bit OT, but we are flexible with dates and I am having trouble deciding on whether we want early November or middle/late October? After following this thread, I am aware that I most likely wont get FD, but I am still optimistic for that or a room only offer. I was hoping one of you could have some advice!

Years ago I went a couple of times early Nov. was really nice crowd time.

I know it goes down at 4am everyday, but the OP I was responsing to said the site went down for a few minutes when FD dropped. I was questioning that aspect. DIS doesn't have anything to do with FD, so if it wasn't down for maintenance when FD dropped, it wouldn't go down, would it?

Yeah sorry I probably responded to wrong post. I think she was meaning she thought it went down because so many of us were talking we crashed it. But maybe not who knows.

So I have done al the price outs.
Looks like if FD dropped for Pop we would save $1000, that'ss 2 Christmas party's, and 125 for each of us in spending.

Or if I pushed it real tight could do Port (maybe royal room if it's open) and need to pay for party as we go.

Pro for Pop-
Bus's seem to not be as bad?
Perhaps get a new room
Close to AOA so can just walk over and look over the area we really want to see. (I was a lIon King kid)
Less stressful

Pro for port
Bigger room
bigger bed
coffee maker

Cons - sometimes the bus seems to be more crowded.

what would you do? This is all dependent of free dining. Right now I have 9 nights 8day hoppers and ddp (out of pocket)
If FD pops up I can save that $1000 staying at pop. Or pay the same price and stay at Port.
Con's and pro's of each choice please.

So I have done al the price outs.
Looks like if FD dropped for Pop we would save $1000, that'ss 2 Christmas party's, and 125 for each of us in spending.

Or if I pushed it real tight could do Port (maybe royal room if it's open) and need to pay for party as we go.

Pro for Pop-
Bus's seem to not be as bad?
Perhaps get a new room
Close to AOA so can just walk over and look over the area we really want to see. (I was a lIon King kid)
Less stressful

Pro for port
Bigger room
bigger bed
coffee maker

Cons - sometimes the bus seems to be more crowded.

what would you do? This is all dependent of free dining. Right now I have 9 nights 8day hoppers and ddp (out of pocket)
If FD pops up I can save that $1000 staying at pop. Or pay the same price and stay at Port.
Con's and pro's of each choice please.

For me it would depend on my party. It's just my son and I this trip so we're doing Pop. We can each have a double bed, no problem. If the DW was going it'd be POR just because of the beds. Going from a king to a double is rough (I know, first world problems). I do think the bus system at Pop is better. I LOVE the setting of POR. I'm a fan of Boatwright's, too. But POR is so huge, it was a hike from our section (Magnolia I think) to the buses, the pool, everything. On top of that, $1,000 extra to spend ain't nothin' to sneeze at. But, for me, it really would come down to the beds, as sad as that may be.

its DH me and my son. The bed's have been a flip back and forth for us. We have had double beds before for a week at dl once. So we know we can (make due). The long walk and the bus mess are the reason I keep going back and forth. Of course if royal room opens up my dh may just make the choice and say screw the bus and walk stay in comfort LOL. (seeing it's a dream trip will be my bday (possibly honeymoon) Lol

To all the experts, when FD drops, which type of rooms usually go first? Value, Mod or Deluxe? (if there even tends to be a trend?)

I know it has been mentioned that a day before FD drops there is some solid info/alert on this thread - but does it include dates and hotels included or just a hey everyone tomorrow is the day, prepare and man battle stations?

To all the experts, when FD drops, which type of rooms usually go first? Value, Mod or Deluxe? (if there even tends to be a trend?)
I am by no means an expert but my guess is standard moderate rooms, because this offers the best value for the regular DDP for a family of 4 or 5. And then I would venture a guess that Pop Century goes fast too, because it's the most popular value resort and people often choose to stay there and keep the QSDP or upgrade to the regular DDP.

I know myself that we are really hoping for free dining in a Standard room at a mod.

I know it has been mentioned that a day before FD drops there is some solid info/alert on this thread - but does it include dates and hotels included or just a hey everyone tomorrow is the day, prepare and man battle stations?
Last year Air Canada Vacations posted the offer on their website with all the details for Canadians anyway. It was the Friday or early Saturday that they added the info to their site, but it wasn't bookable yet. It even said when it would become bookable though, so it was a huge heads up. I don't know if that much info normally comes out as we haven't been following the last few years. I just saw the Air Canada info by reading the 2016 thread.

Has anyone ever gotten FD and then added people to your room? Right now a friend and I are planning a trip and hoping for FD but we have one or two more friends who may join in depending on their finances.

Is it possible to add people to a FD room after it's been booked?

We will know soon enough about the details associated with the FD deal. No
I am by no means an expert but my guess is standard moderate rooms, because this offers the best value for the regular DDP for a family of 4 or 5. And then I would venture a guess that Pop Century goes fast too, because it's the most popular value resort and people often choose to stay there and keep the QSDP or upgrade to the regular DDP.

I know myself that we are really hoping for free dining in a Standard room at a mod.
In my experience, this is exactly correct. Deluxes will likely have availability through the end of the promotion.

Has anyone ever gotten FD and then added people to your room? Right now a friend and I are planning a trip and hoping for FD but we have one or two more friends who may join in depending on their finances.

We have done this several times. As long as you do not exceed the room's allowed occupancy, they just modify the reservation and charge you for the extra park tickets.

Yea this is very possible- I did this a month before my last trip in November!

its DH me and my son. The bed's have been a flip back and forth for us. We have had double beds before for a week at dl once. So we know we can (make due). The long walk and the bus mess are the reason I keep going back and forth. Of course if royal room opens up my dh may just make the choice and say screw the bus and walk stay in comfort LOL. (seeing it's a dream trip will be my bday (possibly honeymoon) Lol

If it's a "dream trip" it's not even a question for me. POR it is! I've already told my DW we're doing a "blow out" trip in probably early 2021, after SWL and TSL have been open for a little bit. Staying more days than we usually do, AK with Savannah view, etc. We figure I'll be almost 60 by then and that might be our last Disney trip until our son has a kid(s). I'll need to start saving for that one as soon as this trip is over. LOL

So, for me, if this is a dream trip, it's not even a question. That just made it an easy decision.

GOOD LUCK!! party:

I've been watching this thread for a bit and decided to join in. I have got free dining in the past and am hoping to get it this year as well. I have a question that is off topic but maybe someone can answer it while we wait. I have never eaten at Ohana before and would really like to try it, but my daughter is allergic to pineapple. I called Disney and they said just to make sure I list the allergies when I make the reservation and someone will come to the table and let us know what is safe for her to eat. My worry is that after they tell us everything that she can't eat there will be nothing left. Does anyone know if all the food there contains pineapple? Also, is Ohana worth all the trouble or should we just skip it and eat somewhere else? :earsboy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter