Official 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Thread

can anyone send me info on how to run with a charity? I super regret not signing up for 10k fast enough.

If Rawthreads still has bibs when you're ready, you can be one of my two buddy passes. My husband gets the other one, obviously. :)

I'm in for the Double Dare Challenge - still on the fence for the 5K. Holding out for the medal release.

How do you get buddy passes? Im totally regretting not signing up for the 10k. This 10k was going to be my first 10k ever but then I eneded up registering for 5k.

How do you get buddy passes? Im totally regretting not signing up for the 10k. This 10k was going to be my first 10k ever but then I eneded up registering for 5k.

If you're a club member, you can email the troop leader and request up to two friends to run with you. Really worth it.

$125 to become a member, and you'll get access to the races (which usually don't sell out there) and pay about the same cost as the price on active. You'll get a shirt and some other prizes as part of your initial club membership and discounts on merch.

My buddy passes for the race weekend are spoken for, but I encourage you to sign up for it and use them to register for other races. I don't regret it.

can anyone send me info on how to run with a charity? I super regret not signing up for 10k fast enough.

Why not just go with a Travel Agency? Last year there was no requirement for either a hotel stay or park ticket purchase for DLH weekend. I haven't seen otherwise for this year. If you're an AP and they require park tickets, you can usually get them applied to your renewal, so no real additional cost that way, either (unless you didn't plan to renew).

Why not just go with a Travel Agency? Last year there was no requirement for either a hotel stay or park ticket purchase for DLH weekend. I haven't seen otherwise for this year. If you're an AP and they require park tickets, you can usually get them applied to your renewal, so no real additional cost that way, either (unless you didn't plan to renew).

now officially booked for the 10k! went through a travel agency! They originally said they werent selling the bibs by themselves yet and after talking to the worker for a while we actually found out that we had a mutual friend! She ended up selling me just the bib! thank goodness!

Now im in for 5k and 10k!!

Has there been anything published about discounts at the DL hotels for race participants? I was just on the runDisney site and didn't see anything.

Has there been anything published about discounts at the DL hotels for race participants? I was just on the runDisney site and didn't see anything.

I figured out where to find info on the discounts, so never mind on my previous post. Now I'm trying to decide if it is worth it to me to spend $455 more to stay on-property versus the off-site hotel I've got booked for this race. We are DVC members and typically stay at the Grand Californian, but I'm doing enough runDisney events this year that I don't have enough points to use on this race. I'd really rather be on-property....The cheapest runDisney rate available is at Paradise Pier, which isn't surprising. Anyone care to chime in with advice?

I figured out where to find info on the discounts, so never mind on my previous post. Now I'm trying to decide if it is worth it to me to spend $455 more to stay on-property versus the off-site hotel I've got booked for this race. We are DVC members and typically stay at the Grand Californian, but I'm doing enough runDisney events this year that I don't have enough points to use on this race. I'd really rather be on-property....The cheapest runDisney rate available is at Paradise Pier, which isn't surprising. Anyone care to chime in with advice?

You just saved me almost $600! I didn't think about checking the group rates, but our stay at the Disneyland Hotel for Tink was much cheaper through RunDisney. So a huge thank you :)

I spoke to the rundisney attendant at the surf city expo today and he let it slip that the medals are going to be Pixar themed.

I really hope Cars sticks to kids races and we get Finding Nemo, Toy Story and Monsters INC for the others. wall-e is okay too. :)
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Pixar themed races!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I so hope this is true and not a dream!!! :wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard:

Can you imagine how awesome the different medals would be? If Cars was one of them, they could have Lightening and Mater out on the road for photo ops - totally play up Carsland.

Please RD, release the themes so we know!!!!:worship:

We didn't get medal releases for the races until August last year, but I think that was in part due to the redesign and making the 5k medals not rubber.

I hope they're earlier than this!!

We didn't get medal releases for the races until August last year, but I think that was in part due to the redesign and making the 5k medals not rubber.

I hope they're earlier than this!!
True - hopefully we will get them earlier. I would just be happy at this point if they would officially release the themes.

So while we all knew what the theme would be for the virtual series this year, RD has officially released the theme and we still can't get themes for this race. :sad2: C'mon RD; I'm begging ya over here!!! :rotfl:

Sad I didnt get to the 10k fast enough. I was going to register on friday when I got paid
Don't give up hope and keep checking back. There's always a chance it may open back up for brief periods of time. That has happened a couple times with the Dark Side 10K in Florida.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter