"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just wanted to post our report from first party

We were in MK from rope drop until 2:00. Everything was decorated and nice to see before the party craziness.

We went back to GF so I could change into my "costume". I forgot to put on my Jack Skellington fingers so only wore my ears and t-shirt.

Back to MK around 3:15.

Front entrance area was already jammed packed with people waiting to enter for party.

I was glad we didn't have to wait in that mess. We had some rides we wanted to reride.

We entered and rode Space and Stitch. It was 4:00 by now and throngs of people were in the front areas of park.

The line to get MNSSHP wrist bands was too long in tomorrowland so we headed over to ride Pirates and the line across from Pirates wasn't too bad. Actually recon revealed there were two lines so we hopped in the shorter line she swiped our magic bands and gave us the MNSSHP wristbands.

They'd run out of maps -really 15 minutes after first party started. Ridiculous.

I was able to get a map later but until then was checking the one posted on line a couple days before.

Noone was handing out the trick or treat bags I just happened to look in a dumpster passed the CM's and found it full of bags so I took two.

Everything felt very disorganized and rushed in the beginning.

Not sure why we couldn't get all party info days in advance -what's the deal with that Disney?

DD was suddenly hungry for nuggets and fries and on our way to cosmic rays I saw a cart with the Vampire Mickey popcorn bucket.

I took a pic thinking I would post it here but since it was just me and DD i didnt want to take the time posting. I commented to CM how cute Mickey was (secretly I was disapointed as I'd much rather the Zero bucket) she then offered us free Mickey bars. Thank you for the Pixie dust they were yummy.

So onto Cosmic Rays for fries and pulled pork (DD had changed her mind once seeing the photo).

I needed to get on my phone to secure our Southwest Boarding passes for the next evening and then we were off to line up for Jack and Sally but I got confused and went to the tent where people were lined up for 7 dwarves. Told to go to Liberty Square behind Christmas shop -dang they were already well into meeting people and it was 5:30. Handed a card with their signatures and stood in line from 5:30-7:00. Although DD hates lines no complaints here-we enjoyed chatting with people in line plus we didn't miss any of the party. (Some peole posted about rain during party but it drizzled very lightly for 10 minutes while we were in line here- rain was so light many people didnt even bother with a poncho or umbrella).

Jack and Sally really liked my ears and my Jack shirt -so mad i forgot to wear my fingers:/ (for some reason i cannot add our photo with them)

7:00 there were ropes up everywhere blocking people from going near parade route or anywhere toward back or sides of park without wrist bands.

We witnessed one family pretending confusion and CM told them they could not enter the area - this was near the end of shops on main street.

Indeed I glanced at many people's wrists and did not see one person without a wristband (lucky nonparty goers headed my warning!). This was very different from last years first party thankfully

7:00 DD wanted to meet Lotso 15 minute wait. Line for candy in Tomorrowland was really long. I was not interested in carting candy home. Plus we had a grazillion Ghiradelli turn down chocolates already packed.

Waits for SDMT and Pan were 30-40 minutes every time we walked by that night(someone else posted seeing 20)

There were some quick moving candy lines so we trick or treated a bit getting 2 or 3 candies at esch sto m and m's, skittles, starbursts and dove bars were some we got.

I think we went to ride Haunted Mansion next. It was great although Mansion is being repainted or something so its covered with drapery. Loved the spooky CM's! We then rode it again.

When we exited the gates Madame was standing there taking photos. There was another spooky Madame wandering around near stockade.

Saw longish lines for all photo pass pics. You knew where each photo was due to the lines. Another thing DD was not interested in thankfully.

We walked by a popcorn cart and what did I see- the Zero popcorn bucket. The CM told me I got the last one!!! We filled it with popcorn and went to watch the Sanderson Sisters show which was fantastic! All the villians in one place!

Afterwards we watched the Castle show. It didn't seem very Halloweenie but instead much like the show we'd seen last August.

After that we watched the terrific fireworks show.

We then walked over to stockade area to watch the parade.

Headless horseman was so cool.

Parade was just awesome loved the scary gravediggers scraping their shovels on cement creating sparks and the ghostly dancers. Just top notch. I wouldn't have minded seeing it twice but choices must be made as there really isn't enough time to do everything.

Luckily we were not interested in the exclusive park merchandise, specialty food or Sorcerers card. These things are so spread around the park it would be quite a time suck as would the need to see alot of characters. It simply can't all be done so decide what is a priorty and set up a good plan.

We ended the night riding Splash twice with no line. Park was empty in the back at midnight. I asked DD if she wanted to watch end of last Sanderson Sister show but she was ready to head back to hotel.

As we walked down Main street we looked at all the specially carved jack o laterns over each shop.

I would definitely do the party again but with my Jack fingers. No worries I am now ready for Halloween.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 112
Does anyone know what the blue allergy bags look like? Do you get to have one as well as get keep the other bag? Also, do you get about the same amount of allergy friendly candy as regular?

Just asking because one night I'll be attending with one allergy friendly treat needing child and one who eats anything sugar filled that won't run away. I want to make sure there isn't any upset about one getting more than the other.

Thanks!

Does anyone know what the blue allergy bags look like? Do you get to have one as well as get keep the other bag? Also, do you get about the same amount of allergy friendly candy as regular?

Just asking because one night I'll be attending with one allergy friendly treat needing child and one who eats anything sugar filled that won't run away. I want to make sure there isn't any upset about one getting more than the other.

Thanks!

See Post 1, includes link.

Does anyone know if you can get a picture at haunted mansion with the magic shot without going on the ride itself? Also what time to magic shot photos begin on party nights?

The pumpkin waffles aren't available this year, much to Disney Food Blog's dismay: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/...not-so-scary-halloween-party-in-disney-world/

@yulilin3 I'll also be at the party on the 16th! Dressed as Princess Leia (A New Hope) - maybe you'll approve of the costume choice :D still trying to get the hairstyle perfected so I don't have to wear a wig though :scratchin
Yes!!! I approve!!! of the costume not the pumpkin waffle going away, in my best Vader "Nooooooooo"

Does anyone know if you can get a picture at haunted mansion with the magic shot without going on the ride itself? Also what time to magic shot photos begin on party nights?
there are no magic shots inside the HM. From what I understand the hitchiking ghost are on Liberty Square, saw people post from the rocking chairs by HoP, the other one is at the exit of HM, a ghost appears to drive the hearse.

There have been two parties now? How lenient has Disney been on the no ballgowns/floor length costume rule? I'm worried they'd enforce it with me if I wore my Belle gown, because the skirt is pretty big and it's a fairly legit costume - but I've been hearing they've been letting people in with floor length costumes.

I have Village Belle almost ready to go, have my fourth fitting for her today, so she's still the plan - but I still have that little glimmer of hope that I could possibly get away with Ballgown Belle.

There have been two parties now? How lenient has Disney been on the no ballgowns/floor length costume rule? I'm worried they'd enforce it with me if I wore my Belle gown, because the skirt is pretty big and it's a fairly legit costume - but I've been hearing they've been letting people in with floor length costumes.

I have Village Belle almost ready to go, have my fourth fitting for her today, so she's still the plan - but I still have that little glimmer of hope that I could possibly get away with Ballgown Belle.

Tonight is the 2nd party, so we'll see!

There was a picture of someone wearing a longer cape than allowed, but he could've just carried it in.

Last edited:

Thanks!

One of my DDs friends has allergies to dairy. At the beginning she was getting a blue chip at each station to cash in later. But then we realized she could just ask for the sugary candy and no chocolate. All the CMs giving out the candy were very accommodating. At the end of the night she did cash in her blue chips and they didn't care how many chips she had - they showed her all the candy they had and asked what she would like - any amount. She only took about 4 items since she did get the skittles and gummy candies. The bag is a plastic blue gift bag - a little bigger than the regular one.

In case any one is interested here is a picture of some of the allergy free snacks my DDs friend received. They told her to take whatever and as much as she wanted. She only took a few items. They did have many items to choose from.

IMG_4165%201_zpsx3tlctae.jpg

Hey guys I have a question!

If I don't have a park ticket and only a MNSSHP pass how will Fastpass+ work for me since we can techically get in at 4? can I even get Fastpasses without a park ticket? I was hoping to be able to go to a kiosk and maybe hop on one or two things with A FP+ but if that possible? Can we use our resort MagicBands? Thanks!

Hey guys I have a question!

If I don't have a park ticket and only a MNSSHP pass how will Fastpass+ work for me since we can techically get in at 4? can I even get Fastpasses without a park ticket? I was hoping to be able to go to a kiosk and maybe hop on one or two things with A FP+ but if that possible? Can we use our resort MagicBands? Thanks!

Yes, works the same. See Post 1.

I've seen people mention dance parties. Where and when are these? My kids loved the dance parties last year at Christmas at the studios!

I've seen people mention dance parties. Where and when are these? My kids loved the dance parties last year at Christmas at the studios!
It's in tomorrowland, the Monstrous Scream o ween Ball from 7 to 12 with Monsters Inc characters

Is hemming it a little an option? I think the rules say the dress can't touch the ground. I know that hemming a dress like that is a massive undertaking (I have sewn one) so maybe that's not feasible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter