• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread.

Better late than never, but wife and I registered and confirmed for the DDD! I'm sure it will be awesome.
Thanks everybody for the "nudge."

Better late than never, but wife and I registered and confirmed for the DDD! I'm sure it will be awesome.
Thanks everybody for the "nudge."

What part of VA are you in? I'm in Roanoke. We've done a lot of the same races. :)

I know it's early, but if anyone wants to plan on a post-race celebration meet-up - first round will be on me at Sonoma Terrace in DCA!

Congrats to everyone who registered! Not sure what I'm more surprised about... that both the 10K and DDD were sold out by 12:36 EST (according to runDisney Twitter) or that the Half still has spaces open this evening.

Judging by the conversations on these boards and the action on twitter today it seems like a lot of fun people will be out there for the weekend!

Another big thank you for the link! Saved us as well. In for DDD!
Awesome!! Glad you got in!
Congrats to everyone who registered! Not sure what I'm more surprised about... that both the 10K and DDD were sold out by 12:36 EST (according to runDisney Twitter) or that the Half still has spaces open this evening.
I'm not surprised that the 10K sold out so quickly - it's proving to be a really popular distance for runDisney. I am VERY surprised that the half isn't full yet, with the anniversary (both of the race and the park) and the Coast-to-Coast potential. Hmmmmm...

I'm not surprised that the 10K sold out so quickly - it's proving to be a really popular distance for runDisney. I am VERY surprised that the half isn't full yet, with the anniversary (both of the race and the park) and the Coast-to-Coast potential. Hmmmmm...

I think 10Ks are like needles in a haystack of running these days, too - so that also plays a part! It's either a 5K or a Half - I've been trying to schedule out at least a 10K each month in my 12 Months of Medals Quest ... and it's HARD. Even Competitor/Rock 'n' Roll has very few 10Ks planned on their race weekends.

I like the distance. I think I'll be more likely to keep running after this quest is done if I can do a 10K. It's a nice distance because it's not as much of a cluster as a packed-out 5K, but not as much of a commitment as a half.

Sounds like a good early plan.

I've promised my husband all the Sculpins he can drink post-race, especially after I tortured him with selfies of me drinking them last summer (like in my avatar) while he was at work! Hee hee ...

I've promised my husband all the Sculpins he can drink post-race, especially after I tortured him with selfies of me drinking them last summer (like in my avatar) while he was at work! Hee hee ...

Oh that's not nice but the Brother Thelonius there is tasty too. :)

Acclaim sent an email out today that they got another 100-bib allotment for DDD. I can forward it to you if you'd like!

I would like the acclaim email too please. I bet they are all gone now, but it is worth a shot. kh@kristihoward.com

I am so frustrated that I lost out on DDD. I was not thinking and did not come to this board first. I was registering a friend and myself and got her in and not me. Active was giving me a problem telling me I was already registered when I was not. By the time I got to the payment screen, DDD was sold out. Run Disney was no help. Registered for the 1/2, but really wanted to run with my friend for Dumbo.

Oh that's not nice but the Brother Thelonius there is tasty too. :)

He's HUGE into craft beer - especially stuff we can't get here in Texas - so he's already excited about "drinking around" DCA. And Brother Thelonius is, indeed, tasty. :D

I would like the acclaim email too please. I bet they are all gone now, but it is worth a shot. kh@kristihoward.com

I am so frustrated that I lost out on DDD. I was not thinking and did not come to this board first. I was registering a friend and myself and got her in and not me. Active was giving me a problem telling me I was already registered when I was not. By the time I got to the payment screen, DDD was sold out. Run Disney was no help. Registered for the 1/2, but really wanted to run with my friend for Dumbo.

That sucks! I forwarded you the email - good luck! Hope they can help!

I know it's early, but if anyone wants to plan on a post-race celebration meet-up - first round will be on me at Sonoma Terrace in DCA!

We're DEFINITELY in for a post-race drink or 5!!

He's HUGE into craft beer - especially stuff we can't get here in Texas - so he's already excited about "drinking around" DCA. And Brother Thelonius is, indeed, tasty. :D

Myself and a friend are also big craft guys. Looking forward to sharing a few opinions on what's available

I think 10Ks are like needles in a haystack of running these days, too - so that also plays a part! It's either a 5K or a Half - I've been trying to schedule out at least a 10K each month in my 12 Months of Medals Quest ... and it's HARD. Even Competitor/Rock 'n' Roll has very few 10Ks planned on their race weekends.

I like the distance. I think I'll be more likely to keep running after this quest is done if I can do a 10K. It's a nice distance because it's not as much of a cluster as a packed-out 5K, but not as much of a commitment as a half.
So true - I have a really hard time finding races that aren't 5Ks, half marathons or marathons around me. We have a couple of 10Ks and a couple of 10-milers.

They were smart to add 10Ks into so many of the race weekends. They needed something for people that are ready for something more than a 5K but not yet ready for half marathons...especially with the ToT 10-miler indefinitely suspended.

The half marathon is 97% full! It was still at 80% when I looked at it this morning!

If you're thinking of signing up - do it now! It'll close soon! :)

Guess I need to start running again....only run 8 miles thanks to a nice cold-flu-cold combo since Dopey.

Thinki
So true - I have a really hard time finding races that aren't 5Ks, half marathons or marathons around me. We have a couple of 10Ks and a couple of 10-milers.

They were smart to add 10Ks into so many of the race weekends. They needed something for people that are ready for something more than a 5K but not yet ready for half marathons...especially with the ToT 10-miler indefinitely suspended.

Agreed also. Wish there were more 10k's around. It's a good distance and for me I feel like they are little more worth the money then a 5k.

That sucks! I forwarded you the email - good luck! Hope they can help!
Does anyone know how hard it is to sell the Party in the Park ticket? I am considering doing the package from Acclaim, but I cannot be at the resort until Friday morning, thus missing the party. It does say the ticket is transferable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter