Official 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread.

Downtown Disney parking is free for first 3 hours.

Just a reminder that the Downtown Disney parking lot is not very large. Everyone should make sure to have the $17 for Mickey and Friends just in case they are directed to that lot. I recall quite a few people who were unprepared to pay.

I would also try to check the bag. It might become cumbersome, especially in the official merchandise area, which is kind of small.

Wow.....I miss a few days online and get so far behind but will try to answer recent topics....

Mrs. Slogger insists on checking a bag so we will bring ONE bag to check plus our carryons for our running gear and snacks and post race medals. Disney BLING!!
We fly into LAX late Friday morning.
Getting a rental car for Jack in the box, In-N-Out, a trip to Santa Monica and to see family. Our hotel is less than a mile from the corrals and hopefully expo so we may just park there.
"costumes" ready----DW has the awesome Minnie Mouse look and I opted for a darth vader wearing mickey ears t shirt and perhaps the big white Mickey gloves. Definitely wearing the outfits for the 10k and regular running gear for the half. Weather looks good but could get warm when the sun come out.

I read we wear wristbands for C2C and do the picture thingy every day for Dumbo. Is that correct?
Running gear is packed, but we have most of the week to get everything else ready.
Envious of some of you getting there earlier but happy for you too.

It's almost here.....DL Half week. Magical times!

Last edited:
I read we wear wristbands for C2C and do the picture thingy every day for Dumbo. Is that correct?
Most running gear is packed, but we have most of the week to get everything else ready.
Envious of some of you getting there earlier but happy for you too.

It's almost here.....DL Half week. Magical times!

I was trying to figure that out on Dumbo too. We get our picture taken at the expo I know, but I think we only go through the Dumbo picture check after the half from how I read it...anyone know for sure?

I was trying to figure that out on Dumbo too. We get our picture taken at the expo I know, but I think we only go through the Dumbo picture check after the half from how I read it...anyone know for sure?

Not usually one for reading the rules....but here's what they had on Official Event Guide...:

Dumbo Double Dare presented by Cigna®

If you think that a half marathon is just a walk in the park, put your endurance to

the test and compete in the Dumbo Double Dare! A 19.3-mile adventure held over

two days, participants will run the Disneyland® 10K on Saturday, followed by the

Disneyland® Half Marathon on Sunday.

In an effort to enhance our runners’ check-in process, we ask that all Dumbo Double

Dare participants have their photo taken with their race bibs. This photo will be used

at the finish line of each race to expedite the finish line experience.

After completing both races, please check in at the Dumbo Double Dare tent located at

the Finish Line chute on Sunday. Please note that all Dumbo Double Dare Participants

must complete both the 10K and the Half Marathon in the allotted time to receive the

Dumbo Double Dare Medal.

After completing the 10K, Dumbo Double Dare participants’ official results will be

reviewed by race staff at the Dumbo Double Dare tent.

Half Marathon

After completing the Half Marathon, Dumbo Double Dare participants must visit the

Dumbo Double Dare tent with their Dumbo Double Dare bib to receive the prestigious

Dumbo Double Dare medal and to celebrate their accomplish

So to answer my own question and @cavepig.....looks like we get set up at the expo with a picture and wristbands for the C2Cers.
Check in after the 10k and again after the half at the Dumbo tent. Proceed to the C2C tent after the half.

Hopefully I read that right.

I'm going rental car at LAX. I like the freedom to choose my route based on current traffic (give it up for the Waze App!) and being able to stop off for a few groceries. My hotel has free parking, and I don't tend to use much gas so it's not a bad deal: $114 tax included for the weekend.

Another rental car user here, Fri-Mon through Avis with the right discount code (yay internet) was $77 taxes included and will earn a bunch of frequent flier miles. It is a remote rental car lot at LAX so that takes a few extra min to catch a shuttle to, but we also go various other places during the course of the weekend and it's nice to have wheels.

So very hard to skip a Trader Sam's idea, but the alcohol ban lasts through Sunday's finale. May have to rope drop after the race!

Like some of you on here, I'm nursing an ITB injury. I'm not sure how i'm going to finish DDD as pain sets in around mile 3. I'm going to strategize with a running friend/coach tomorrow and map out a walk run plan. I just want to finish even if i have to crawl across the finish line.

I started packing tonight, packing really light. Figure I will just wear the new race shirts and anything else i pick up at the expo.

3 more days, 6am flight on Thursday !!!

Best wishes SueInBoston. An ITB injury is rough but you can do it. Dont give up.

We are flying into John Wayne Thursday around 10:30. We will do the 10th Anniversary Party then spend Friday in the parks. I'm signed up for the Dumbo so will be int he parks in the afternoons on Sat & Sun then fly home Monday. I can't wait. My goal is to just finish and have fun within the time limit. I haven't done a 10k and Half back to back like this before. Best of luck to all and see y'all out on the course.

here's what they had on Official Event Guide...:

Dumbo Double Dare presented by Cigna®

Please note that all Dumbo Double Dare Participants

must complete both the 10K and the Half Marathon in the allotted time to receive the

Dumbo Double Dare Medal.

Humm, Interesting. Does that mean don't get swept by the balloon ladies, or your personal on course time must be below the 16min/mile pace.

Humm, Interesting. Does that mean don't get swept by the balloon ladies, or your personal on course time must be below the 16min/mile pace.
Assuming they keep things the same as they have been for other races this year...balloon ladies. Program guide was equally confusing in January and people doing Goofy/Dopey were able to get the challenge medals even if they were over 16:00/mile. I saw the same thing happen with someone I know who did GSC. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter