Official 2015 Disney Marathon Thread

I think it's more like late March/early April. Planning on Dopey for 2015, will be Disney marathon #3. :)
Planning on Dopey as well. Did 1/2 last year. Full this year. Was planning Goofy 2015, but then figured what's an extra 5&10k lol.

I will be doing my first marathon and I will also want to do the 10k. Not confident enough for a Goofy, but want to run another race.

After I finished the full I said it would be only 1/2s for me but now that I've digested all the race I'm back to improve on my full. And even more surprising I'm excited at the prospect
I did the same thing in 2012...then I was back in 2013 and now planning on 2015. :rotfl: I think it's pretty common!
Planning on Dopey as well. Did 1/2 last year. Full this year. Was planning Goofy 2015, but then figured what's an extra 5&10k lol.
It's not the extra Ks of running that make me nervous...it's all those dark-thirty wake-up calls! :eek: :faint:

If I register for the half, can I later decide to upgrade to the Goofy (assuming that there is still room in the full)?

It's not the extra Ks of running that make me nervous...it's all those dark-thirty wake-up calls! :eek: :faint:
I fully agree! I have thought about that. I'll be flying out later in the day than I usually do to "help" early on. I'll also need some earlier than normal bed times too. I'll just suck it up. I'll sleep when I get home ;-)

If I register for the half, can I later decide to upgrade to the Goofy (assuming that there is still room in the full)?
I don't think easily, if at all. They clearly state for Goofy and Dopey you need to sign up for said race to get the credit/medal. Though you may be able to contact runDisney and get an update

I only did the half in 2014 after doing Goofy in 2011 and 2013.

It gives the weekend a whole new flavor. Only doing the half makes it a race in the middle of a fun family weekend. Doing the Goofy makes the race the focus and you squeeze in family time when possible.

Be prepared to feel left out on Sunday morning as the marathoners are doing battle. Also be prepared to feel wimpy in your half shirt on Sunday. (Not that anyone made me feel that way, it was all my doing.) The plus is that you have a full day Sunday for parks, on relatively energetic legs.

Having said all that, my plan is Goofy (possibly Dopey) in 2015, and then NEVER AGAIN! (Said that in 2011 and 2013 too.)

I'm in, and it will be my first marathon! I'm running at least two half marathons this year (maybe more) and really looking forward to the full. Thanks for starting the thread, Coach! :)

Me too!! I have done a ton of 5Ks a few 10Ks and 2 half marathons... making the jump to the full next year... woot woot!

This was one of the biggest challenges of the weekend. The only good part is that it was my first marathon and I thought there would be no sleep the night before. Being so tired from the previous early wake up calls allowed me to catch a whole lot more z's than I probably would have if the marathon was the only race I did.

I'm in for as many of the races as they offer. It will, I think, be my sixth marathon, but we'll see what this year has to offer.

Ran Dopey this year, trained for 9 months and it really kept my focus and motivation to run through brutal training conditions in Chicagoland. I'm glad I did the inaugural event, but the cost, time off from work and strain on my family is going to prevent me from being a perfect Dopey. I loved the atmosphere and organization of the runDisney event, so if I race again I'll probably be Goofy.

I ran my first three marathons in 2003, 2004 and 2005! I spent the last year getting my race legs back in shape! I decided to make WDW 2015 my first marathon back!

When registration for the 2014 races opened I said I was only going to do Goofy since that was on my bucket list. At the time I never had the desire to run Dopey. My sister and I were taking our two little cousins and spending a week at the parks so I wanted to have enough energy for that. I knew getting up super early four days in a row to run in addition to doing the parks would not work. However, when I got down to Disney things changed and after running the Goofy I decided that next year I want to go back and run Dopey. The best part is that my frient wants to come with and run it as well. I am really excited about going back as the 2015 marathon will probably be my 15th marathon.

I do know Dopey will be a one and done. With the cost and time off I just can't swing it every year. The Goofy race/vacation was expensive. However, we've already started talking about taking my cousins again as they had a blast.

After 5 half marathons, my wife and I think 2015 will be Our Time for a full. We are excited, scared, resolute, and ready for the challenge. We are committed to losing weight and putting in the training.

So... Someone talk us out of it? Please? :)

Doug

After 5 half marathons, my wife and I think 2015 will be Our Time for a full. We are excited, scared, resolute, and ready for the challenge. We are committed to losing weight and putting in the training.

So... Someone talk us out of it? Please? :)

Doug

If you've run that many half marathons, you can surely jump to the full. The W&D 2012 was my first half, and I followed it up with another half four months later.

After always saying that a half was enough for me, I decided to go all in and train for the full. I ran a total of four half marathons in 2013 as part of my full training and committed to the time it took to train. Both DW and I had a great time running our first full at Disney. I did not finish in the time I wanted, but I did learn some things that I will take with me when I run my next full marathon.

If you've run that many half marathons, you can surely jump to the full. The W&D 2012 was my first half, and I followed it up with another half four months later.

After always saying that a half was enough for me, I decided to go all in and train for the full. I ran a total of four half marathons in 2013 as part of my full training and committed to the time it took to train. Both DW and I had a great time running our first full at Disney. I did not finish in the time I wanted, but I did learn some things that I will take with me when I run my next full marathon.

If you people keep encouraging me, how in the world am I supposed to weasel out of it??? :guilty: :rolleyes1

I'm going to be Goofy only this year too. The Dopey wasn't worth the extra time off and cost.

I believe a lot of the people will come to that conclusion after doing it for the first one.

I'm going to be Goofy only this year too. The Dopey wasn't worth the extra time off and cost.

I believe a lot of the people will come to that conclusion after doing it for the first one.

Almost everyone in our 800 member Dopey Challenge group is going back in 2015.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter