Official 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon

Has anyone worn skirts from skirtsports.com and runningskirts.com? I was wondering if there are any big differences in the two? They appear to be very similar on their websites. I ordered a few this weekend, from both, to see what I like better. One of them was having a pretty good sale, and on the other one the pattern was just too cute to pass up so I paid regular price. I'm hoping I like the fit though.

any-who...I printed out the DDD training program and changed all the dates on it (with Tink green sharpie!) to match up to the Tink weekend. Looks like I'll officially start the program on 9/17. Did anyone here use the Galloway plan for DDD? I noticed when the back-to-back days start, the "run" on saturday is always just a walk. I'm wondering if anyone followed that and only walked on those saturdays but then actually ran the 10k, or did a run/walk during the 10k? Did you feel prepared with only having done walks during training?

I've worn both skirts. I prefer skirtsports more forgiving on my generous booty. Running skirts are a little more clingy material.

I did galloways DDD plan and felt prepared. Now- I was unable to run from the 11 mile week until the last 2 weeks due to injury. So I walked that whole month

I felt prepared- totally. I ran walked both races. The 10k was a 1:50 finish with tons of pics, miserable heat and humidity, and my 12 year old non runner niece. Normally I'd do a 1:18 without pics if you want to compare.

The half I did feel the tired legs earlier than normal. By mile 2 I was in the groove though and didn't feel badly until mile 11-12. The last 2 miles, I was tired and done. But I think a lot of that was sun and humidity. The sun at DDD is right on you the whole time.

Anyway- yes I think Galloway prepares you well! If you are looking for super speed you may need to add in speed work but the back to backs should be fine as is.

I've worn both skirts. I prefer skirtsports more forgiving on my generous booty. Running skirts are a little more clingy material.

I did galloways DDD plan and felt prepared. Now- I was unable to run from the 11 mile week until the last 2 weeks due to injury. So I walked that whole month

I felt prepared- totally. I ran walked both races. The 10k was a 1:50 finish with tons of pics, miserable heat and humidity, and my 12 year old non runner niece. Normally I'd do a 1:18 without pics if you want to compare.

The half I did feel the tired legs earlier than normal. By mile 2 I was in the groove though and didn't feel badly until mile 11-12. The last 2 miles, I was tired and done. But I think a lot of that was sun and humidity. The sun at DDD is right on you the whole time.

Anyway- yes I think Galloway prepares you well! If you are looking for super speed you may need to add in speed work but the back to backs should be fine as is.

Thanks for the insight...glad to hear about the skirts...the one I ordered from skirt sports was my favorite so I was really hoping to like it!

Good to hear about the Galloway training for back to back days...I'll give it a shot and see how it feels I suppose. I definitely like the idea of a 100% walk...just didn't want to go into the race feeling underprepared....but I don't plan to take the 10k all that seriously anyway. I'm running the Tink one alone and may make it a picture run!

Congrats on your DDD finish! I was following along on FB and Twitter all weekend and enjoyed everyone's pics!

Cripey said:
Has anyone worn skirts from skirtsports.com and runningskirts.com? I was wondering if there are any big differences in the two? They appear to be very similar on their websites. I ordered a few this weekend, from both, to see what I like better. One of them was having a pretty good sale, and on the other one the pattern was just too cute to pass up so I paid regular price. I'm hoping I like the fit though.

any-who...I printed out the DDD training program and changed all the dates on it (with Tink green sharpie!) to match up to the Tink weekend. Looks like I'll officially start the program on 9/17. Did anyone here use the Galloway plan for DDD? I noticed when the back-to-back days start, the "run" on saturday is always just a walk. I'm wondering if anyone followed that and only walked on those saturdays but then actually ran the 10k, or did a run/walk during the 10k? Did you feel prepared with only having done walks during training?

I haven't tried those skirts, but I do have a running skirt from sparkleskirts.com and I like it. It's got built in shorts that don't ride up and lots of pockets. Hooray for pockets!

I haven't tried those skirts, but I do have a running skirt from sparkleskirts.com and I like it. It's got built in shorts that don't ride up and lots of pockets. Hooray for pockets!

I bought my first and second sparkle skirts at the expo on Saturday. Actually wore one for the half marathon. It was great! I love the pockets and the fact that I didn't have to carry my SpiBelt. The shorts stayed right where they are supposed to and there's so many cute designs.

I bought my first and second sparkle skirts at the expo on Saturday. Actually wore one for the half marathon. It was great! I love the pockets and the fact that I didn't have to carry my SpiBelt. The shorts stayed right where they are supposed to and there's so many cute designs.

Thanks y'all! I know everyone seems to love those, but something about them just doesn't work for me. They always seem a little too long than I like and a little too "swooshy"...if that makes sense :)

What was the time limit for the 10k? I haven't seen anything yet; are they holding tight to the 16 minute pace? I want to have plenty of picture taking time...

What was the time limit for the 10k? I haven't seen anything yet; are they holding tight to the 16 minute pace? I want to have plenty of picture taking time...

I can't say for sure. We started in E and finished over 17 min miles. Saw sweeper bikes at 3 miles letting us know we were 30 sec above pace (inside dca) and we picked it up abut at that point. I've heard reports they closed the 10k in front of la brea bakery in Dtd - which was about 5.5 miles. People were swept.

Not sure if that really happened.

Also heard they rerouted some 10k to the 5k course to let them finish - so they got a 10 k time for a 5 mile course

Again- all FB rumor. No idea if true!

So, can someone explain the difference between staying at one of these hotels, like the Howard Johnson's, and staying at a Disneyland hotel? Can you walk to the race start from the Howard Johnson's? (Sorry for the cluelessness - I have only been to DL once and it was a pretty long time ago!)

I also stayed at the Hojo last year for tink and the walk in the morning was about 15-20 minutes maybe? There were lots of other people leaving at the same time as me from the other hotels on harbor so I felt very safe walking. I looked at it as a good warm up.
The walk back after the race took longer cause there were more crowds and I was moving much slower! :rotfl2:

UGH, I hope so too...I was dreading Tink already while reading all the posts about the expo over the weekend. What a mess. I won't be able to get to the expo until probably 1 or 2 pm on the Friday before Tink so I really hope there's something left for me in the merch booth by then...at least a shirt! I'll try not to get my hopes up though in case it's a repeat. If they don't do anything about the crowds, maybe they will at least order more merch so it will last longer!

Similar thoughts here! I wont get to the expo til 4 or 5 I'm guessing on Friday. I need to pick up DD's bib for the kids races on Saturday morning. I didn't preorder my pin and necklace this year and now I'm starting to regret it.

Count me in too with loving my Sparkleskirts! I have 4 of them. I actually like the fact that they are really "swooshy". in my twisted strange way of thinking, i feel like it allows more air flow to keep me cool. :rotfl: strange I know. and the shorts are just long enought to keep the edge of the skirt from brushing my legs when i run. I love them!

Similar thoughts here! I wont get to the expo til 4 or 5 I'm guessing on Friday. I need to pick up DD's bib for the kids races on Saturday morning. I didn't preorder my pin and necklace this year and now I'm starting to regret it.

Was there a pin option for the 10k? I can't even remember...if there was I'm pretty sure I ordered it, but I think I forgot to pre-order it for the half, which is a bummer. I'm not even a pin collector, but since I started running these races, I've bought one for each of them so I don't want to stop now, ya know? Great, I'll probably end up having to buy one for twice the price on ebay....cuz it just won't look right hanging on my wall and being the only one without a pin attached to it!

Was there a pin option for the 10k? I can't even remember...if there was I'm pretty sure I ordered it, but I think I forgot to pre-order it for the half, which is a bummer. I'm not even a pin collector, but since I started running these races, I've bought one for each of them so I don't want to stop now, ya know? Great, I'll probably end up having to buy one for twice the price on ebay....cuz it just won't look right hanging on my wall and being the only one without a pin attached to it!

hahaha yup I'll be doing the same thing if I can't get one at the expo! I think there was one for the 10K also but I'm not 100% on that.

You can probably still preorder the pins, you don't have to do it when you register. Just follow the registration links. I did that for the Disneyland half this year, in order to split up that cost between pay checks.

I'd suggest going to CLIF at expo and signing up for their PACER program. I didn't use it, but they will keep you on pace from what I've read. I did see their flags while running.

There were a lot of 5K and Half pins at the registers at the Tink expo this year so they do have them there.

You can probably still preorder the pins, you don't have to do it when you register. Just follow the registration links. I did that for the Disneyland half this year, in order to split up that cost between pay checks.

Didn't know that. Thanks!

Posted on the DL thread too...

Saw that the 10K was at 99% and I registered! :scared:
Time to schedule some back to back runs into my training I guess!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter