Official 2014 Dopey Challenge Thread!

We leave tomorrow. We're driving, but won't be arriving in Disney until Tuesday morning. Now to finish packing.

SO jealous of anyone leaving in the next day or two! I leave Wednesday morning and will be in Orlando by noon, with ColleenG. Can't wait!

I'm another "bright and early" Wednesday morning. :scared1: Getting closer to being packed (mostly) and getting a different kind of nervous.

We're not leaving till about 11 on Weds. I didn't want to have to be up early 5 days in a row. We're going straight to the expo, but I'm nervous about all the Dopey stuff being sold out.

Taking my two boys down Wednesday on an 8:30am flight. Dropping stuff off at okw and then heading to the expo. If you see me struggling with my kids, feel free to take one ;)

Nancy, where are you flying out of? Kim and I are doing the same thing. Text me if you want to meet up at the Expo!

We're not leaving till about 11 on Weds. I didn't want to have to be up early 5 days in a row. We're going straight to the expo, but I'm nervous about all the Dopey stuff being sold out.

The second thing I am doing when I get to the expo (the first is picking up my bib's) is to find that Disney corner and checking out the Dopey stuff. I do hope the sweatshirts are colorful...not dull like last years style (I did the Goofy and I didn't like the dull design of the sweathshirt for it...the year before I did the Donald Duck half and their sweatshirt design was awesome!)

Most people doing the Dopey are arriving Wednesday I think...anyway...I have to double check but isn't that the day the expo opens anyway? Well, it doesn't matter because I wont be there until Wednesday about 12 or 1pm.

Have a safe flight and or drive this week. If you are coming in Tuesday, expect cooler than normal temps. After that, it's great spectator weather for the weened.

Have a safe flight and or drive this week. If you are coming in Tuesday, expect cooler than normal temps. After that, it's great spectator weather for the weened.

Hi Coach,
I'm going to send you a pm about driving directions from the Windermere area.
We're staying with a friend in that area. Thanks, Julie

Once again, thank you Maura and everybody else.

Wednesday bright and early.

DW and I head out dark and early, 0500 Wednesday, in Casa del Kathy's home on wheels(poor grade in Spanish-:))-her motorhome that I chauffeur her to where-ever she wants. Check-in at FW at 0740 and then head over to WWoS parking lot where we will hang out until things get going.

Hello Dopey runners!

A long time WISHer popping in (and not reading the thread, so sorry if this has already been mentioned) to say that a small group of WISHers, including myself, will be on hand Sunday to scream-team at Wide World of Sports--somewhere in the 19-20 mile point of the marathon.

We will have oranges and cold washcloths and cow bells and pixie dust to help you finish the race. We'll try to make our WISH presence obvious--signs or shouting or whatever, although we are an "equal opportunity scream team" and will help Anyone who needs it.

So if you see a crazy group of people--one may have a green wig-that would be us. Please stop if you need a pick-me-up, or a hug (we are not averse to sweat!). We have all done this race before (most of us as recently as last year) and know the final stretches can be tough.

Good luck, and may the temperatures moderate!

Maura

PS There will also be another group of WISHers outside of DHS with even more goodies.

God love ye! If a middle-age girl with gold mickey mouse ears starts blubbering when she sees your group... that would be me!

If ye'd like a contribution of more towels to freeze, I can bring some and connect beforehand! I'm at All Star Sports for Wed Night, then Bay Lake Tower for the rest of it.

Everything was taken care of today with the business...I just didn't want some unresolved problems traveling to Florida with me!

I agree...as it gets closer we all get nervous...my friend who is doing the Goofy just finished her costumes...so I am looking forward to laughter we will have dressed as Tink/Minnie & Snow White/Minnie/Tink and Patriotic glitter girl!

How's your Dad?

"Great spectator weather"...... yeah, that's what we say when it's going to be a hot run!

Safe - and! Uninterrupted! - Travels all!

I'm flying out E-A-R-L-Y Wednesday AM via Toronto to arrive about 2pm
My orig plan was the Goofy Sat/Sun, so I built in a few extra days travel time... then along came the Dopey, and now I only have a 12 hr leeway in case of flight disruption!

I'm hoping that Toronto's pending storm Sun/Mon will not move my way, and that the warm spell we (St.John's) are due on Tues & then the drop will not mean any kind of travel interruption!

See you all on the warm side!

I fly out first thing Tuesday morning. Getting stoked!

Packed, and now looking everything over to make sure that I don't forget anything.

See ya soon guys!

Alarm clock.

I think that was the one item I was forgetting to pack....not to rely completely on the hotel's wake up call...but to have backup....

Don't forget to pack an alarm clock!

Alarm clock.

I think that was the one item I was forgetting to pack....not to rely completely on the hotel's wake up call...but to have backup....

Don't forget to pack an alarm clock!

As long as I have my cell phone with me, I'm never without an alarm clock.

McFlurry John

Less than 48 hours till we'll be in Orlando. I'm worried all the Dopey merchandise will be cleaned out by the time we get to the expo. Just one more thing to add to the top of the taper madness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter