Official 2014 Donald Half Marathon

I was scrolling through these pages actually looking for a photo of what the Donald Duck medal looks like this year. Does anyone have a photo of it? I am dying to see it already! Anyway, in my search for this photo...I saw a post by coach and it was dated in later December. So I am guessing he must have went away someplace and decided to put all media down!!!! Meanwhile...I would love to see a pic of the medal if anyone has a link! Thx.
The half marathon (Donald) medal is the third one from the left in the picture on that page. Two medals for the kids' races then Donald then Goofy then Mickey.

Hi John, Thank! Right now my biggest issue/concern is the weather in Fl vs MN and how I have trained. All my training has been done in the frigid winter of Minnesota under many layers of clothing. Because of this, I haven't needed to hydrate (much), except for a couple of my longer runs. I know this won't fly next weekend, but haven't trained with water, etc. I know enough not to wait to hydrate, but only plan on a few sips every so often. Will that get me through? Any advice is appreciated.

Outside of that, me questioning what to wear and worrying about being swept - I think that's it! :lmao:

Hi John, Thank! Right now my biggest issue/concern is the weather in Fl vs MN and how I have trained. All my training has been done in the frigid winter of Minnesota under many layers of clothing. Because of this, I haven't needed to hydrate (much), except for a couple of my longer runs. I know this won't fly next weekend, but haven't trained with water, etc. I know enough not to wait to hydrate, but only plan on a few sips every so often. Will that get me through? Any advice is appreciated.

First, make sure you are well hydrated before you even get to the start. Drink plenty of water while traveling (planes are very dehydrating) and keep going once you get to Disney. It's warm and humid here, so you'll need to stay hydrated while walking around the parks and the expo too.

Second, on race day, make sure you drink about 16oz of fluids (coffee and tea do not count) after waking up. Stop drinking about an hour before your start time so you have time to get it into and maybe through your system by the time you start running. If it's really warm, like in the 70s warm, you'll want to take a cup of water at each aid station. Drink some of it and use the rest to cool your head or arms down. Take a salt tab (I like Salt Stick) every hour. Drink some Powerade every other aid station. Not a lot, just enough to help with the electrolytes. It's better to have small amounts of fluid all the way along than to drink a cup or two once an hour. And be sure to monitor yourself along the way. If your face and neck are crusty with dried salt, add more salt tabs and electrolytes. If you start feeling goosebumps, chills, or dizziness, you're dehydrated and possibly getting into heat exhaustion and need to slow down, rehydrate, and cool off.

Outside of that, me questioning what to wear and worrying about being swept - I think that's it! :lmao:
I'm in MN too! John's advice is spot on. I have done well with taking a cup at every aid station - alternating water and Powerade. I've also heard the advice about hydrating well multiple days before the race. I'm not sure I've done that very well previously, but this year, I'm on it!

I'm really looking forward to escaping the arctic temps!

First, make sure you are well hydrated before you even get to the start. Drink plenty of water while traveling (planes are very dehydrating) and keep going once you get to Disney. It's warm and humid here, so you'll need to stay hydrated while walking around the parks and the expo too.

I just wanted to come back here and say thank you for your input!! Even though the start was super cold, once we got going, things definitely changed. Did exactly what you said, alternated sips of water and Powerade at every station. Never saw Aloon Ladies, but didn't stop for pics - just one bio break at Magic Kingdom. Great experience and you helped ease my apprehension! Thanks again!

I just wanted to come back here and say thank you for your input!! Even though the start was super cold, once we got going, things definitely changed. Did exactly what you said, alternated sips of water and Powerade at every station. Never saw Aloon Ladies, but didn't stop for pics - just one bio break at Magic Kingdom. Great experience and you helped ease my apprehension! Thanks again!

You're welcome! Congrats on your finish!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter