• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2013 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Thread

YIKES! 5am!! I wonder if that means they are expanding the total # of runners from last year and need the extra time? Kinda bums me out though because most of the course pics will probably be dark now.

Yeah, me too. That was the 1st thing that popped in my head. That and how warm it'll be at 5am in Jan. You'll have to run over 2 1/2 hours to get any pics that you'll be able to see. Hopefully the park will have all the nighttime lights on. I was thinking maybe the time change was b/c of MLK weekend, but Sept is over Labor day, so who knows what's behind the change. I would love it if the did that in Sept though.

Kim--I'm so glad you like your purse :cool1:
Did you go down to the park over the weekend ? They had plenty of tickets left for Cars Land preview but they were "paid tickets". Only 3 more weeks untill we get to go back down.

I can't believe the 1/2 is 12 weeks away. To me that means the end of summer....but then it's onto Halloween Time --yeah !!! Have you seen anything about the medal this year ??

I did go down this weekend!! Didn't do the paid tix thing, I was thinking about it, but then I figured it would be a better experience to go in blind on Sat. for the 5k. I don't know about you, but everytime I see the road down the middle of the land, I just see 1,000s of runners running down it. :rotfl2: Haven't seen anything about the medals, maybe they're keeping it the same.

I'm excited for Halloween too. I've never been there when they've done all the decorations, so it's going to be a ton of fun.

Yeah, me too. That was the 1st thing that popped in my head. That and how warm it'll be at 5am in Jan. You'll have to run over 2 1/2 hours to get any pics that you'll be able to see. Hopefully the park will have all the nighttime lights on. I was thinking maybe the time change was b/c of MLK weekend, but Sept is over Labor day, so who knows what's behind the change. I would love it if the did that in Sept though.

I did go down this weekend!! Didn't do the paid tix thing, I was thinking about it, but then I figured it would be a better experience to go in blind on Sat. for the 5k. I don't know about you, but everytime I see the road down the middle of the land, I just see 1,000s of runners running down it. :rotfl2: Haven't seen anything about the medals, maybe they're keeping it the same.

I'm excited for Halloween too. I've never been there when they've done all the decorations, so it's going to be a ton of fun.

You are so right--who wouldn't want to run on "route 66" !!!

The Halloween Party @ DL (extra $$ for the tickets) is really a lot of fun and tons of candy. You see lots of great costumes and now it's the only way to see Halloween Screams and Zero flying over the castle.

soooo annoyed! I'll probably have to wait a day or two to register...oh well. BofA decided to screw up and process a payment TWICE last week...and of course it had to be when I made a LARGE payment to pay off a balance. GAH! They've reversed it, but said it takes "5-7 days" for the $$ to be back in my bank account...today is day 7, and it's still not there of course. They may have meant business days though, who knows. Funny how fast the $$ comes out when it's going TO them, but not the other way around. Grrr. Oh well, hopefully it'll be back by tomorrow and I'll be able to register then. I just love the excitement of getting in and registering as soon as it opens though. :mad:

I am signed up for the 5k and the Half!! :cheer2:Now time to book the hotel room. I want to stay on Disney and this will be the only time I will make it to Disneyland ( I live in Ontario so the flight is like $600 :eek:) When I called the number it was a machine telling me to leave my name and number. What is up with that?

Anyone else staying on Disney and know how I could book my room today and still get the discount?

I'm registered too! My first half -- not sure what I've gotten myself into, but I'm sure it'll be great!

I'm in for the 1/2 and DH and DD are doing the 5k!!

Anyone call yet to ask about hotel prices?

You are so right--who wouldn't want to run on "route 66" !!!

The Halloween Party @ DL (extra $$ for the tickets) is really a lot of fun and tons of candy. You see lots of great costumes and now it's the only way to see Halloween Screams and Zero flying over the castle.

I know, I'm so excited for the party too. :banana: I'm going to do the combo Happy Haunts Tour w/ the Party. Just waiting for the calendar to be released, pretty sure as soon as all the Cars craziness dies Friday it'll be out soon.

Holy cow you should have seen the parks yesterday, it was absolutely crazy!!! It was kind of crowded Sunday, but it was like an extra 20,000 people showed up over night. I was doing the Agriculture Tour and we went through Fantasyland around 11:15 and the lines were insane. I have't been to DL during summer months in 15 years and was blown away. Sunday they had all the extended poles and ropes out for all the rides, never thought they would all be in use the next day. I can only imagine what Thurs. is going to be like when your only option is DL.

soooo annoyed! I'll probably have to wait a day or two to register...oh well. Grrr. Oh well, hopefully it'll be back by tomorrow and I'll be able to register then. I just love the excitement of getting in and registering as soon as it opens though. :mad:

Sorry about that one! :hug: I'm the same way. Even though I know it doesn't matter when I sign up, nothing can really beat the 1st day.

Anyone else staying on Disney and know how I could book my room today and still get the discount?

I'm in for the 1/2 and DH and DD are doing the 5k!!

Anyone call yet to ask about hotel prices?

Get Travel usually have the best rates for the 3 resort hotels. They don't have stuff up for next year's race yet, but they'll be updating it soon.

They also do the discounted park tix.

Thanks for the info!! I am so scared of not getting a room. As this is also my Mom's birthday gift. Shhhh she doesn't know yet. We have never been to Disneyland so I want to make sure i get a room on Disney.

I know, I'm so excited for the party too. :banana: I'm going to do the combo Happy Haunts Tour w/ the Party. Just waiting for the calendar to be released, pretty sure as soon as all the Cars craziness dies Friday it'll be out soon.

Holy cow you should have seen the parks yesterday, it was absolutely crazy!!! It was kind of crowded Sunday, but it was like an extra 20,000 people showed up over night. I was doing the Agriculture Tour and we went through Fantasyland around 11:15 and the lines were insane. I have't been to DL during summer months in 15 years and was blown away. Sunday they had all the extended poles and ropes out for all the rides, never thought they would all be in use the next day. I can only imagine what Thurs. is going to be like when your only option is DL.

How was the Agriculture Tour? I've never done the Halloween tour either but I've seen it around the park and it looks like a lot of fun !! Last year we got over 18 lbs of candy--really we put the bags on a scale. (Hint-bring along those great Disney resuable shopping bags to empty out the ones they give you) And that was for just the 3 of us. We ended up giving so much away and took the rest of our son's dentist who sent the candy and treats to the troups overseas.

The crowds --I can believe it. It seems like every school has a end of school fieldtrip at the park. So many school kids in large groups--crazy.

Thanks for the info!! I am so scared of not getting a room. As this is also my Mom's birthday gift. Shhhh she doesn't know yet. We have never been to Disneyland so I want to make sure i get a room on Disney.

You're going to love it! If I could, I would stay on-site everytime. Not sure if you've picked your hotel or not, but the staging area and finish is closet to Paradise Pier and that is usually the cheapest of the 3. The middle is the DL Hotel and it's at the very end of DTD. The most expensive is the Grand Californian and closest to the parks. They have their own entrance to DCA and some of the rooms overlook the park as well.

How was the Agriculture Tour? I've never done the Halloween tour either but I've seen it around the park and it looks like a lot of fun !! Last year we got over 18 lbs of candy--really we put the bags on a scale. (Hint-bring along those great Disney resuable shopping bags to empty out the ones they give you) And that was for just the 3 of us. We ended up giving so much away and took the rest of our son's dentist who sent the candy and treats to the troups overseas.

The tour was awesome, I would totally do it again. I think he big thing was that it gives you a new way to look at the park and notice things you never paid attention to before. It was just under 2 hours and we went on Jungle Cruise, HM and Storybook. One of the guys on the tour was a teenager who wants to work at DL working on the landscaping and agriculture. He knew more than the guide and was talking to me about all these different things, it was really cool.

As for the party, that, is a TON of candy. You won't need to buy any for Halloween night.

Officially signed up for Tinker Bell 1/2. Of course... I had to get the pin and the necklace too. 5 a.m. start ?? Maybe they will have Tink flying across the castle for us in the morning--one can only hope. :tink:

Passing on the Breakfast but signed our guy up for the kids race. :earsboy:

I'm officially all registered too! And since this is my first half I let myself "splurge" and ordered the pin and necklace as well. Wont be getting to the Expo til Saturday afternoon so Im guessing a lot of things will be sold out by then but I definitely did not want to miss out on the pin!

soooo annoyed! I'll probably have to wait a day or two to register...oh well. BofA decided to screw up and process a payment TWICE last week...and of course it had to be when I made a LARGE payment to pay off a balance. GAH! They've reversed it, but said it takes "5-7 days" for the $$ to be back in my bank account...today is day 7, and it's still not there of course. They may have meant business days though, who knows. Funny how fast the $$ comes out when it's going TO them, but not the other way around. Grrr. Oh well, hopefully it'll be back by tomorrow and I'll be able to register then. I just love the excitement of getting in and registering as soon as it opens though. :mad:

:cool1: YAY! everything got sorted out last night and I'm registered now!! I did get the pin, but skipped the necklace. I haven't worn the inaugural one since this year's race, so I figured I didn't need another one. If it's completely different from the one that we got last time and super-cute I'll just try to buy it at the expo...trying to plan to fly out early early Friday morning so I can do the expo on friday and check out Cars Land on saturday morning!

:offtopic: Spent last night in the ER with my BF...turns out he has a kidney stone :( By the time we got home, I was able to get all of about 3.5 hours of sleep before I had to get up for work...and that was sleeping in an hour for me! The first thing my boss said when I walked in was "Uh oh, you have a pony-tail today...this can't be good." :lmao: I'm running on coffee fumes so far today...he's at home, high as a kite I'm sure, on the pain meds they gave him to take until it passes. And it must seriously hurt because this guy usually won't even take an aspirin if he ever gets a headache. I've never had one, but I hear they are a bear.

:cool1: YAY! everything got sorted out last night and I'm registered now!! I did get the pin, but skipped the necklace. I haven't worn the inaugural one since this year's race, so I figured I didn't need another one. If it's completely different from the one that we got last time and super-cute I'll just try to buy it at the expo...trying to plan to fly out early early Friday morning so I can do the expo on friday and check out Cars Land on saturday morning!

:offtopic: Spent last night in the ER with my BF...turns out he has a kidney stone :( By the time we got home, I was able to get all of about 3.5 hours of sleep before I had to get up for work...and that was sleeping in an hour for me! The first thing my boss said when I walked in was "Uh oh, you have a pony-tail today...this can't be good." :lmao: I'm running on coffee fumes so far today...he's at home, high as a kite I'm sure, on the pain meds they gave him to take until it passes. And it must seriously hurt because this guy usually won't even take an aspirin if he ever gets a headache. I've never had one, but I hear they are a bear.

Sorry to hear about your BF. Kidney stones are suppose to be very painful.
Hope the stones passes SOON and your BF starts feeling better. And hope tomorrow is not a "pony-tail" coffee induced day.

Sorry to hear about your BF. Kidney stones are suppose to be very painful.
Hope the stones passes SOON and your BF starts feeling better. And hope tomorrow is not a "pony-tail" coffee induced day.

me toooo! thanks!

Summer~ sorry about your BF. Hope he feels better soon! Glad you were able to reg though!

Summer - hope the BF can recover fast!

I just registered today. Hoped to hold off until July, but we're already looking at 51% full for the 1/2 so I went ahead and bit the bullet. I hope the 5k can hold off a bit, so our finances can recover in order to book 3 (DH, DD8, DD6) for the 5k! The cost of the races (not to mention the cost to travel to the race) is a big reason why I won't get to continue legacy status after this year. Had to go back for the 2nd run, but can't financially afford to do it each year!

Can anyone tell me about the 5K or the kids dashes? I'd like to get DD5 involved somehow. I was thinking the family could walk the 5K but the 5:45 start time probably wouldn't fly with DD :rolleyes1 But the dashes arent until 9:00. Are those usually fun for the kids?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter