Offical Check-In List 10/30/04 "Magic"

Ginger, congrats on getting the formal wear formal again. I LOVE to shop and now that I'm working 6+ days a week, I feel as though I'm going through withdrawal from not being about to go out and shop.

I'm jealous of those of you who have started to pack -- I did get the spare bed cleaned off so I can start putting stuff out to pack --it's gotta get done Sunday!

Karen - Good luck on the job interview - I don't know if I would be able to concentrate enough to do a good job with one right now.

To share the good news with all of you, the amnio results came back fine! It's a huge weight off my shoulders - dr. says "go have fun on the cruise!"

Now packing panic is starting to set in - I'm so worried that I'll completely forget something important. I know my formal wear doesn't have spots, since I had to get new maternity formalwear (not so easy to find something attractive there - I think it makes me look as big as a house, but I like the fabric and it's comfortable). DH is completely unconcerned; at least, I got him to try on his one suit last night - it fits, just has to go to the dry cleaners today!

I need to clean off the guest room bed and start staging things - then maybe I'll start to feel in control a little bit.

Door decorations sound great, but are pretty far down on my list right now, I'm afraid. Still working on pirate costumes for MNSSHP / Pirate night on ship.

Well, off to work again. Talk to you all soon...

Jennifer

Jennifer that is wonderful news.Now you can relax on the cruise and EAT.LOL
Karen I hope you get the position it sounds interesting.
Hey count me in on thebaton twirling. I was a thunderette in grammer school but in high school Iwas a cheerleader.That would be so funny if you girls performed.
I finallystarted packing:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Cruise Docs - questions

I am just now closely examining the cruise docs. For the "Payment Authorization Form", along with my set of docs, do I need to fill out this information on my wife's and each of our three children's too? How about the departure information card; do I fill out the info on everyones docs? And lastly, is it the same for the Cruise Contract Signature Form?

Thanks! I'm trying to get these details taken care of. Little more shopping for items on our packing list, and packing will begin this weekend. It's getting so close I can almost hear that Disney horn!!:hyper:

Scott

Shari, I can see a bunch of us Dis'ers going to the CC party...I'm game! I'm glad your Gadget costume came in!!! I'll see you at MNSSHP!!

Judi, My hubby has been traveling a lot for work so he looks at the weather where he's going, so last night he asked me what the weather was like in Orlando....I was saying...I don't know and I don't care....just as long as we're going!!! We were also talking about what we were going to pack (I'm laying stuff out before I put it in the bag) and he gets funny, because I'm making him a shirt and he wants it finished before we go!

I'm almost done with it....just have to put in the sleeves and hem it up!

I'm getting very excited! Ending my job and going on vacation! I love it!!

See you all soon!

Originally posted by vikingfans
Shari, I can see a bunch of us Dis'ers going to the CC party...I'm game! I'm glad your Gadget costume came in!!! I'll see you at MNSSHP!!
Would you believe that after all this "hassle" for me with MNSSHP nights - first planning on my nephew being with me the 28th, got my ticket, then he said he has to fly (work), then he has me get two tickets for the 24th, then my mom wanted to go Sunday so I got two more tickets and took her on the 17th - <I>NOW</I> my nephew has managed to change his schedule and will be here from the 23rd until November 2nd! The two of us are still doing O'Hana and MNSSHP on the 24th (which I am paying for since it is his birthday present), but now he'll be here and IF I want company for MNSSHP on the 28th, I'll have to buy him a ticket. Even though he is a gainfully employed airline pilot, he just bought a condo and now has a mortgage, so he is watching his finances. I am watching mine, too - flying right out the window!

If I decide to take him with me the 28th, I will probably cancel my PS for LTT that evening, because it is at 5:05 and since he is no longer a passholder he would have to use his last complimentary pass he received for being in the MGM Star Wars parade to get in. He doesn't want to do that.

Anyway, <B>vikingfans</B> - If you do not see me at LTT, it means my nephew is with me, and I'm sure we'll run into each other somewhere in the park that evening. ::MinnieMo

Shari: you're going to need that cruise after all that MNSSHP planning! Re the Castaway Club reception, we were planning to attend and I would love to go as a group!

Teri: thanks for the tip re Walmart!

Jennifer: GREAT news re the amnio! I was so glad to hear that everything turned out fine! Perfect timing!

dis4me: Thunderette and cheerleader?!!! Great, I'm sure Michelle and I can fit you in with our batons! We'll need the rest of the DISers to cheer us on!

Pat: working 6+ days a week!!! You're really going to need that cruise!

Judi: glad to hear about the good weather! I was afraid to check it! The weather here is so cold and wet and windy! Just 2 weeks ago, we were wearing our summer clothes and now we've got winter coats and mittens on!

Have a great day! Lynda

I was checking out a post that all the tip on it. There is conflicting info on the 2 way radios. We have 4 cabins and thought it would be a good idea to take them. Has anyone ever done this and is it worth it?

I agree about the packing. I too am feeling stressed. I am going to stop sewing tonight and set up a satging area. I though I would take the next four days and keep adding to it. Then take a couple days and take away from the pile. Does this sound reasonable or what?

You all have been very helpful. I read your tips dailey. In case I do not get to meet you all I want to take a minute and thank you now.:wave:

Hi all. My interview went very well and they have just rung to offer me the job! I won't have anything in writing until after we get back home from the cruise but it gives me time to make up my mind. I think I am most likely to take it though as it seems really interesting.

We will most likely go to the CC Reception and it would seem like a good chance to get together. Can anyone remember whether kids can go? Emma would probably like to be involved if we are using it as a Dismeet.

We used two way radios last time and it worked quite well. There are a few blackspots on the ship where you get a poor signal but overall we managed to keep in touch reasonably well.

Right just off to open a bottle of fizz! Take care all.

KAREN: Congratulations on the Job!!:cheer2: You go girl!!:cheer2:

JENNIFER: I was so glad to hear everything is okay!! I remember last year when I was waiting to hear, especially on th day that I knew they were going to call with the results.:sunny:

FAIREYGOD MOTHER: We have used two way radios in the past and have not had too many problems with them. They are a very convienent way to stay in touch.

SHARI: Like Lynda said, you will need a cruise to recoup after all of your MNSSHP's.

SCOTT: I think you only have to fill out one payment authorization form, I know each person has to have their cruise contract filled out and I think each person has to have the departure form filled out too.

Dena::MinnieMo

Yes, kids are allowed. I would not recommend it for <I>very</I> young children, because they get restless and many tend to grab at the food on the buffet with their hands instead of using utensils. I've even seen some pick things up and then put them back. It's a bit of a turn-off for those wanting to eat the buffet items. :( Some also tend to get their hands all over the ice sculpture, contributing to it melting. However . . .

I think Emma would enjoy the reception immensely!

Lynda,

Our weather here in NJ hasn't been the best lately, either. The sun has not been out in two days and its damp and cold. I'm putting off getting my fall/winter clothes out, as I want to wait til after the cruise.

I'm jealous of Dena's high 70's -- we're in the 50s daytime and 40s nighttime. It is supposed to warm up a bit this weekend, so just need to hold off for another week. . .

Pat,
It was :sunny: and 84 here today in Charleston,SC. I actually swam in my pool even though the water is a cool 73 degrees. I know I only have a few more pool days left, so I am swimming all I can.:teeth: The high for Friday is suppose to be a cooler 73.

Teri

Count us in on the CC event, we went on our last cruise and really enjoyed it.
I think I would love some fall weather, today it was a hot 88 degrees I wish we would have seasons here. But in New Orleans its summer and not summer.

Karen -congrats on the job offer and have a safe flight.

Jennifer-glad everything is well.

See ya'll in a few days

Wendy

Good Morning all,

Seems like we'll be losing a couple of people soon, as they will be off to WDW. Hope all of you that are leaving early have safe travel. I do hope to run into you on the ship.

If you see a red head wearing a lime green bead bracelet, that would be me. Come up and say hello. I would love to meet you. If not then I too want to say Thank You for all your help over the past 6 months.

I won't be at the CC party.:( This is our 1st cruise.

Karen: In case you do see this before your flight. Congrats!!

Wendy: I guess you still have the air conditioner on right? 88 I like it that way. Just don't like the humidity.:sunny:

Teri: You're better than me, I need the water to be very warm.

Toni: I'm packing the baton, so if you want to pack pom-poms we could have alot of laughs!!:hyper:

Jennifer: Gald to hear about your results. Don't worry about packing. It will all come together.:tongue:

Laura: I know I will meet you cause the kids are in your group for T or T. See you onboard!!!

Shari: Seems like you have alot of organizing to do. Bet you're glad you're already packed.

Pat: I'm looking forward to some warmer weather. How about you?:sunny: At least the sun will be out today!

Scott: I'll be filling out those doc's over the weekend, so if I have any ??? I'll ask you, since you're done. Okay?

Off to work
Michelle:earsgirl: :Pinkbounc :crazy: :hyper: Getting nuts!! Oh, I'm already there!!! LOL

Teri, you are so mean talking about your beautiful weather when we're freezing up here!!!!! LOL! You're swimming in your pool while we're putting on winter coats and digging out hats and gloves! At least, we don't have the snow boots out yet! Oh well,
not too long before we can experience that glorious Caribbean sun and heat!

Karen, congrats on the job! It does sound very interesting and you'll have to tell us more about it when we meet on the ship!

Pat: I'm having trouble fitting clothes into my closet because I have all my summer clothes still in there for the vacation, but I have to keep adding winter clothes to go to work in! I'm hoping to pack the vacation clothes this weekend and then do the big switchover in the closets so I don't have to worry about it when I get home!

Wendy: we seem to get summer and no summer (ie. cold winter) weather too, although our fall so far has been very nice this year I have to admit. It's just lately that we've received the cold, damp weather and along with the days getting shorter, it's just nasty! But usually, our winter seems to last into May, then we get a few short weeks of summer, and then September turns into winter again! And we're suffering even more up here because we have no NHL hockey to tune into during those cold, winter nights!

We're leaving for WDW on Tuesday, so the excitement mode is pretty high! But the kids are struggling with the extra homework they received because they'll miss 9 days of school, so it looks like it'll be hectic right up unto the last minute!

Have a great day, everyone!

Lynda

We have another new cruiser picture on <a href="http://www.primateprojections.com/103004/cruiserpics2.html">page two</A> of our cruiser photos on the <a href="http://www.primateprojections.com/103004/">website</A>. Check it out to see <I>DMS_Cruisers04</I>!

I just found this site and been having fun reading the posts. Sorry that we are too late to T or T. My daughter will be sad.

Cruising with husband, mom, dad, 2 daughters Leesa-4 and Kendall-18 months.

Anyone else out there with girls that age??

Robin in NJ

Hi Robin, welcome aboard!

My DD Sammi is 4. And there are additionally 5 or so others from just our DIS group that age. Plenty of new friends for Leesa to play with.

You can add us to your cruiser list. Our names and ages

robin - me- 29 again
Kelly - husband - 37
Mom
Dad
Leesa -Daughter - 4
Kendall -Daughter- 18 months

We are in 2585, 2583

See you all there

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter