Offical Check-In List 10/30/04 "Magic"

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have had to cancel our Halloween 2004 cruise. Maybe we will catch you on the flip side. Hope everybody has a great cruise!!!!

Gerald

Well whatya know, I GOT TAGGED.

Thanks Tag Fairy:jumping2:

:eek: :( :mad:
And I was looking forward to meeting you too.

Hopefully nothing serious, and (if all goes well this time) we'll definitely see you on the next. :wave:

-Mike

Just came home from this years Halloween cruise and booked for next year's while on board. Can't wait to see everyone again - maybe we should try a DISmeet the first sea day (Sunday) since it's pretty hectic when you first get on the ship.

If it's all right with everyone I'll start the list of who's on our cruise. I only added info that you put in your post. Feel free to add staterooms. names, whatever as you find out the details! Can't wait to start planning again.

Halloween Cruisers 2004

KEH and Rose_Greenthumb = Karen, Mark, Emma (16), James (14), Oliver (14)

"Ginger" = Ginger, DH Bill, DD Ashley (7 ¾)

jel0511 = Lori, DH Darren, DD Julianna (6 ½), DS Brandon (3 ½)

rmmcruise = Rick, DW Julie, Austin (9), Calvin (5), Mackay (5)

mdvasquez = Dena, DH, DS (17), DS (14), DD (13), new baby girl

Jamashp = Himself, DW, DD (12), DD (10), DS (6)

TROD = DW Tressa, DH Nick, DS Brandon (11), DS Jacob (10), Sister Kelli, BIL Tony, Nephew Hayden (8), Niece Madison (3), Nephew Wakeman (2), Father Charles and Mother Jeanie

taswira = Shari stateroom 7628

skoi = Julie, DH, DD (10), DS (6)

DMS_cruisers04 = Mike, DW Diane, DD Samantha (4)

rocadonismom = Carolyn (28) stateroom 7567

Carolyn, better take us off the list. We just switched to the December 11, 2004 cruise. Since we are also doing 5 days at the parks, we thought we would like to experience Christmas at WDW and do MVMCP. Good luck to all of you and have a great cruise!

Bonnie,

I'm so sorry to hear that. We will miss getting to know you on this thread and on the ship but, hope that you and your family have a wonderful vacation. I've never tried Disney at Christmas. Guess I'll have to live vicariously through you!

<B>Carolyn1023 - </B> I don't know if it was just a typo, but you left out the first "a" in my DIS name. It is "taswira" (Swahili for image or images). And yes, I am in 7628. Thank you. ::MinnieMo

Will anyone be doing a website or web page for the list? If no one else is and you would like, I could do <B>a page</B> similar to <a href="http://www.primateprojections.com/travel/DISlist092803.html" target="index">this one</A> for this cruise. <B>Or</B> I could do a <B>complete website</B> with newsletter pages (from news or info submitted to me) about our cruise and cruisers. I only mention this because WebmasterPenny stated when she locked the 10/11/03 thread that "<I>...we actually have a maximum limit of 150 pages per thread</I>." I foresee this thread getting much larger than that (the 10/11 was 480 pages!), so a separate site would allow more to be posted about the cruise - itinerary, excursion info and recommendations, DIS meet info, trick-or-treat info, cruiser info including first names, ages(?), stateroom or deck, celebrations, home town, photos if desired (I could password protect the site for access from our cruisers only) etc. What do you think? It would of course be <I>optional</I> for everyone to submit info on themselves, but those who feel comfortable doing that for a password protected site might find it a great way to get to know other cruisers a little prior to the cruise and to recognize them onboard. Let me know what you think. And if anyone else already has a site for the cruise in the works, please direct me to it! Thanks!

Shari

<B>UPDATE</B> - My DN, Michael (who will turn 37 just before the cruise), will be cruising with me. :D

Carolyn - Thank you for correcting my DIS name. ::MinnieMo

Shari, not a problem. It was a typo as I have it correct in my notes. I'll go ahead and add your nephew as well.

I also think the website is a great idea. I vote yes as long as you're willing to do it because computer literacy is not on my list of skills.

****Just a note; my new user name is rocadonismom (formerly known as Carolyn1023). I'm the same person just don't want the wedding date in my name anymore. Now back to your regularly scheduled program)

Thank you, Carolyn. Of course I am willing to do it! :p I'll try to start something over the next day or two. Any ideas or info you can post here or e-mail to me at info@magicaldisney.com. Please put "DIS" or reference to the cruise in the subject so it won't be rejected as spam. ;)

I think this is going to be a fantastic cruise! My DN and I did the Halloween Wonder last year, but my first Magic cruise was last month and we're looking forward to Halloween next year.

Shari

Well, I have the beginnings of a Halloween Magic 2004 website posted. It order to access it, everyone will need to log in with their DIS user name (I will add each user with exactly the same name but ALL LOWER CASE), but will also need the PASSWORD. <B>If each of you on this cruise will PM me, I will PM the password in reply</B>. You will then be able to access the site by logging in with your DIS name in lower case and <B>the password I provide you</B> - NOT your DIS password :eek:.

<B><font color=C30003>So if each of you (on THIS cruise only!) will PM me, I will add you to the access list and send you the site's password and location</font></b>.

Thanks!
Shari

If anyone has any trouble accessing the website I posted for this cruise, please PM or e-mail me. Remember that you MUST type in your DIS name in ALL LOWER CASE LETTERS as your user name, and use the Password I provided in the PM.

Please keep in mind that although I am "doing" the website, it will need to be a joint effort with help from those on this cruise if it is to be useful and worthwhile. So please contribute your ideas or info for the site. Thanks!

Shari,

I tried to access, but it didn't let me in. Used all lowercase and the password supplied in the PM. Please PM me to let me know if I've done something wrong.

Thanks!

Scott

Looking at my server log files, it looks like no one else has been able to access it either yet. Do you all have "cookies" enabled, which is usually required for a password protected site? Assuming that you are all using your exact DIS name but in all LOWER case, and typing in the exact password I gave you (which is UPPER case plus numbers), I don't know what to tell you. If any of you ARE able to access, please post here to let us know (but do NOT post the site address or the password here, please).

If everyone continues to have trouble, I may have to remove the password protection altogether. What do you think?

Okay. <B>In a few minutes</B> I will be PMing a NEW password for the Halloween Magic 2004 website to everyone I previously sent the message to. PLEASE let me know if this works for you. I tested it by trying a couple of your user names, and all worked well.

Sorry for the problems. :(

BTW - "Ginger," it will not accept your quotations in the user name, so your user name is simply <B>ginger</B>. Sorry . .

What a dits! I am new to all this - discusion boards, cursin ect...I have posted to the wrong board. We are on the 4 day Wonder Halloween cruise. Sorry! But, I did get on your site Taswira. It is fabulous! I hope someone can do this for our cruise! You guys have a fab trip.

Originally posted by TROD
What a dits! I am new to all this - discusion boards, cursin ect...I have posted to the wrong board. We are on the 4 day Wonder Halloween cruise. Sorry! But, I did get on your site Taswira. It is fabulous! I hope someone can do this for our cruise! You guys have a fab trip.
Ha-ha! I guess after all that, I'll have to remove your authorization to view the site! :p

You should switch to our cruise . . :teeth:

Thanks taswira, I've signed up and started posting on your site. Love it.

We had a great time this year on the Halloween cruise. DH and I participated in the Adult Halloween Contest. We didn't come in first but we did place for one of the most original costumes.

We had dinner 2 night at Palo, better than ever this year. Only got in 1 brunch and I enjoyed High Tea with one of our table mates. A lovely lady from England who shared her recipes of a real English High Tea with me. Thank you Lynn, Tony and Kim for a wonderful week of dinning companions.

The weather was just perfect, warm and sunny.
On our first night out we had a bumpy ride, even I felt a little green. But, I wasn't going to let it spoil my first dinner at Palo.

Our planned T-or-T went off very well. I only missed one stateroom, sorry again Carolyn 1023. We had 26 staterooms participating and less than an hour to hit them all in. We had to split our 40 some children into 2 groups also had to ask that some people bring their treats to our meeting place so we could get our hunt finished before DCL started theirs. I think all the children had a great time making out very well, from the looks of my DD's goodie bag.

Originally posted by "Ginger"
Thanks taswira, I've signed up and started posting on your site. Love it.
Thanks, Ginger. I hope everyone will eventually find their way to the site. Anyone on the cruise who does not have the URL and password can PM or e-mail me. I sent a PM with the info to most of you, but there was one who doesn't show a way to be contacted.

And thank you for posting on the mini-forum! I do hope everyone planning to participate in the stateroom trick-or-treating will post there on that thread, because as you pointed out it will make organizing a lot easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter