Off property dining suggestions??

ChrisAlli

DIS Veteran
Not sure if this is a no, no here....but can anyone recommend restaurants off Disney property, close by.

We'll have a car and we're getting in around dinner time just looking for somewhere before check in or later in the week for something different?

There's a ton of places near the Downtown Disney Entrance. Macaroni Grill, The Crab House, Bahama Breeze, Pizzeria Uno, Chevys, and so on.

We have eaten several times at Jungle Jims which is located in the "Goodings" plaza that is located across the road from the DTD entrance on Rt 535. It is an interesting restaurant and the food is pretty good and reasonably priced. They have a large selection of hamburgers along with many other choices and DH swears by the "chunked potatoes with toppings-cheese, bacon, etc.."(can't remember the exact name) appetizer.

Kris :wave2:

85 days till we leave for our 30th Anniversary 4-day Wonder Cruise and a few days at PO-R

Bahama Breeze would be a good choice from something different. It can get crowded though.

The Macaroni grill Restaurants are wonderful, we love them......if you like Italian!

Its certainly not a fancy place, but i LOVE getting a milkshake at Steak and Shake. For about $8 you get a burger, two sides and a wonderful shake. Just around the corner from Hotel Plaza on 535.

If it's not too far then Emeril's at Universal City Walk and Tchoup Chop at Royal Pacific at Universal are both amazing :cloud9:

If you wanted something along the lines of Buffet type... we go to Golden Corral.. which is in the same area.. but the other direction from Goodings plaza.. we think it's great. They had a nice selection.. steaks, burgers, chicken... everything... even baked sweet potatoes..(my favorite) :banana:

Last trip we stayed off-site at Country Inn & Suites in Lake Buena Vista and we ate once at Macaroni Grill (Italian, very family friendly) and once at Chevy's (really good Mexican). LOVED them both and would highly recommend either. I think they have multiple locations around WDW.

Most of the restaurants around WDW are of your standard chain type eateries. If you have it near your home, it is basically the same in Orlando. We occasionally ate outside Disney, but not anymore. The Disney restaurants are different, not your run of the mill place that you can go to near your home. That's why we never eat off property any more. There are a few places off site that are different, but we don't find it worth the effort when we are at WDW.

There are two fondue places in Orlando... the Melting Pot and I think the other is Colorado Fondue Company.

I love Perkins, I wish we had one close to me. I used to get the Big Salads in the bread bowls yummy!

About a 25 minute drive from the AKL is Santiago's, it's at the abse of the Citrus Tower in Clermont, good Mexican inexpensive and casual Ate there last night :)

Anne

Absolutely Giordano's for pizza. There is one just north of DTD on 535. The same shopping center as the Steak and Shake and the post office. Also one waaaaaay out in 192 almost to 27.

Except don't go there the week of October 1-9... it won't be any good that week...

Where is the best seafood buffet style restaurant. I know about Boston Lobster Feast, but are there any others?

We ate at the Ale House - across the street from the Sheraton Safari by Downtown Disney area. It was pretty good and relatively inexpensive. I got the 35 shrimp (!!!) entree that comes with choice of potato and cole slaw. You could also get it scampi style over pasta. This was only $7.95! It wasn't the best shrimp I have had (coconut shrimp at Rainforest Cafe), but it was good - especially for the price. My DD got the fish and chips special (forget price but around $7). My mom didn't order anything because there was plenty between my shrimp and the fish. DD got their famous zingers - chicken strips. I thought they were going to be spicy but they were plain chicken strips.

We also ate at Macaroni Grill. It was very good Italian food. Better than someplace like Olive Garden, but not as good as a real fine Italian style restaurant.

Maggie

bubbaloos bodaceous bbq is good to go to after universal. looks very ordinary outside and inside but the food is wonderfull! see the website for menu and directions :thewave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter