Odyssey Restaurant

SQUIGGLE

DIS Veteran
A local radio station just announced a contest with the prize being WDW tickets, etc and Dinner at EPCOT's "Odyssey Restaurant" Anyone just back know if Odyssey is open again? Or is this just a special deal?
Thanks

Last I heard, it was only used for private functions. It was dark when we walked past it last month.

Not to start an argument, but I do hope they reopen it. The building is so cool looking from the outside, and I really think they could do some cool things with it. I'm sure the chef would be new, as that restaurant has been closed for a LONG time and that it would have completely different food, etc. I just hate to see that nice looking building sitting empty. It's sort of sad.

This past trip, the only thing open there was the bathroom facilities. I took a peak behind the closed curtains, and it was empty. Food signs still up, like a food court setup, but no tables or chairs.

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

I would be delighted to see Odessy used for a new restaurant. It's been closed for years except for special events and it seems like such a waste to have the building to stand empty.

The do a lot of the Food & Wine Festival dinners at the Odyssey. Maybe this radio station trip coincides with the F&WF?

I'm going to move this to our Restaurants forum for you.

Thanks nativetxn. I was trying to get the question on before anyone got to the office and didn't even think of the Restaurant Board.

Thanks for all the other answers too. It must be something special for the contest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter