Odds of Pigeon Forge area and DVC?

littlestar

DIS Veteran
We know a lot of people that love to vacation in the Smokies. Us included! I love Cades Cove, etc., etc.,

Do you think Disney would ever build anything in this area like another DVC resort or some type of park? Didn't Disney want to build something around the battlefields in the east a few years ago? They gave that idea up because of protests. But I've wondered if maybe the Pigeon Forge area could be an alternative.

Any thoughts on this?

Good grief, can you imagine the TRAFFIC in Pigeon Forge on a weekend if Disney did build something there?

pin

Rumor - and only rumor (I have no facts):

1) Disney owns property at Emerald Isle in North Carolina
2) Disney owns property south of Talahassee in the Aplachocola area.

I would say they would make better DVC properties then Pigeon Forge.

My opinion.

We have family in Maryville, TN which is about 45 minutes from the mountains. It is so beautiful there and we go to Pidgeon Forge everytime we go. I know there are some trades you can make to the area. They are on the DVC member site.

I doubt Disney would go into an area that is already so crowded and that has such inflated land values. I don't think an area that supports Dollywood would be the best place for Disney. Dollywood's popularity is very different. It's strong point is it's local roots and attempt to preserve the local culture. (The new thunderhead rollercoaster is one of the best I've ever been on. It is not long but incredibly intense without any sense of disorientation or shaking.)

There are LOTS of areas around here AS beautiful and much less known if Disney wants to venture a resort in the mountains.

I think DVC will be slow to expand outside of WDW for awhile. They took years to sell-out Hilton Head & Vero Beach.:(

DVC announced it would build a resort in California in the 1990's. They eventually killed that idea and sold the property to Marriott.

I suspect future properties will focus on WDW....and maybe someday they will build a resort to tie-in with DisneyLand in California. But what the heck to I know????:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter